• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Round 1: Wings vs. Predators

Rate this topic

Anyone know the rest of the playoff dates?

So far:

Nashville Predators vs. Detroit Red Wings - Thursday, April 10th @ 7:30PM

Is this official everyone? I know the league has not scheduled the playoffs out and won't announce it until the season is officially done.

Here is to a hard fought series!

I just saw on the Joe Louis Arena sight that it is listing games on Weds and Friday.

Hmmm....

Edited by PredChef

Is this official everyone? I know the league has not scheduled the playoffs out and won't announce it until the season is officially done.

Here is to a hard fought series!

I just saw on the Joe Louis Arena sight that it is listing games on Weds and Friday.

Hmmm....

It's official that the Wings' first game is on Thursday. I don't know if they officially announced the time, btu that's the time every other weekday game vs. Nashville starts when in Detroit.

It's official that the Wings' first game is on Thursday. I don't know if they officially announced the time, btu that's the time every other weekday game vs. Nashville starts when in Detroit.

Cool and Thanks.

My girlfriend and I were trying to make sure since I have to get plane tickets. I would hate to buy them for Thursday and then the game ending up being on Wednesday.

My first trip to the Joe will be games 1 & 2 and we are looking forward to it, I just hope we don't get beer poured on us <_<

We are pretty excited to see a game there and with it being the playoffs it is that much better.

GAME ON!

hello folks, you were wondering when the preds fans would show up.. and here I am. I could scream "IM NOT A TROLL" all day and you wouldnt believe me so I will just have to let my posts do the talking. I am a regular poster on the Preds boards under the same name, so i am not just some noob getting on the boards at playoff time..

anyway, I wanted to give you my perspective on the upcoming series..

Wings should of course be heavy favorites, but we have played you guys close all year, so it shouldnt be a cake walk. Lots of Preds fans are just happy to be in the playoffs at all after all that happened this last year but there is also almost a feeling of destiny about this team so we'll see..

Several things will determine whether the preds make a competitive series out of it or not.

First and foremost is goaltending. Trotz has finally settled on Ellis as our starter.. the thing is, it appears he is either unbeatable or a complete seive, with no middle ground. In the last eight games he played he had 3 shutouts, and was pulled in the first period three times. :blink: If we consistently get the "good" Ellis, we will be in decent shape.

Second is discipline. We actually owned the Wings 5-on-5 this year. I forget the ridiculous number of PP goals you guys scored on us but needless to say if we make our usual playoff parade to the box, we're hosed. Our own PP is crap so we will have limited ability to recover from deficits if we give you guys PP chances early.

David Legwand still hasnt returned from a deep bone bruise to the foot. If he is back in time for the series, it will make our forecheck and our PK much more effective, plus make it harder to defend just one line of ours by making our second line more of ascoring threat.

lastly, all the Tootoo hate is a little outdated. He plays a much different game this season, actually being responsible and scoring a little, and most games only going for the big hit if the game situation calls for it. And whoever said he wont fight is just wrong. toots will fight anyone.. but of course he'd rather goad you into taking a penalty.. I know you dont like him, but if the Wings focus on him as much as the fans do, he will have done his job splendidly.

Here's to a good series, and good hockey talk rather than a trollfest.

Edited by voldemort82

Wings in 5.

One game will go to double overtime and Abdelkader will score his first NHL goal? ;)

I hope so... more hockey the better...seeing how some of us will be there... what better way then to spend the night at the JOE!!!!

Game 2 Tonight

Go Neuvirth Go

Go GENS Go

I believe we will take this in 6, I think it will be much like the calgary series last season. Nashville will put up a good fight but our offense will just overpower them and be too much for them to handle over the strecth of a series.

Why would Gary Bettman ever post on LGW?

That is funny :blink:

Although we as Preds fans do know that he continues to take a liking to Nashville and wants us to succeed as a franchise (first and foremost because it was he who granted the expansion and that will be his legacy) but there is no way it translates to help on the ice.

I see this comment alot on all hockey boards, especially the canadien team sites. I do find i comical every time. Every teams fans think they get a raw deal from officiating/calls etc and we all do. We definitely feel we get the short end of the stick as a whole when it comes to the breaks so to speak. We were lucky enough to get a few the last games of the season and I can see where that can translate to thinking we are the chosen son.

Heck, re-watch the last two years against SJ and the lack of favortism is freaking obvious.

Anyway, I know that is putting words in your mouth and that wasn't what I was after. I have been wanting to post about this for awhile.

GAME ON!

hello folks, you were wondering when the preds fans would show up.. and here I am. I could scream "IM NOT A TROLL" all day and you wouldnt believe me so I will just have to let my posts do the talking. I am a regular poster on the Preds boards under the same name, so i am not just some noob getting on the boards at playoff time..

anyway, I wanted to give you my perspective on the upcoming series..

