• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:35 PM

Any chance this guy gets drafted? The one knock on him is his height, or lack thereof. He's listed at 5'8, but surely someone will give him a look? He put up 124 points in 67 regular season games this season with Kitchener in the OHL, and in 4 playoff games he has 14 points, yes, 14!

Anyone seen him play and feel he has a chance to succeed in the NHL?

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#2 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ March 27, 2008 - 12:35AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any chance this guy gets drafted? The one knock on him is his height, or lack thereof. He's listed at 5'8, but surely someone will give him a look? He put up 124 points in 67 regular season games this season with Kitchener in the OHL, and in 4 playoff games he has 14 points, yes, 14!

Anyone seen him play and feel he has a chance to succeed in the NHL?

f*** him!

14 against Smitty is not very impressive... the scores for the games were 9-2, 6-4, 7-3, 7-4 Our goalie and team were absolutely HORRIBLE

with that said... he looked mighty fine in all four games and the 2 regular season games i saw him in.

I would have to think he would at least get a look, but he is quick, makes heads up plays, is physical and is all around a great player to have! While he pissed the f*** out of me these last 4 games... he is a very good player

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#3 juice71285

juice71285

2011-12 Weekend Picks Champion

• PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Location:Lost in the vast emptiness of space and time, and what is left of my demented mind.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

My guess is that many teams will be looking at him. Given the stats you have shown and the new rules of the NHL, there is no reason why teams would not look at him. While he of a smaller stature, the league's new rules have sort of even the playing field for the smaller players. It will still be a tough road for him because he is small, but if he is skilled enough and good enough skater, he should have no trouble making the NHL.

#4 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

He will be drafted for sure. Won't be early though.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#5 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

Azevedo's an over-ager. He's a free agent once the Kitchener Rangers are done. Teams won't be tripping over themselves to sign him because he didn't put up impressive numbers until his over-age season, which happens quite often in the junior ranks. Tyler Donati was in a similar situation in 2006/07.

He'll sign with somebody and probably spend next year split between the ECHL & AHL.

Edited by MacK_Attack, 09 April 2008 - 11:09 PM.

#6 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:24 AM

Just a cool 2 goals and 2 assists tonight for Justin.

He's certainly doing all he can do!

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.