• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Quebec to ban fighting

Rate this topic

I know this isn't a popular opinion but I'm not upset by this ruling. Most of these kids are 16 to 18 year olds. I've seen games where grown men are salivating with blood lust hoping a couple of these kids murder each other.

When I was younger I used to think differently of it, but now that I'm a father of 2 I think differently.

Think of that young goalie that didn't want to fight but got pummled by Johnathan Roy. Think about his parents. Would you want to see that happen to your kid?

While this isn't the most 'manly' statement to make, some parents raise their kids not to be fighters. Some parents want their kids in hockey to enjoy the beauty of the game, not worry about getting pummled every night.

I have no problem with fighting in the pro's. Like Tiger Williams once said, "if you're not getting paid to fight, you're an idiot". But in junior, it's different.

It's not a ruling. It's legislation that doesn't necessarily get passed.

Your kids don't have a chance to make the pros because they're a physical presence and will drop the gloves. These are big boys, these are kids that in a lot of cases are going to get drafted.

It's not a ruling. It's legislation that doesn't necessarily get passed.

Your kids don't have a chance to make the pros because they're a physical presence and will drop the gloves. These are big boys, these are kids that in a lot of cases are going to get drafted.

It would appear though that the QMJHL is going to go forward with banning fighting whether or not the Quebec legislature approves the measure.

Quebec to ban fighting????

Damn it does look like they will be getting an NHL squad back very shortly!!!!!

Good news everybody

Go Neuvirth Go

Go Gens Go

Reilly could win the debate, but maybe not the popular vote here.

If the debate was about fighting in general, but not about the validity of it in the sport. There's plenty of arguments for fighting in the NHL, especially if the rules stay the way they are.

I opened this and wondered if LNAH was included, but I see it's not. If it was, the entire league would have to shut down!

LNAH is the greatest league in the world. I wish they'd broadcast games for them in the US, because it'd definitly be a couple hours of good entertainment! :D

It's probably worth remembering that fighting is already illegal in hockey. The question is not whether they will ban it but how far will they decrease toleration of it.

Thank you. I was waiting for someone to realize that.

I had a feeling that Probert had a tough childhood; too bad he brought his demons with him into the NHL...Would've been great to see him win the Cup with Stevie.

A friend of mine bumped into Probie about 3 years ago in a Windsor bar (dive really). He said he was a cool guy who had nothing but great things to say about Stevie. It would have been great to see him win a Cup with #19.

Regarding the fighting debate did anyone catch what Mike Milbury had to say on TSN last night?

He said there is no room for fighting in amateur hockey and it needs to be eliminated. While I do agree with Milbury I found it funny that this was coming from someone who once beat a fan with his own shoe.

For those that missed it or can't get it in the US, go to http://broadband.tsn.ca/ , scroll down and select "Milbury's Take".

A friend of mine bumped into Probie about 3 years ago in a Windsor bar (dive really). He said he was a cool guy who had nothing but great things to say about Stevie. It would have been great to see him win a Cup with #19.

Regarding the fighting debate did anyone catch what Mike Milbury had to say on TSN last night?

He said there is no room for fighting in amateur hockey and it needs to be eliminated. While I do agree with Milbury I found it funny that this was coming from someone who once beat a fan with his own shoe.

For those that missed it or can't get it in the US, go to http://broadband.tsn.ca/ , scroll down and select "Milbury's Take".

My step mother went to school with the Probert boys and she confirms they had a very rough childhood. I think the substance abuse and addictive personalities are hereditary... it was told to me that Bob's brother was less of a even hockey player and even more of a troubled tough guy.

I also bumped into an intoxicated Probert in a filthy Windsor bar some years back. At first he was instigating a fight with me and my friends. We wanted no part of him even before we knew who he was. He settled down after realizing we were all Red Wing fans and more importantly Probert fans and he gave us autographs and hung out with us and spoke glowingly about his days in Detroit. What was sad to see was all of the "flies" that were buzzing around him, feeding him drinks and what ever else and trying to keep him on edge. You could sense that he was in a very bad place and if provocked he'd snap and have easily cleared the place by himself. He is huge! His hands were as big a dinner plates. It Seemed tpo me that he was one way when sober and a opposite when not.

Good luck to Probie and his sobriety! I'll always be a huge Probert fan!