• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Gordie's 80th

Rate this topic

I am so excited for the games this weekend. I know it's an action packed weekend in Detroit between Macs return, Drakes 1000 game recognition/ceremony, and Gordie Howe's 80th birthday.

There's a real cool story on nhl.com about Gordie. Did you know He drives a mini-van? I figured he drove a Jag or a Cadillac or something.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=358221

Sorry if this has already been posted or old news. If so please delete.

Gordie came to Broomfield, CO last April and we had the privilege of meeting him... what a nice guy and a true gentleman. My husband was wearing his Yzerman jersey so Gordie told him "you need to cover up that #1"

this is the end result... (Gordie covered up the #1 on his own, lol)

DSC00487.jpg

Gordie came to Broomfield, CO last April and we had the privilege of meeting him... what a nice guy and a true gentleman. My husband was wearing his Yzerman jersey so Gordie told him "you need to cover up that #1"

this is the end result... (Gordie covered up the #1 on his own, lol)

DSC00487.jpg

That is so freakin cool. Im jealous.

He was asking me "who is that guy from Colorado?" (regarding my Sakic jersey) then he just chuckled a little bit and smiled, he really loved joking around and was just enjoying talking to everyone. In fact, he wanted to have a conversation with each person that came through the line.

Edited by tiff_luvs_homer