• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
#19forPresident!

Yzerman coming back to play

Rate this topic

Saw this on ESPN.com and couldn't help but laugh. Apparently yesterday we resigned Stevie for one more year, time to bring down that banner! :yowza:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/transactions?team=det

For the late comers: ESPN had listed in the Red Wings Transactions for March 25th 2008: " Signed center Steve Yzerman to a one year contract." They have since corrected the error, but I was in high hopes that since ESPN is so in tune with the NHL that it must have been true....... :rolleyes: alas Berry Melrose's mullet steps on the heart of Wing's fandom yet again

Edited by #19forPresident!

One could only wish for something like that. But hopefully he's in his late 80's early 90's form. I'd hate to see his knees take another brutal season on the ice in his current condition.

WTF?? :scared: ROTFLMAO!!! :yowza:

Somehow I highly doubt it - Stevie's said he hasn't skated since he retired, except once or twice with his daughters. He also said once he was retired, that was it - he wasn't going to do a comeback, a la Michael Jordan and Mario Lemieux.

Unless...maybe they mean he was re-signed for his front-office job? :dntknw:

Edited by Yzermania19

Let me guess it should say Red Wings VP Steve Yzerman... instead of Center.

Did the front office extend his "suit" contract yesterday?

WTF?? :scared: ROTFLMAO!!! :yowza:

Somehow I highly doubt it - Stevie's said he hasn't skated since he retired, except once or twice with his daughters. He also said once he was retired, that was it - he wasn't going to do a comeback, a la Michael Jordan and Mario Lemieux.

Unless...maybe they mean he was re-signed for his front-office job? :dntknw:

I thought that too, but they don't usually report management jobs unless it is GM or Coach.

Plus it said Center not vice president!!

Edited by Opie

I'll reserve judgement until another news source picks it up. ESPN is notorious for making mistakes, wasn't it just the other day that they confused the red wings for the avs in a picture caption?

It has to be an error - Stevie's the GM of Team Canada, in addition to his Wings' VP duties. He couldn't come back to play and still do the GM gig.

And besides, we all know how much ESPN loves hockey. :rolleyes:

Great, now we can bench either Sammy, Hudler, or Kopecky for the playoff run.

Too bad for Lidstrom that he has to give up the captaincy, but it's all for a good cause.

More than that. ESPN is set to report 4-1-08 that Steve Yzerman has successfully cloned himself and will be playing all forward and defensive positions. Osgood will still be in net, with genetically enhanced eyes.

I am curious if they meant Center Flip or if they meant VP Yzerman.

Flip is an RFA after the season and it wouldn't be too far fetched if the wings and him could only agree on a year.

I have no idea how long Stevie's contract was or is, though so.

More than that. ESPN is set to report 4-1-08 that Steve Yzerman has successfully cloned himself and will be playing all forward and defensive positions. Osgood will still be in net, with genetically enhanced eyes.

ROTFLMAO!!!! The question is, will they all wear #19?? Could be a little confusing - "Yzerman passes the puck to Yzerman and backhands it to Yzerman...he shoots and scores!!"

I think they fixed it now... :)

Besides, not even Stevie Y could shift Sammy from the top line... :scared:

Yeah especially considering he has played on the first line all year, right I mean it is not like he played on the 2nd or 3rd lines ever, never ever ever!

But good point nonetheless!

The entry has been removed from ESPN's website, for all the late comers to the thread who are wondering what is happening.

It was either a mistake or an early april fools joke, either way the entry is gone now.

Jesus, it was just a joke. :rolleyes:

Sorry for not getting your obvious joke (cough) but there are a lot of people on here that post statements like that and believe in their head that it is true.

Sorry for not getting your obvious joke (cough) but there are a lot of people on here that post statements like that and believe in their head that it is true.

Well considering it's in a thread about a ludicrous ESPN 'mistake' about Yzerman coming back (and not a serious thread about who should be playing where) I didn't think it would attract such a strenuous response. But whatever.

Well considering it's in a thread about a ludicrous ESPN 'mistake' about Yzerman coming back (and not a serious thread about who should be playing where) I didn't think it would attract such a strenuous response. But whatever.

Anytime you put down Sammy here on LGW, be rest assured that Opie will come to his rescue. :)

It just shows more than ever, that ESPN have their heads up their asses. I am sure that Yzerman blurp was written by an unhappy ESPN employee who loves the Redwings. He's probably Like "watch this s***" But ESPN has no interest in hockey and never will. But I am sure they will show the box score of the Stanley Cup Final on their bottom line right after "Under Water Basket-Weaving playoffs"

It just shows more than ever, that ESPN have their heads up their asses. I am sure that Yzerman blurp was written by an unhappy ESPN employee who loves the Redwings. He's probably Like "watch this s***" But ESPN has no interest in hockey and never will. But I am sure they will show the box score of the Stanley Cup Final on their bottom line right after "Under Water Basket-Weaving playoffs"

Oh no! Do you realize that someone who works for espn might be reading your post? You've now given them a new idea for a new hit show.

:lol: