25 replies to this topic

#21 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Kp-Wings @ March 27, 2008 - 04:46AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see what makes him the traded one, and Lebda not. Lebda sucks, and hopefully, they manage to dumb him off somewhere, even if it's for nothing.

I love this logic, trade a guy who sucks because no one else in the league knows he sucks it is just your little secret, oh crap you let the cat out of the bag now!!
s*** they won't be able to trade him if they wanted to, now everyone knows he sucks.....OR

You are exaggerating your point.

You do realize that this is not Playstation or Xbox, when a team suggests a trade their isn't a computer that matches overall ratings and says "Yup, these totals are the same, you can trade Lebda, Sammy, Huds, Drake, Maltby, and Draper for Malkin and Crosby"

Teams have a position with in their organizations called Scouting, these people are paid to travel around the country, some around the world, to report back the talent and potential a player has, and these people have been given specific sets of guidelines. I have a feeling "The play must not suck" is one of their criteria, and as you so eloquently Lebda Sucks, so therfore how do you propose the Red Wings trade their "Sucky" Player.

BTW> I don't think Lebda sucks, I think he is a solid 5-6 d-man with speed, but then again I never expected him to be a #1!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#22 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Opie @ March 27, 2008 - 10:46AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW> I don't think Lebda sucks, I think he is a solid 5-6 d-man with speed, but then again I never expected him to be a #1!

I agree Lebda isn't as bad as some would suggest - however me thinks Lebda might be the 1st to sit in the press box next season if/when Ericsson makes his debut...Then again Chelios could retire (unlikely), or Holland chooses not to re-sign Lilja (also unlikely).

Either way the #5/#6 Dman spot will be up for grabs next season.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#23 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

I think the only guaranteed spots on D next year belong to Lids, Ralf, and Kronwall.

Lebda, Lilja, Ericsson, Meech, Quincey will all depend on what happens with Cheli and Stuart, then the pieces will fall from there. But I really only see the top 3 as secure positions.

I must admit I am starting to agree with Eva and others, Ericsson will in all likelihood be in the AHL next year, just because of Waivers.

Edited by Opie, 27 March 2008 - 11:04 AM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#24 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ March 26, 2008 - 09:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why doesn't Quincey ever fight when he's called up, dammit? I guess he should know by now that fighting isn't the best way to make this team's roster.

Probably because it's easier to show your development on defense when you're on the ice as opposed to running around looking for fights when fighting skill is last on the totem poll of importance for a guy like him?
Moral victories are for losers.

#25 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Heaton @ March 27, 2008 - 11:18AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably because it's easier to show your development on defense when you're on the ice as opposed to running around looking for fights when fighting skill is last on the totem poll of importance for a guy like him?

True - however if you're a guy whom is equal to the likes of a Meech, or Lebda in terms of what ya bring on the ice I think a guy like Quincey can tilt the odds in his favor for playing time if he's capable of playing a tuff physical game, & dropping the mitts which neither Meech, nor Lebda do.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#26 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

nevermind

Edited by Kp-Wings, 28 March 2008 - 06:25 PM.