• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Bertuzzi sues Crawford

Rate this topic

Boy, this is fun .. watching Wings fan bashed Bertuzzi. Not long ago, many here defended him as both a player AND person. He's always been a self-centered prick, not a player you hope kids look up to; an ******* who thinks he is above any punishment. Dude should never have been allowed back into the league. And Burke, Crawford, that whole Vancouver team that he played on and thoroughly defended him - right on up to the NHL offices, s***, even Gretzky saying he should be forgiven - even invited him to Team Canada ... F 'em all.

Suing Crawford? What a friggin' joke.

My thinking here is, Moore wont let it go because he's losing money quick, and Bertuzzi named Crawford, because he doesn't have an extra $38 Million in the bank right now.

And I think Crawford should be minimally responsible, as in 2-5% of damages. He made the order, but I'm betting Bert would have done it anyway.

Oh by the way, Edicius: I was just playing some Marvel superheroes, and I gotta say, Deadpool is by far the coolest.

Edited by Earthhuman

And I think Crawford should be minimally responsible, as in 2-5% of damages. He made the order, but I'm betting Bert would have done it anyway.

Oh by the way, Edicius: I was just playing some Marvel superheroes, and I gotta say, Deadpool is by far the coolest.

I'm wondering something...was Burke still GM of the Nucks when the hit went down? If so...I would think that if Bertuzzi is suing Crawford, he should sue Burke too. But we all know that he'd never sue his "daddy".

And Deadpool's supposed to make a cameo in the new Wolverine movie. I'm geeked. Gonna get a DP tattoo soon too.

I fell bad for Bert that this s*** is STILL dragging out.

I think we ALL felt horribly for Moore when the incident happened, and a lot of us either disliked or hated Bert for the incident. But after all the years and what has transpired since, I think a lot of people have actually done a complete 180 and now feel bad for Bert and dislike Moore.

Moore represents the typical North American "sue happy" culture. First off, he could have played hockey again if he wanted to. He did not want to becasue he was banking on becoming a millionaire in his lawsuit. Second, Moore was not a good hockey player and would never have made the anywhere even close to the amount he is sueing for, claiming he would have made.

And the fact that Moores money grubbing parents are also trying to get in on the sue fest by sueing Bert seperately for millions for "emotional trauma" or some other such nonsense becasue they saw the hit on TV is some of the most ridiculous s*** I have heard of. Its disgusting and Moores parents should be ashamed of themselves. But then again, it shows us where Moore gets his values from and the overall picture becomes a bit clearer.

How about every time a player gets injured, the parents sue the guy who delivered the hit? Better yet, how about every time a player even gets checked or knocked down, the parents sue? Ridiculous.....

I fell bad for Bert that this s*** is STILL dragging out.

I think we ALL felt horribly for Moore when the incident happened, and a lot of us either disliked or hated Bert for the incident. But after all the years and what has transpired since, I think a lot of people have actually done a complete 180 and now feel bad for Bert and dislike Moore.

Moore represents the typical North American "sue happy" culture. First off, he could have played hockey again if he wanted to. He did not want to becasue he was banking on becoming a millionaire in his lawsuit. Second, Moore was not a good hockey player and would never have made the anywhere even close to the amount he is sueing for, claiming he would have made.

And the fact that Moores money grubbing parents are also trying to get in on the sue fest by sueing Bert seperately for millions for "emotional trauma" or some other such nonsense becasue they saw the hit on TV is some of the most ridiculous s*** I have heard of. Its disgusting and Moores parents should be ashamed of themselves. But then again, it shows us where Moore gets his values from and the overall picture becomes a bit clearer.

How about every time a player gets injured, the parents sue the guy who delivered the hit? Better yet, how about every time a player even gets checked or knocked down, the parents sue? Ridiculous.....

All of the section I bolded is your own personal speculation and completely unfounded, unless you have legit sources you'd like to provide links to.

I think the biggest shift in opinion here at LGW has more to do with Bert wearing the winged wheel than anything else. Regardless, Bert and the Nucks should've ponied up for an offer that at the very least wasn't insulting for Moore's injuries, so they could put this behind them. The 350k Bert offered in 2006 was an insult considering the league minimum was greater than that. Even if Moore only had to miss a season due to his injuries, he would've been out more money than that. Burke only compounded things with his derisively offering a contract when Moore wasn't even cleared to play. This secret deal with Crawford only makes things look worse. The hockey community circling its wagons and protecting its own, and unfortunately for Moore he wasn't around long enough to become part of that community.

This whole thing has dragged on far too long, and it's not just Moore's fault.

Disagree on the amount.

Moore was a quick-skating 21 year-old rookie forward who had scored 12 points in 57 games, was defensively responsible, and was a physical presence. He was drafted in the middle of the second round.

So basically, he was more or less comparable to Abdelkader or Helm.

If you assume that the average player's career is between 7 and 10 years for a player like that - assuming he never got past that level - that means he's suggesting he would have made an average of $1.5m-$2m per year for his career.

That's perfectly reasonable for a player of that caliber and role.

