• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hulldatzet

Pres. Trophy Presentation?

Rate this topic

Well i was at the game last night and holy crap, what an awesome finish to see. I live in GR so i only get down to see a game like once a year (that and im poor) but it was great. I never really paid attention to how teams get the pres trophy presented to them. I was hoping after that awesome victory they might present it to them right then after the game, which they didnt of course.

So is there a presentation of the pres. trophy or is it something that they just send to the team or what?

If memory serves...in the past when the Wings had wrapped it up prior to the last day of the season the was an on-ice presentation before a regular season game. They will probably present it in a brief ceremony prior to Sunday's game.

Seeing as I have tickets for Sunday.... That would certainly work for me!!!! :)

Seeing as the game is on national TV, that probably won't hurt the chances of them doing it then either!

Edited by Gizmo

Seeing as I have tickets for Sunday.... That would certainly work for me!!!! :)

Seeing as the game is on national TV, that probably won't hurt the chances of them doing it then either!

I'll be shocked if anyone on the team actually touches it, as that Trophy is more a curse than an accomplishment.

If memory serves...in the past when the Wings had wrapped it up prior to the last day of the season the was an on-ice presentation before a regular season game. They will probably present it in a brief ceremony prior to Sunday's game.

that makes sense, i guess that cant carry it around to games waiting for someone to clinch in case two different teams could clinch the same night then they would be screwed. would have just been a sweet ending to that game cause everyone was already going crazy from the 2 quick goals.

I'll be shocked if anyone on the team actually touches it, as that Trophy is more a curse than an accomplishment.

True, I thought that would be a good "silver lining" if they blew it this week!!!

Stevie touched it in 2002. That worked out pretty well, I'd say. I can remember the announcers making a big deal about it and being shocked.

Stevie touched it in 2002. That worked out pretty well, I'd say. I can remember the announcers making a big deal about it and being shocked.

I could be wrong, but I thought that was the Campbell Trophy that they made a big deal that Stevie carried into the locker room.

Edited by thecaptin19

He had previously held it over his head, "Stanley Cup-Style". Was 1995.

About a month later got swept by Jersey in the finals. Stevens laughed, Stevie never held that trophy over his head anymore.

Hey - it was a learning curve for all of us.

aloha

Sammy will probably touch it, and then say "Whoops. I'm sorry"

Then we'll get swept in the 1st round of the playoffs. :D

He had previously held it over his head, "Stanley Cup-Style". Was 1995.

About a month later got swept by Jersey in the finals. Stevens laughed, Stevie never held that trophy over his head anymore.

Hey - it was a learning curve for all of us.

aloha

Yeah, I was going to mention that. In recent years Stevie grabbed it and skated with it off the ice but did not celebrate with it. It means a lot less if they can't bring home Stanley.