RedLightGoesOn

1st Round Opponent: Flames or Predators

Rate this topic

Score out of Edmonton,

EDM 2 VAN 1.

Van is eliminated.

Wings vs. Preds

GOOOOO WIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS

EDIT: Forgot that Calgary is also a possibility... god im stupid.

Edited by RedLightGoesOn

Alot of Preds fans here would actually prefer to play Detroit over San Jose. Not because they think they can beat us, its just their sick of losing to San Jose.

i personally prefer calgary. they'd definitly be the harder team, but I think it may help us set a tempo for the second and third round. can't fear any team in these playoffs if we really believe were gana win the cup, because were gana have to go through the best in the end anyway.

oh and I also personally prefer calgary so I don't have to go out and see the games on TSN (if they even play it). CBC :)

Edited by revnic

Possibilities:

- Nashville wins last game, Calgary wins last game: Detroit vs. Nashville

- Nashville wins last game, Calgary loses last game: Detroit vs. Calgary

- Nashville loses last game, Calgary loses last game: Detroit vs. Nashville

- Nashville loses last game, Calgary wins last game: Detroit vs. Nashville

Guest CaliWingsNut
Possibilities:

One of those things just doesn't belong here!...

Possibilities:

Also,

- if Nashville gets 1 point and Calgary loses. We play Nashville.

- If Nashville wins and Calgary gets 1 point. We play Calgary.

- If both teams get one point. Nashville.

I doubt either of those teams want to play San Jose.

Nashville plays Chicago today after playing last night.

Flames play Vancouver on saturday.

So, if Nashville only gets 1 point or less. We will know today. Otherwise, a win would take us to Saturday.

Edited by jim3033

Guest DetroitBoy313

Why do I get the feeling it's going to be Calgary? It is going to be Calgary,watch.

If anyone would rather see the Wings play Calgary, then they ought to have their head examined.

They're a lot more physical than Nashville, with a tougher road environment, more travel, and a better goalie.

Let San Jose play Calgary, since that would be a tougher test for them.

If anyone would rather see the Wings play Calgary, then they ought to have their head examined.

They're a lot more physical than Nashville, with a tougher road environment, more travel, and a better goalie.

Agreed....SJ playing Nashville would likely be a sweep, while Calgary has the potential to give SJ headaches....especially with Kippur in net.

I never like to pick my poison but lets just say if I had to pick between Calgary and Nashville, I'd choose whichever team required less travel, didn't have as good of a goaltender and doesn't have as much balance.......whichever team that may be. :P

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Hey Wings friends!

I'm really hoping the Preds can lose tonight in Chicago so that we can play the wings in the first round. There will be a barbecue in Nashville, everyone else from around the league is invited to come and eat your crow.

Haven't been posting around here much this season, and I don't guess i'll be around much in the playoffs either, I really do enjoy chatting with the majority around here, but the few bad apples just add too much stress that I haven't needed to deal with this season on top of what went on last summer.

I'd wish the Wings good luck as usual... but not against my Preds.

can't wait to get this series going next week!!!

Hey Wings friends!

I'm really hoping the Preds can lose tonight in Chicago so that we can play the wings in the first round. There will be a barbecue in Nashville, everyone else from around the league is invited to come and eat your crow.

Haven't been posting around here much this season, and I don't guess i'll be around much in the playoffs either, I really do enjoy chatting with the majority around here, but the few bad apples just add too much stress that I haven't needed to deal with this season on top of what went on last summer.

I'd wish the Wings good luck as usual... but not against my Preds.

can't wait to get this series going next week!!!

I'm guessing Preds fans aren't too thrilled about another chance of facing San Jose.

I would rather see Nashville simply because of the travel factor. The less travel (and late night games) the better for the Wings as well as my productivity and sanity.

That would basically be my logic too. If my wife doesn't have to be concerned with me yelling at the T.V. around midnight, she'll be happy. I also would like to see the Wings-Predlies rivalry get jacked up a notch. It happens in the playoffs, not by playing a team a bajillion times in the regular season. I've got to hand it to the Preds and their coaches. Management basically gutted the team but they still found a way to be on the verge of the playoffs.

Agreed. Plus I'd love to see a Flames/Sharks series.