• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kylee

can the Predators upet the Red Wings?

Rate this topic

hey folks, now i know that it's still not set in stone that the Red Wings are playing the Predators in the 1st round, but it's most likely.

and id like to ask a few things to everyone on the board here, and please, for my sake at the very least, be as unbiased as you possibly can.

do you think that the Predators have any chance of upsetting Detroit and stealing a series?

i really do not think so myself, but i also didn't think so in 06 when the Oil trounced us.

good tendencies of the Nashville team:

+young defense

+solid goaltending

+cinderella story

bad tendencies of the Nashville team:

-suspect offense?

-unexperienced goaltending, maybe the entire team overall

-has never won a playoff series

to be totally honest though im a bit scared even with all of this considered because of the Oilers upset a few years ago, i understand we are much different, but if Hasek can't hold it together, Nashville may be able to do some real damage.

and please, none of this "any team can beat any team" rhetoric, i understand this of course. its just a bit dry and redundant

your thoughts?

Guest Hank=FutureCaptain

I would normally say there is a chance anything could happen. But in this case...no.

If we do end up facing the preds, the only question in my mind is will it be a sweep, or will we win in 5?

I'll say Wings in 5. But I really think we'll sweep em.

Any team can beat any team.

This. It may be dry and redundant, but it's true. And as Red Wings fans we know it all too well. It's really upsetting to even think of a first round upset at this point, but it's definitely a possibility. I don't think it will happen, but after that Edmonton series in '06 I'll never underestimate a team in the first round again.

there's always possibility a lower seeded team upends the higher seeded one.

is it possible with Nashville? yes, it is. is it likely? don't thinks so. Ellis alone

will not suffice to stop the Wings. they're too deep and to hungry this year

No. Jesus doesn't love The Predators and won't allow it to happen. Seriously though, I don't think they will. Franzenstein has been playing great and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon. And with them winning The Pres. Trophy, they'll want to prove that the can be the best in the regular and post season. They're to hungry to not win The Cup.

i agree, anything is possible, but i'd say the chances are pretty slim ... nashville has always seemed like a team that can't keep its composure, makes stupid mistakes and takes dumb penalties when the pressure is on, and i see that again this year ...

just out of curiosity, do they have anyone on their team other than gelinas who has had any playoff success?

Anyone can beat anyone, I am more worried about Tootoo purposely injuring someone essential to our run like Pavel.

Just another team that has a history of playing us harder then anyone else and playing even dirtier then that.

If they do take out someone, I want to hear no complaining from you folks who were rooting for them to be our opponent.

I don't think it will happen. There is always a little bit of fear though.

As long as the scoring shows up (Five 20+ goal scorers) then we will take the series.

I'm confident in the D. Also if Hasek is shakey early on then I think Osgood is capable of saving the series.

I think Nashville is a young and very talented team. I think more importantly Trotz has something to prove here this post season. The man has not been successful in the post season yet with a few tries. I think this is his last year to do it or he will be canned, actually, did he sign a new deal. I remember that for some reason.

I think thier is a couple things with this team. Dan friggin' Ellis. Hot, hot, hot. First time in the playoff's. Cam Ward or Fluery. Hopefully a Fluery but he has the right juice to pull a ward.

They are fast, frisky, and gritty. Never any real fancy goals come from them but the can pound away until something gets in.

I don't believe in Cinderella stories in the NHL because half the friggin' league makes it in to play. So I don't buy that, but they had to fight to get in and did not know till the last minute which gives them energy because they are amp'd.

They have never beaten the wings in a series or won a series at all. Laws of probability say it will eventually happen.

I hope not but the wings lacksadasical (spelling) scares me, I do think they have a possibilty. Hopefully everyone is right and the wings are looking like they due because there is nothing to win for, but I am not so sure.

PS!!!!! Where is Detroit Ian at???? At the beginning of the season we had a huge arguement about wether the Preds could make it or not and he was pretty insulting when explaining that the preds suck and will never make it this season. I just would like to serve him his hot plate of crow.... :lol:

I'm not gonna worry yet - there's no point. If Detroit can't beat Nashville I don't want to suffer the letdown and therefore I'm not going to get excited. Doesn't mean I'm not going to take the Preds seriously, it's more of a reaction towards Detroit's previous years.

Nashville has playoff experience : losing.

Had this been last years Preds I would be nervous. But Vokoun is gone, Forsberg is gone, Kariya is gone. Whew. Their goaltender may be on a "hot" streak right now but that doesnt make up for being that damn good to win a cup or not choking on the big stage.

I like what someone said earlier... sweep or win in 5? I'll say 5... let the preds steal one at their home.

Oh yes, my response.

Wings by a landslide. Sorry Preds, just not in the cards for you tihs year. But hey, at least you made it to the playoffs when nobody thought you would do anything and almost moved. That is something you can be happy about.

Anything is possible, but I think they'll win the series against the Preds. Their power play the first half the season was great but its lost a bit of great puck control that the Wings usually have when its working well. Cleary doesn't seem as intense as he was before the injury and they'll need Draper healthy. Goaltending, could go either way, both have had excellent games and also they had some stinkers. Does anybody think that they can sweep the series?

If Franzen keeps playing like he is, and Cleary gets to the level of play that he was at before his injury then the Wings would have two solid lines. I hope that Stuart is ready like Babcock said, but can't wait for the playoffs to finally start......go Wings go.