I think the biggest shift in opinion here at LGW has more to do with Bert wearing the winged wheel than anything else. Regardless, Bert and the Nucks should've ponied up for an offer that at the very least wasn't insulting for Moore's injuries, so they could put this behind them. The 350k Bert offered in 2006 was an insult considering the league minimum was greater than that. Even if Moore only had to miss a season due to his injuries, he would've been out more money than that. Burke only compounded things with his derisively offering a contract when Moore wasn't even cleared to play. This secret deal with Crawford only makes things look worse. The hockey community circling its wagons and protecting its own, and unfortunately for Moore he wasn't around long enough to become part of that community.

This whole thing has dragged on far too long, and it's not just Moore's fault.

I am not talking about here at LGW, I am talking in general. Most of my friends and aquaintances are not from the Detroit area and are not Wings fans, and a lot (not all) of their opinions have done a 180.

As for Bertuzzi's offer, I agree. But so was what Moore was asking for. Its like a business negotiation. One party goes high, the other goes low, and you meet somewhere in between. If one parties offer is insultingly high, than you go insultingly low, and again, you meet in the middle somewhere.

And yes, its not just Moore's fault, as the incident wasn't Moore's choosing, but the fact it has drawn out for so long is becasue Moore wants what he wants and doesn't want to take a penny less.

Edited by sleepwalker

I am not talking about here at LGW, I am talking in general. Most of my friends and aquaintances are not from the Detroit area and are not Wings fans, and a lot (not all) of their opinions have done a 180.

As for Bertuzzi's offer, I agree. But so was what Moore was asking for. Its like a business negotiation. One party goes high, the other goes low, and you meet somewhere in between. If one parties offer is insultingly high, than you go insultingly low, and again, you meet in the middle somewhere.

Agree, though the amount Moore was asking for was high, but much closer to reality than Bert's settlement offer. Bert's offer was basically like leaving pennies on the table so the waitress knows that you didn't forget to tip, you're just a dick.

Moore wanted $15 million for loss of income. As Eva showed in his post, that may be optimistic but not unreasonable. If Bert and Orca Bay sports had coughed up half that, with another million or two for punitive damages, this would probably all be over. If the NHL were smart they would've played a larger role and helped make this bad publicity incident go away. But Bettman is seriously lacking in diplomacy skills, especially for a situation this heated. $7 to 10 million would've been more than worth it to the NHL to put this behind the league once and for all.

Moore wanted $15 million for loss of income. As Eva showed in his post, that may be optimistic but not unreasonable. If Bert and Orca Bay sports had coughed up half that, with another million or two for punitive damages, this would probably all be over. If the NHL were smart they would've played a larger role and helped make this bad publicity incident go away. But Bettman is seriously lacking in diplomacy skills, especially for a situation this heated. $7 to 10 million would've been more than worth it to the NHL to put this behind the league once and for all.

I agree, around 7 or so would have been appropriate. But at the time, Moores lawyer refused to negtiate, and as you pointed out, Bettman should have tried to mediate.

As far as my comments about Moore trying to bank on the incident, etc. I stand by that. Just look at the most recent article. How did the 15 million he was asking for jump to 40 million? Moore and his lawyers (and heven his parents) are really trying to milk every last penny they can out of this IMO. I mean, his parents magically decided to sue for a mil and a half a day before that statute expired on the time limit to when they could sue.

I agree, around 7 or so would have been appropriate. But at the time, Moores lawyer refused to negtiate, and as you pointed out, Bettman should have tried to mediate.

As far as my comments about Moore trying to bank on the incident, etc. I stand by that. Just look at the most recent article. How did the 15 million he was asking for jump to 40 million? Moore and his lawyers (and heven his parents) are really trying to milk every last penny they can out of this IMO. I mean, his parents magically decided to sue for a mil and a half a day before that statute expired on the time limit to when they could sue.

If someone basically ended my hockey career (no matter how long or short it may have been) by breaking my neck and giving me a severe concussion, I'd probably try to make bank from them too. But you were stating things about how he could play hockey if he wanted to. That's completely unfounded speculation. I've never seen anything that even hints that he is healthy. Three years after the incident there was an article that stated he was still not able to do a full workout and was suffering lingering symptoms from his concussion.

If someone basically ended my hockey career (no matter how long or short it may have been) by breaking my neck and giving me a severe concussion, I'd probably try to make bank from them too. But you were stating things about how he could play hockey if he wanted to. That's completely unfounded speculation. I've never seen anything that even hints that he is healthy. Three years after the incident there was an article that stated he was still not able to do a full workout and was suffering lingering symptoms from his concussion.

Fair enough. I agree, we don't know if he could play hockey again. But then again, we don't know because (or it least it seems) he never really tried to get back into the NHL. He went out and got a high priced lawyer and has essentially just been hoping to bank on the lawsuit ever since.

I guess I am just trying to point out to the people who say its not about the money to Moore, (since I have heard that many times from people while discussing the incident and lawsuits that have followed) that that is complete BS. Its ALL about the money. The lawyer has refused to even try to negotiate. His parents even got in on the sueing action, and since the news of the lawsuit first broke, Moore and his lawyer have almost tripled the amount he was originally asking for from 15 million to 40 million.

Edited by sleepwalker

Guest irishock

Is Bert still going through this crap after 8 years?

Thank god it didn't happen with him on the Wings in 2004 (but prime Bert with Pavel in 2004 would be crazy)

Edited by irishock

Guest Johnz96

Bert deserves it because of the ridickulous offer and of course because of the hit and I don't think there was any intent to injure to Naslund. The $350 000 offer was classless and ignorant, hope the Moore's get everything they're asking for