• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
isbister

D Mac

Rate this topic

Predictions on Macs return....

I say hands down without a doubt Mac throws his mits down and has a go with Jamal Mayers. I think he doesn't get much ice time, but I think he gets the start so he can get the proper O he deserves. Thoughts and predictions on THE MAC ATTACKS return?

Honestly. I say he has a good solid game, throws the body a bit. Adgitates. Gets around 6-8 mins ice time.

But I dont see him dropping the mits.

I agree. I'm not really expecting McCarty to fight, mostly just to hit guys hard and annoy them.

Predictions on Macs return....

I say hands down without a doubt Mac throws his mits down and has a go with Jamal Mayers. I think he doesn't get much ice time, but I think he gets the start so he can get the proper O he deserves. Thoughts and predictions on THE MAC ATTACKS return?

i wouldn't be that positive, infact i would kind of be surprised if dmac fought his first game back.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I doubt he'll go out there for a fight on Friday... He may be healthy enough to play, but I doubt he'll want to risk hurting his ribs again in a fight.

Well i would love to see him drop the gloves like the good old days, but i don't really think that it will happen.

I don't see him getting a ton of ice but i would like to see him and Downy on a line. I would to see them go out there and wreck some people together. Again, i douby it will happen.

And my final hope is that they reunite the GRIND LINE!!! That better happen.

Guest Jeremy88

He isn't gonna do anything. He'll do what Drake does...only worse. He'll try to bring some offense, but he won't. He'll try to be physical (maybe he will, maybe he won't).

Everyone keeps saying "OMFGZ Let's reunite the grind line!!!" Srsly? You want to put a guy who hasn't played an NHL game since he got dropped by Calgary on our top defensive line? Bit of a waste of Draper and Maltby's talent I think.

All of you think he's gonna come back and be greater than Dats and Z....you need to remember that he's older than he was...he's not that great anymore...and there's a reason why he hasn't been playing with us for the last couple years

He isn't gonna do anything. He'll do what Drake does...only worse. He'll try to bring some offense, but he won't. He'll try to be physical (maybe he will, maybe he won't).

Everyone keeps saying "OMFGZ Let's reunite the grind line!!!" Srsly? You want to put a guy who hasn't played an NHL game since he got dropped by Calgary on our top defensive line? Bit of a waste of Draper and Maltby's talent I think.

All of you think he's gonna come back and be greater than Dats and Z....you need to remember that he's older than he was...he's not that great anymore...and there's a reason why he hasn't been playing with us for the last couple years

You know what? This isn't about his offensive skills or his fighting ability. This is about a man overcoming huge odds and clawing his way back to an NHL spot on a team that he was a huge fan favorite. This is about that guy making his debut in front of fans that once heralded him for his timely playoff goals and being part of the retribution that finally allowed us to overcome the Avalanche obstacle. Sure some are drinking the Koolaid heartily in discussing his return but it's not about them. It's about him. Don't ruin a good story with the negative junk. I'm one of those people who would love to see him reunited with the line that helped him gain popularity. If it's only for one shift then so be it.

Edited by wingsfan75

yeah so you think that we are just giving him a chance because we fans want it correct? do you really think holland and the boys would be doing something like that in a time like this? they had to of seen something in him. and really anything is a step above the way drake has been this year...ok yeah he may not be as good as drake when he comes in worse case, but he is bringing so much more to this team and its fans then that then apparently you will ever know.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

DMac will play between 5 1/2 to 7 1/2 minutes, throw a big check to start, to make his presence known, but then settle down and try to play a solid game. He still has to show he can play smart as a 4th liner to get a playoff spot.

I doubt he'll go out there for a fight on Friday... He may be healthy enough to play, but I doubt he'll want to risk hurting his ribs again in a fight.

If he can't crash or fight he shouldn't be playing. That simple. It's the only thing he could possibly do so if he can't even do that? Why bother?

He's gonna be getting challenges all night from the Blues, unless told specifically not to fight, I don't see how he doesn't go with Mayers or Jackman

edit: especially because it's at the Joe

Edited by skacore

You know what? This isn't about his offensive skills or his fighting ability. This is about a man overcoming huge odds and clawing his way back to an NHL spot on a team that he was a huge fan favorite. This is about that guy making his debut in front of fans that once heralded him for his timely playoff goals and being part of the retribution that finally allowed us to overcome the Avalanche obstacle. Sure some are drinking the Koolaid heartily in discussing his return but it's not about them. It's about him. Don't ruin a good story with the negative junk. I'm one of those people who would love to see him reunited with the line that helped him gain popularity. If it's only for one shift then so be it.

Nice post-100% agree :clap: .....that's what TONIGHT is about.

Tomorrow, the honeymoom is over and Mac has to prove himself and earn a playoff roster spot.

Good Luck Mac--We're all (the majority of us anyway) pulling for you!!!

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

:clap: nuff said. cant we all just be positive for once..geez

good luck on your return d-mac

Edited by maltbymaniac

All you wrote may be true but theres only one way to find out,play him.

You want to put a guy who hasn't played an NHL game since he got dropped by Calgary on our top defensive line? Bit of a waste of Draper and Maltby's talent I think.

You mean both negative players Draper and Maltby. Both have been bad most of the season. Its a good thing they both bring leadership as they have been some of the worst players on the team at points this season. And if Dats and Hank are on the same line that is the best defensive line Detroit has.