• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Olympia Club

Rate this topic

You have to be a season ticket holder. Last year they had a thing going called Olympia Club member for a day and for $80 you got a ticket to the game, parking pass, a table at Olympia Club (for the whole game) and a meal. I did it a few times, it was a blast.

You got to show up early, eat your meal (saw Cleary in there one time eating dinner when he was a healthy scratch), and then go up for the game. During the intermission you go back down and your table has a fresh drink waiting for you (not included in the price) and a bathroom with no line. After the intermission you go back up to your seat. It was very cool.

I took my son one time and he loved the royal treatment. Then one of the wait staff told him that some of the players pass by the front door after they are showered and on their way home, and if he waited he could get their autographs. So we waited and he got his Hockeytown magazine signed by Cheli, Osgood, and Manny. He also got his picture with each of them. He was stoked.

Very, very nice place. The players do a lot of interviews there.

I wish they still did it, I'd go again.

Edited by Lidsyukerberg

Oh thats sweet. I am a season ticket holder so can i just head down there during the breaks and grab a beer there? How would they know that I'm a season ticket holder and not just some person? Where is it located?

You have to be a season ticket holder. Last year they had a thing going called Olympia Club member for a day and for $80 you got a ticket to the game, parking pass, a table at Olympia Club (for the whole game) and a meal. I did it a few times, it was a blast.

You got to show up early, eat your meal (saw Cleary in there one time eating dinner when he was a healthy scratch), and then go up for the game. During the intermission you go back down and your table has a fresh drink waiting for you (not included in the price) and a bathroom with no line. After the intermission you go back up to your seat. It was very cool.

I took my son one time and he loved the royal treatment. Then one of the wait staff told him that some of the players pass by the front door after they are showered and on their way home, and if he waited he could get their autographs. So we waited and he got his Hockeytown magazine signed by Cheli, Osgood, and Manny. He also got his picture with each of them. He was stoked.

That's awesome! I've always heard about the Olympia Club, but never got any details on it until now. Sounds like great fun. Was the food any good by the way?

Legends Club > Olympia Club.

If anyone has the chance to get Legends Club tickets then do it. You get an all you can eat buffet which is fantastic, free non-alcoholic beverages and dessert, free parking, private bathrooms..no lines, private bar...only thing that isn't free, and much more. Last time I saw Kocur, Yzerman, Dino, and all the guys from FSN detroit hanging out in the Legends Club. It is very nice. Plus you can actually see the live game from your seat, whereas you dont see the live game in the Olympia, just on TV.

The Legends Club is the best vantage point in all of sports...

Oh thats sweet. I am a season ticket holder so can i just head down there during the breaks and grab a beer there? How would they know that I'm a season ticket holder and not just some person? Where is it located?

Check with them about the details, I'm not sure how it works. You may have to pay for a membership or something, I don't know. All I know is that they said it was for season ticket holders only. I would give them a call to be sure.

That's awesome! I've always heard about the Olympia Club, but never got any details on it until now. Sounds like great fun. Was the food any good by the way?

The food was awesome, it wasn't even food, it was cuisine. I didn't even know I would ever get to use that word in my normal every day life.

Legends Club > Olympia Club.

If anyone has the chance to get Legends Club tickets then do it. You get an all you can eat buffet which is fantastic, free non-alcoholic beverages and dessert, free parking, private bathrooms..no lines, private bar...only thing that isn't free, and much more. Last time I saw Kocur, Yzerman, Dino, and all the guys from FSN detroit hanging out in the Legends Club. It is very nice. Plus you can actually see the live game from your seat, whereas you dont see the live game in the Olympia, just on TV.

The Legends Club is the best vantage point in all of sports...

Wow. How do you get tickets to that??? That sounds way cool.

Even as a STH you have to purchase the whole year or nothing. Last year it was +$850 for the whole year. You could try calling the hospitality office at 313-396-7374 and see if they would let you in for some of the last games. The club is right below sec 124ish, somewhere in that corner.

Haha, that's the greatest part of the Olympia Club - no line for the bathrooms.

No, you can't. Unless they changed it. You need a membership to the Olympia Club to be able to go there.

Dress code is strictly followed. You can't wear jeans (any color) and I believe you can't wear tennis shoes.

For the most part yeah. I've seen them let women wearing tennis shoes in after some protest, but I've also seen them turn people away for jeans more than a couple times. One time there were these guys that came from Toronto or something for a game and to go to the Olympia. They got turned away because they had tennis shoes on. I felt so bad for them that I almost offered to switch shoes with one of them :lol:

I'll vouch for Legends Club too. I haven't actually been at the Joe, but I've been to the Champions Club at Comerica. It's such a great way to watch the game.

If anyone has the chance to get Legends Club tickets then do it.
Earlier in the season I'd see "Suite Passes" for sale at Ticketmaster. Were those for the Legends Club???? They were something like $100 each.

Earlier in the season I'd see "Suite Passes" for sale at Ticketmaster. Were those for the Legends Club???? They were something like $100 each.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the Legends Club is labled as itself, but I could be wrong. Last time, the tickets were $150 per game. I'm not sure what the suite pass is though. However, I do know that Legends Club season tickets are $6500 per seat, and suites for the season are $125,000. (at least thats when i last checked)

I saw Legends Clubs tickets for sale on ticketmaster earlier in the season...

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the Legends Club is labled as itself, but I could be wrong.

Perhaps the ones I saw were more like $150. I just remember thinking that the lack of a meaningful description on Ticketmaster was a bit odd.

Edited by Gizmo

Legends club sounds neat. I was lucky enough a few years ago to have the opportunity to watch the Wings play the Avs in the final regular season game from a suite owned (at the time, anyway) by Kraft. Some people say the boxes are too far away...I thought the view was great. But then again, I was one of only two of the 25 or people in the suite who actually used the balcony and watched the game...the other being the friend who got the tickets.