• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Datsyuk Vs Zetterberg Back !

Rate this topic

I'm just going nuts !!! Like all these past 3/4 years we've always thought zetterberg was the better all around player, but what about datsyuk wow ... 94 pts + 41 ... ??? ... If washington dont make playoffs can he win hart?

Anyways your thoughts ppl cause i want to say datsyuk is better but i dont know something just makes me still say there both as good butttttt i dont know loool anyone else feeling like this?

Guest crazy8legs
I don't compare I just appreciate!!! :thumbup:

yeah!! thats how i feel. they are two amazing players who take it to the next level through teamwork. they compliment each other perfectly

I have always been a Datsyuk fan more than Z. I love the puck handling, and the take aways. But Z is great as well. I know they play well on different lines, but I believe they feed off each other and play exceptionally well together. I no longer have a preference between the two. I am just appreciative of them both be Redwing players. Cause if they weren't, it would suck ass playing against them.

Like i've said a lot lately, i pretty much view these two as equals. Even though their actual games differ, i view them as basically bringing the same overall value to the table.

If i had to say one has been better than the other this season, it has to be Pav. Outside of the first month or so when Z was shot out of a cannon, i think that Pav has been the best forward on the team.

The way his overall game has grown since his rookie season has been phenominal. And right now he's easily playing the best hockey that we've ever seen from him. We've always seen the pure talent that was there, but now we're seeing a player who is taking advantage of it and wanting to be the man who grabs the bull by the horns.

With that being said, Hank is right there too. But i would have to give Pav the edge right now if i was forced to.

We are very, very fortunate to have these two here right now.

Both of them are absolutely unbelievable talents. Can't wait to see the rest of their careers in the Red and White. Pav has become an unstoppable two-way player, whereas Hank was always a two way player but is now coming on more offensively. You also have to take into consideration that Hank missed time due to injury this year and I think may even have a better Pt/Game productive than Pav. But you can't argue with the takeaways and the +/-. If the league voted MVP more on the overall two-way mastery of the game, I honestly think Pav or Nick should win Hart, but its hard to stiff AO this year, especially since that prick Crosby has already won it.

Final Verdict: Thank god I don't have to choose. Pav and Hank are the most dynamic 1-2 punch in the league. BAR NONE

I think that we are very fortunate not to have a clash of egos between dats and z. I do not get the impression that there is some prissy infighting there, no resentment, as in Federov hated being eclipsed by Stevie.

We should have an "Anders Ericsson vs. Maxim Kuznetzov: the classic battle". or not.... :scared:

Edited by zombiewing

I think that we are very fortunate not to have a clash of egos between dats and z. I do not get the impression that there is some prissy infighting there, no resentment, as in Federov hated being eclipsed by Stevie.

We should have an "Anders Ericsson vs. Maxim Kuznetzov: the classic battle". or not.... :scared:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk is the EXACT OPPOSiTE of Kobe-Shaq, nuff said.

Guest LivingtheDream
I don't compare I just appreciate!!! :thumbup:

Absolutely! Comparing has it's place when you want to talk about their styles, but other than that it is besides the point with the point being that having BOTH is unbelievable. Have them together on the same line is a real treat for us and a nightmare for other teams (that is until Ogood lets in a few softies and wipes out their efforts).

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Absolutely! Comparing has it's place when you want to talk about their styles, but other than that it is besides the point with the point being that having BOTH is unbelievable. Have them together on the same line is a real treat for us and a nightmare for other teams (that is until Ogood lets in a few softies and wipes out their efforts).

From the beginning of the season I pegged Datsyuk to lead this team offensively, again. I based that upon Z's penchant for missing games at some point. Which he eventually did.

Defensively I think Datsyuk is only just now starting to get some credit. I think alot of that has to do with posters here pointing out, repeatedly, his +/-, his takeaways and his dogged backchecking.

I think where people give Zetterberg more credit is that Z gets more PK time and that you'd be hard pressed to find another star player who works as hard on the defensive game. Whereas Datsyuk does everything almost effortlessly, including how he plays defense.

The knock he gets about PK time bothers me because I don't think its fair.

For example, just because Datsyuk doesn't get the most PK minutes it doesn't mean he isn't the best or one of the best defenders. The amount of your PK time does not necessarily equate to your pecking order in the hierarchy of defensive stalwarts.

When you look at the fact that the Wings have more solid PKers than any team in the league:

Maltby

Draper

Filpulla

Clearly

Franzen

Drake

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

In my opinion it isn't necessary to throw Datsyuk out there all the time, wearing him down on the PK when you have so many excellent PKers that you don't rely on to bring you the bulk of your offense. That's why i've never bought the argument against him due to his PK time. It's simply not necessary to have him out there all the time. Even though he could PK as much as anyone, why bother since others can do that, saving Dats for his offensive prowess.

Of course the same argument could be said for Z yet Z still gets more PK time. I just don't think its a reflection of who is best defensively rather its a reflection of how deep we are.

PS: I think Datsyuk is better. In the sense that i'd rate Dats a 100 and Z a 98. Why? Because I think Datsyuk is better at making everyone around him better and I think Datsyuk can make more things happen on his own than Z can.

