• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Justin Azevedo

Rate this topic

Any chance this guy gets drafted? The one knock on him is his height, or lack thereof. He's listed at 5'8, but surely someone will give him a look? He put up 124 points in 67 regular season games this season with Kitchener in the OHL, and in 4 playoff games he has 14 points, yes, 14!

Anyone seen him play and feel he has a chance to succeed in the NHL?

Any chance this guy gets drafted? The one knock on him is his height, or lack thereof. He's listed at 5'8, but surely someone will give him a look? He put up 124 points in 67 regular season games this season with Kitchener in the OHL, and in 4 playoff games he has 14 points, yes, 14!

Anyone seen him play and feel he has a chance to succeed in the NHL?

f*** him!

14 against Smitty is not very impressive... the scores for the games were 9-2, 6-4, 7-3, 7-4 Our goalie and team were absolutely HORRIBLE

with that said... he looked mighty fine in all four games and the 2 regular season games i saw him in.

I would have to think he would at least get a look, but he is quick, makes heads up plays, is physical and is all around a great player to have! While he pissed the f*** out of me these last 4 games... he is a very good player

My guess is that many teams will be looking at him. Given the stats you have shown and the new rules of the NHL, there is no reason why teams would not look at him. While he of a smaller stature, the league's new rules have sort of even the playing field for the smaller players. It will still be a tough road for him because he is small, but if he is skilled enough and good enough skater, he should have no trouble making the NHL.

Azevedo's an over-ager. He's a free agent once the Kitchener Rangers are done. Teams won't be tripping over themselves to sign him because he didn't put up impressive numbers until his over-age season, which happens quite often in the junior ranks. Tyler Donati was in a similar situation in 2006/07.

He'll sign with somebody and probably spend next year split between the ECHL & AHL.

Edited by MacK_Attack