NSHStandings.jpgScorenumber0.jpg

WingsStandingsA.jpgScorenumberbh.gif

Final.jpg

ThreeStars.jpg

GameSummary.jpg

SeasonSeries-1.jpg

GameNotesHeader.gif

Attendance: 20,066
Birthday ceremony for Gordie Howe! His 80th brithday is officially tomorrow.
DETROIT (AP) -Johan Franzen celebrated Gordie Howe's birthday by breaking one of the Hall of Famer's records.

Franzen scored with 1:39 left in overtime to give the NHL-leading Detroit Red Wings a 1-0 win over the Nashville Predators on Sunday. It was Franzen's sixth game-winner of the month, passing the previous franchise record held by Howe and Henrik Zetterberg.

Game Recap

NextGame.jpg
Edited by 96Homer

id love to see the Wings play strong with Hasek back now. im very happy he is back.

the Preds are in fact fighting for their playoff lives, and they are the team id prefer to face in the 1st round, so how about an OTL for the Preds?

Nashville needs to win. We want to win. Will we rise to the occasion? That remains to be seen.

(Preds): Tootoo Bonk, Arnott Tootoo Bonk

(Wings): That is the question.

Go Wings!

Go Dom!

i just feel like i might be getting disappointed this afternoon. the Preds have a lot more to play for: their playoff hopes. with four games left i think the Wings would have to lose 3/4 and the Sharks win 3/4 to jump us in the standings... that race is in our favor.

I just hate it that the Detroit feed is going to be blacked out for me. I have to listen to Bubba1 and Bubba2.

Don't get me wrong, I love living in the south. I just hate those 2 guys. :D

Crisp hits the bottle too much during the game. They are partially to blame for the hockey ignorance that is in abundance at the Sommet Center :)

id love to see the Wings play strong with Hasek back now. im very happy he is back.

the Preds are in fact fighting for their playoff lives, and they are the team id prefer to face in the 1st round, so how about an OTL for the Preds?

Ellis is on a 2 game shutout streak....

Ellis is on a 2 game shutout streak....

well, that is certainly news to me!

Ellis was hot the last time we faced the Preds, and the season series is tied too? im not exactly beginning to think that if these two teams meet in the 1st round it'll be a sweep for the Red Wings.

well, that is certainly news to me!

Ellis was hot the last time we faced the Preds, and the season series is tied too? im not exactly beginning to think that if these two teams meet in the 1st round it'll be a sweep for the Red Wings.

Wings would win the series, but I agree it wouldn't be a sweep.

It doesn't make any sense to me that Hartigan is playing, while McCarty is not. Mark Hartigan will NOT be in the post-season line-up. He just won't be. And Darren McCarty, a guy that is supposed to be auditioning for a spot, gets benched. It's puzzling, really.

It doesn't make any sense to me that Hartigan is playing, while McCarty is not. Mark Hartigan will NOT be in the post-season line-up. He just won't be. And Darren McCarty, a guy that is supposed to be auditioning for a spot, gets benched. It's puzzling, really.

maybe it's because Hartigan is a center? i have no idea. couldn't Drake play center if he needed to?

Babcock is making some idiotic decisions these last 2 games with the players he's dressing. I don't see why Mac can't be allowed to finish the regular season to try to get his legs back.

Is there some NHL rule against dressing 2 tough guys in one game, or is this just a Red Wings "team toughness" crap policy?

Is Mac going to be on the playoff roster?? How is he supposed to prove himself in these last few games if he doesn't get to play!?

Don't get me wrong I love Mac and I'm pulling for him hard core, but I don't think he's going to make the squad in the playoffs. Mac should have played every shift like it was his last one but he didn't have his legs and he got winded early. I'm with you though, he deserves his fair chance and heres to hoping he can get'r goin!!!

Wings 2 Franz, Pav

Preds 4 Radulov2, Arnott, Tootoo(empty)

Got a bad feeling about this one. I don't think we match there intensity today, but man do I hope I'm wrong.

Pure speculation here, but maybe they're letting Mac get a bit more in shape, what with his ribs and all.

I hope to see him back soon. In the mean time, we'll just have to keep plugging away.