• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LKietz

Goal Question

Rate this topic

If the goal went in under 1.0 left to play they will just call it a goal at the 20:00 minute mark.

Sorry to ruin your username, but he says Fort Street...just saying.

Umm Datsyuk is a beast. I wish I could have seen that game. I would have been spazzing out.

Edited by wingnut40

You know, the more I read about these posts, the more I wonder if this could be one of those stats that is dependent on the scorekeeper.

Example: We all remember that devistating hit Clearly put on Fanooof in the playoffs last year. The official scorekeeper didn't rule it a hit.

So maybe, just maybe, it's up to the scorekeeper to decide whether or not to round the time up or down?

you can get the highlights of the detroit-chicago game people have been talking about on nhl.com with the highlight machine. dec 23 2005. and just for the record it was draper at 19:21, lidstrom at 19:53, and datsyuk at 4:59 of OT. it's great because they have the fsnd feed on the highlights, so it's great to hear ken daniels absolutely flipping out when lidstrom scores the tying goal. i'd like to see a more compete replay because after lidstrom's goal, khabibulin seems to be complaining that the puck was kicked in. i'm not sure how it could have been since it was a long-distance shot that scored. maybe he thought it was deflected or something. maybe he was just so stunned that he got scored on twice in the last thirty nine seconds of the game that surely there had to be SOME reason (other than him just getting owned) that the puck went in.

You know, the more I read about these posts, the more I wonder if this could be one of those stats that is dependent on the scorekeeper.

Example: We all remember that devistating hit Clearly put on Fanooof in the playoffs last year. The official scorekeeper didn't rule it a hit.

So maybe, just maybe, it's up to the scorekeeper to decide whether or not to round the time up or down?

I don't think so, and the Detroit/Chicago game from 12/23/05 confirms this. Dats scored with literally less than 0.1 seconds left in OT, and the goal was recorded at 4:59. You can't score at the 20:00 minute mark or the 5:00 mark of OT.