• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukownzU13

Sign Abdelkader (now please)

Rate this topic

he looked great tonight, but he wont be handed a spot over hudler....hes gonna have to work hard to stay in the lineup

agreed.

even hudler looked like he was trying and getting chances tonight. but his goal droughts this season have been horrible.

Guest Crymson
Looked like he blew a knee... Could barely walk down the tunnel under his own power with trainer in hot pursuit. Never returned.

MCL sprain, probably. Blowing out a knee is much worse. He wouldn't be skating on it.

He would be signed to a rookie contract of no more than 3 years at the league minimum. where'd you get the long expensive contract from?

Ok, it was a bit of an exaggeration :ranting: Thankfully hckypete96 shares a similar view to me...

are we seriously going to put an unproven college kid in the playoffs? I mean, I liked what I saw, but I def think he needs more work in the minors. Are our Griffins forwards THAT bad that we would pull a kid out of college and sign him on the spot, then let him play as a regular in the playoffs?
I've only seen him in a single game and he looked great.. but I would really like to see a bit more of him. I'm sure that if we don't sign him, another team will steal him though :( Edited by Nero

He brings those playoff intangibles that 90% of our team doesnt have

You lost me here. Lidstrom- 3x Cups and a Conn Smyth. Rafs has 3x Cups. Chelios has 2. McCarty has 3. Drapes and Malts have 3 each. Hasek and Ozzie have both won one, and Oz backed up another.

But a dude who has played ONE NHL REGULAR SEASON game has "playoff intangibles"? Getting a little ahead of yourself, maybe?

are we seriously going to put an unproven college kid in the playoffs? I mean, I liked what I saw, but I def think he needs more work in the minors. Are our Griffins forwards THAT bad that we would pull a kid out of college and sign him on the spot, then let him play as a regular in the playoffs?

Do they have much choice now that Kopecky is out for up to 6 months ??

Yeah kopay out 6 months, so we need someone to step up. Id really like them to sign Abdelkader now so we have him for playoffs. Maybe its just me, but didnt anyone else see alot of Rod Brind'Amour in Justin last night? I've noticed it watching alot of hte state games too, but man he is a solid contributor. Hes good defensive forward with a scoring touch. He can hit with the best of them and a good sized body out there. Reminds me of a young Rod Brind'Amour, but they are both Spartans so maybe thats where they learn it! Sign him!

I don't get it... are we actually allowed to sign this Abdelkader guy and have him in the playoffs? I thought that the rosters were set after the trade deadline and we couldn't sign anyone else.

I don't get it... are we actually allowed to sign this Abdelkader guy and have him in the playoffs? I thought that the rosters were set after the trade deadline and we couldn't sign anyone else.

Just another rule appendix. Amatuers are allowed to sign up until the last business day of the season supposedly to allow youth a chance to get experience. With the way the roster restrictions goes away, it is just a way to allow both the NHL and AHL more depth throughout the playoffs.

Vets need not apply.

I'm just speaking from my head here.. but by signing the pro-tryout contract, he forfeited his rights to participate in college hockey. So if he doesn't find a deal with Detroit, he'll probably be poking his head in come free agent season...

He looked great and now we need him. Funny things happen sometimes on the way to the Cup. He may be a piece of the puzzle when all is said and done. Who would have thought that last week. Not I. A little youthful excitement might help.

My thoughts exactly, he plays like you expect a young hungry kid to play.

The team officially signed forward Justin Abdelkader to a three-year entry level contract this afternoon and the former Michigan State star will be with the Wings throughout the playoffs. Abdelkader had an impressive NHL debut on Thursday.

"Now it's up to Mike (coach Babcock) to decide if he wants to use him,'' Holland said.

Abdelkader signed to a three-year entry-level contract

My feeling is that we will see him on the roster next season if he plays solid in the playoffs.

Edited by WhiteLightning91

He played close to 12 minutes in his debut game, and I was really impressed with his skating for a big guy. With Kopecky being injured, I'd say now is the time for him to step up and get a chance...

Guest Leary Biscuit
He grew up a Wings fan, so he must have quite a bit of heart. His favorite player is Stevie Y.

If I were him i'd be playing out of my mind to make the roster.

i'm gonna call it right now, if he plays in the playoffs he's gonna score a huge OT winner or GWG.