• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Redwings Medallion Collection

Rate this topic

http://www.marketplacedetroit.com/redwingsmed.html

Is anyone else kind of pumped for this. I already know I will end up dropping the cash for all of them. I remember they did something like this last year for the Tigers. They were selling pins not medallions but still pretty cool.

man this sucks...im in texas...i wish i could get this. if anyone is willing to do it for me i would pay=)

I wish they did the cool 8 1/2 x 11 pictures that used to come folded up in both papers. I used to hang those all over the room :cool:

Oh I remember those. They still do them during the playoffs. I had the Zeta one from last year up in my cube.

Yea, you can buy them from 7-11, Walgreens, etc. Where ever they're sold for $2.99 a piece. Picked one up yesterday while I was at 7-11. Figured I'd get the Red Wings one (team logo on front and back) just to see how it was, and if I wanted to invest any more money on this stuff... So I buy it, get it back home and check it out. MAN are these things cheap! Little $3 plastic pieces. Egh, If they were of nicer quality I would drop the money for the whole set (its around $73ish I think for the whole set if you pay it straight up). But I'm good with my one piece of plastic. Maybe if I go back and feel like it I'll pick up the Hank and Dats one. Those are probably the only 3 I'd get tho.

I'm waiting on the guy from The Detroit news to call me back, we bought a portion of the collection while we were in Detroit and just need about 15 more.

If I have any luck with this, I'll let you guys know his name/number so you can order a set thru the mail.

I decided to do it this year. For out of state people interested according to the newspaper you can call 1(800)395-3300. Hope this helps.

that's the number I tried and I didn't have much luck... they did tell me they were going to call me back yesterday and no one has called me back yet. I will give it a couple more days and try again...

i hate to be debbie downer here, but these things look pretty dumb. The last thing I want is a $3 medallion with the standard mug shot photo of each player. these are like the equivalent of "pogs" and will be thrown in a shoe box to rot just as quickly. They should do pucks or something, at least then they are worth having around and have something to do with hockey.

i hate to be debbie downer here, but these things look pretty dumb. The last thing I want is a $3 medallion with the standard mug shot photo of each player. these are like the equivalent of "pogs" and will be thrown in a shoe box to rot just as quickly. They should do pucks or something, at least then they are worth having around and have something to do with hockey.

hey I never said I was proud of spending the money.... I'm weak what can I say.

I personally liked the free posters they passed out in the Wednesday Freepress. I haven't even attempted to pay to collect any of these things