Just watch them attack defenses on their own. Datsyuk almost never loses the puck. He attacks, stickhandles through 2 or 3 dmen and seemingly always finds an open teammate. Alot of times when Zetterberg attacks on his own he ends up losing the puck.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

It's like comparing two types of apples. Both are good, both have their upsides, but in the end they are both apples. With Pasha and Henrik, you have two wonderful players, whose games have been improving every year. Henrik gets the headlines, but Pasha flies under the radar. Henrik is more outgoing with the press, while Pasha is quiet and shy. Henrik is the flash and style, while Pasha is the flash and finesse. Both of them are invaluable, and we miss them when they're not in the lineup. Thankfully, Pasha has managed to stay healthy all season long, and it's shown in his numbers. Third in the league in scoring (notice right now the top 3 scorers are all Russian - when is the last time that happened?), second in assists, and top of the heap in both plus-minus and takeaways. Amazing. And yes, he does go out on the penalty kill...in fact, I've even seen him on 5-on-3 kills, and he's kept his end of the trio well. Yes, he doesn't get as much PK time, but look at the people we can put out on a PK - Malts, Draper, Dallas, Johan...he doesn't really need to be out a lot on the PK. And yet he does well.

It's like someone said, you don't compare them. You love and appreciate what both of them can do every night.

I remember a few years back people were saying that Hank was way ahead of Pavel defensively, but I don't think that's true anymore.

The biggest advantage to me is in durability, and right now Pavel has been a lot healthier than Hank at this point in his career. I'd probably choose him just for that reason, since everything else is about equal.

I remember a few years back people were saying that Hank was way ahead of Pavel defensively, but I don't think that's true anymore.

The biggest advantage to me is in durability, and right now Pavel has been a lot healthier than Hank at this point in his career. I'd probably choose him just for that reason, since everything else is about equal.

my unquantified observation: Datsyuk's agility gives him the ability to avoid many direct body checks-much like Federov in his earlier years-so he avoids some wear and tear.

Checking Datsyuk is like trying to give a cat a bath.

my unquantified observation: Datsyuk's agility gives him the ability to avoid many direct body checks-much like Federov in his earlier years-so he avoids some wear and tear.

Checking Datsyuk is like trying to give a cat a bath.

GREAT LINE!!!

I think what makes them great is that they have very similar skill sets. Z is a very good stickhandler, Dats is an unreal stickhandler, Dats is a very good defensive player, Z is a great defensive player, both have great wristshots, and pretty quick releases (I would give Dats the slight upper hand here).

Yet they have slight differences that make it great to put them on the same line, Dats is an unbelievable passer, Z has a fantastic one timer, Great combo.

Both are very good on the PK, I think the reason Z gets more time is that Dats is a better playmaker/setup man. So on the shift after the PK Babcock can send Dats out with almost anyone and as long as they don't have hands of stone they stand a chance to get a decent shot off.

I don't think the move is based on one being that much greater than the other on the PK, I just think it is a way to possibly steal some momentum after a PK, then have Dats create some offense.

I have never really compared them before I think they are great compliments for each other and are both great players. I hope that as they go through their prime they could be the next Stevie and Shanny. Only they will have played together longer and will hopefully have better chemistry!!

I think currently Datsyuk is a more complete 2 way player. He can score, set up and defend (not physically, but with skill). Zetta is more of a scorer, but in the next 2 years its impossible to say who is better. They are probably equally good...

I prefer Datsyuk for one reason- he's signed for the rest of his prime.

Zetterberg, I don't know why, but it seems likely that he could leave to a different team. This, only because he is reluctant to talk to press about the rest of his career.

I'll take Datsyuk.. he's the guy I'd much rather have the puck and he's the guy who is more likely to strip someone in the neutral zone and turn the play back upwards. When Datsyuk is on the ice the play is never in our end. Zetterberg is great as well but I notice that he takes a lot more high risk opportunities on offense and loses the puck much more than Datsyuk does

My view. I have said all year Dats brings more to the table then Z. I got lynched earlier in the year for saying that. People wanted my head. I am glad people can look outside just the goal stat. Datsyuk is a maltitude of elements on the ice. He is a playmaker, a great puck handler, of the greatest set-up/playmakers, a brilliant defensive mind, can be physicaly occasionally and has good leadership potential. I believe Datsyuk to be the corner stone of the team in the future. Anyone who plays with him benefits. Which drives me crazy when people say he should not get consideration for the Hart. I get that AO because he broke the 60 goal mark. I get Malkin because he actually is pretty similar to Dats but I still think Dats has the edge. I get Lids. Guys, these are the typical answers. Hear me out on this. AO is amazing, no doubt but most VALUABLE in the league I am not so sure. Malkin probably gets the nod a bit more to me, and Datsyuk did the same things Malkin did this year. Most Valuable Player is more the just goals and points. Dats is that package. He has gone I think somewhere around 180ish games in a row. He has elevated his team during injuries. Provides leadership and sticks up for his team mates. Malkin gets more attention then him because of the story that follows Crosby. I do not know one goalie that should get the hart over Datsyuk, Malkin or AO. To me these three are the front runners. If the Caps are out I will pull for Dats for the Hart... I won't be upset if it is Malkin...

Z is an excellent player but when considering the whole ice, Dats has a slight edge. Really to me the Z and Dats is the same as the Crosby and Melkin with out the media hype. Maybe we can make a fake Birth certificate and say that one of the two is from Canada...

It truly is crazy how many side with Dats now, seriously I want to find the thread I got manhandled in for saying this. It is amazing how the point total can change views...