• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sticknmove

My Mom Just Ran Into Darren McCarty

Rate this topic

Hye I just got off the phone with my mom and she was telling me how she just ran into none other the Darren McCarty downton at the Blue Cross Blue Shield building. They got to talking and what not, basically she was telling him about me, and my rabid love of the Red Wings, but then they got to the subject of his return.She said as he was leaving he stopped and looked back and told her, "hey, tell your son to look for me Friday night." So there you have it. Darren McCarty tells my mom to tell me, and in return tell you, that he will be back Friday night.

Hye I just got off the phone with my mom and she was telling me how she just ran into none other the Darren McCarty downton at the Blue Cross Blue Shield building. They got to talking and what not, basically she was telling him about me, and my rabid love of the Red Wings, but then they got to the subject of his return.She said as he was leaving he stopped and looked back and told her, "hey, tell your son to look for me Friday night." So there you have it. Darren McCarty tells my mom to tell me, and in return tell you, that he will be back Friday night.

Im guessing you mean next Friday night?

maybe he's coming over for dinner?

:P

I'm just curious, why is it so hard to believe that his mom ran into McCarty? The players do go places other than the arena and their house. My mom ran into Yzerman at Einstein Bagels once. I just don't understand why everyone assumes this guy is making this up.

Thats really cool. For all you idiots on here who are being sarcastic, go spend some time downtown, you'll see Red Wings. Heck, last year Kris Draper walked right past me at a Tigers game, but I wasn't gonna make a scene. He was there with his kids, taking in a game.

Either way, if he does play in the Wings next Fri game then great! I was thinking about it tonight when he might be back.

Why is everyone being so sarcastic? I see players all the time. I think that's awesome.

As do I. I see the Wings all the time. Those being sarcastic are rude. It's so easy to bump into players seeing as most of us don't live very far from them.

That's exactly what I was saying. I don't get why everyone is responding like that.

Me 3. My friend talks about people she knows who work at a Starbucks that Lids comes in all the time and there was a time that my uncle happened to spy McCarty at a Toys R Us Store. Seriously, class up and be happy for the guy.

Thats really cool. For all you idiots on here who are being sarcastic, go spend some time downtown, you'll see Red Wings. Heck, last year Kris Draper walked right past me at a Tigers game, but I wasn't gonna make a scene. He was there with his kids, taking in a game.

Either way, if he does play in the Wings next Fri game then great! I was thinking about it tonight when he might be back.

Maybe there's a reason for the sarcasm... and skepticism...

As do I. I see the Wings all the time. Those being sarcastic are rude. It's so easy to bump into players seeing as most of us don't live very far from them.

I would love to bump into players all the time and not live very far from them. Next time the Wings are at home for a while maybe I should drive downtown for a daytrip and attempt such a feat (in a non-stalkerish way of course :lookaround:). That's so cool that DMac stopped to talk with your mom, I can't wait to see him on the ice!

You have a badass avatar.

hehe, thanks man :)

oh, and I didn't mean to sound sarcastic, I'm just being goofy. I believe him...McCarty probably spends a lot of time in various medical-related facilities. (goofy again, not sarcasm :) )

I wasn't being sarcastic, just pointing out that the Wings don't play Friday. No sarcasm at all. The little yellow dude was a puzzled face, cuz I'm thinking, why would Mac say to "look for him Friday" when there's no game? Next Friday makes much more sense, being as in today's paper it says he may get in 2-3 games before the end of the regular season.

BTW - I've run into Wings all over town. Shanny used to hang out at Dick O'Dow's pub in Birmingham a lot before he got married, I saw Stevie once walking out of Tiffany at Somerset (about three days before his wife's birthday...lol), my friend and I talked with Ozzie, Drapes and Mac about 10 years ago at a nightclub in Pontiac...lots of people I know have had a Wing sighting.

Thats cool. I see players all the time, one particular I see every week at the same place. Today I saw a different player driving next to me, as we live a few streets away from eachother....

HOWEVER, this thing with McCarty is how RUMORS START!!! lol I hope you're right, but now this is going to start a huge rumor.

I hope you prove me wrong.

BTW: It is unbelievable how nice some of these players are.

Edited by DetWings04