Wings should of course be heavy favorites, but we have played you guys close all year, so it shouldnt be a cake walk. Lots of Preds fans are just happy to be in the playoffs at all after all that happened this last year but there is also almost a feeling of destiny about this team so we'll see..

Several things will determine whether the preds make a competitive series out of it or not.

First and foremost is goaltending. Trotz has finally settled on Ellis as our starter.. the thing is, it appears he is either unbeatable or a complete seive, with no middle ground. In the last eight games he played he had 3 shutouts, and was pulled in the first period three times. :blink: If we consistently get the "good" Ellis, we will be in decent shape.

Second is discipline. We actually owned the Wings 5-on-5 this year. I forget the ridiculous number of PP goals you guys scored on us but needless to say if we make our usual playoff parade to the box, we're hosed. Our own PP is crap so we will have limited ability to recover from deficits if we give you guys PP chances early.

David Legwand still hasnt returned from a deep bone bruise to the foot. If he is back in time for the series, it will make our forecheck and our PK much more effective, plus make it harder to defend just one line of ours by making our second line more of ascoring threat.

lastly, all the Tootoo hate is a little outdated. He plays a much different game this season, actually being responsible and scoring a little, and most games only going for the big hit if the game situation calls for it. And whoever said he wont fight is just wrong. toots will fight anyone.. but of course he'd rather goad you into taking a penalty.. I know you dont like him, but if the Wings focus on him as much as the fans do, he will have done his job splendidly.

Here's to a good series, and good hockey talk rather than a trollfest.

Legwand isnt back yet? I hope that remains the case. He could definitely give us fits. As for Tootoo, I could see him coming up with some big goals for Nashville. I'd like to see a good checking line go out against him. Gelinas will be a guy to look after as well.

As for the goaltending, I was really hoping it would be Mason. But then again, Mason has definitely had some stellar performance against Detroit, and hes also the one with the experience. On the other hand, I completely agree about Ellis. Its like theres no middle ground with this guy. But I could EASILY see him stealing games from the Red Wings while Hasek gets into one of his flop fests. I pray to god this doesnt become a goaltending war, because I see that going in Nashville's favor.

The more I think about this matchup, the more I think Red Wings fans should watch what they say. This team definitely has the potential to give us the first round boot.

Here's the schedule per M-Live minus the times yet to be announced:

Also, Babcock said they'll play games every other day in the first round. He said Game 2 on Saturday will be at night, not in the afternoon on NBC, as you might have thought. So here's the schedule:

Game 1 -- Thursday in Detroit

Game 2 -- Saturday in Detroit

Game 3 -- April 14 in Nashville

Game 4 -- April 16 in Nashville

x-Game 5 -- April 18 in Detroit

x-Game 6 -- April 20 in Nashville

x-Game 7 -- April 22 in Detroit

This is gonna be a very fun series. God I can't wait till Thursday! I must say this season went by faster then I ever remember. Wings know they gotta play their best to beat the Preds. Hopefully Hasek plays like the Dominator and please, NO INJURIES!

A message to Nashville fans that are going be posting here.

We are not carpetbaggers. So please do not call us that.

Thanks.

- The State of Michigan residents and all of Red Wings Nation.

Edited by Jwo

BRING IT ON, NASHVILLE!!!!

It makes me sick to see their stupid fans clapping and pointing their fingers to Rock n' Roll - Part 2 (which should never be played, you pedophile supporters) and chanting "Hey! You suck", when they score a goal or win a game.

This franchise simply should not exist. The Detroit Red Wings need to end their season and keep what little dignity the NHL has left thanks to the failed experiment that is the Sunbelt Expansion.

Guest hulugratu
I don't think that'll be the case, and if it somehow is there WILL be hell to pay. Downey, Drake or Mac *if he plays* will take care of the punk.

im stoked for the hits!!

Legwand isnt back yet? I hope that remains the case. He could definitely give us fits. As for Tootoo, I could see him coming up with some big goals for Nashville. I'd like to see a good checking line go out against him. Gelinas will be a guy to look after as well.

As for the goaltending, I was really hoping it would be Mason. But then again, Mason has definitely had some stellar performance against Detroit, and hes also the one with the experience. On the other hand, I completely agree about Ellis. Its like theres no middle ground with this guy. But I could EASILY see him stealing games from the Red Wings while Hasek gets into one of his flop fests. I pray to god this doesnt become a goaltending war, because I see that going in Nashville's favor.

The more I think about this matchup, the more I think Red Wings fans should watch what they say. This team definitely has the potential to give us the first round boot.

Wait a minute. In a goaltending war you are picking Ellis over Hasek/Osgood. You aren't serious are you?

I'm sufficiently terrified of the Preds at this point. They're basically the team I was hoping that we wouldn't play all along. I think the circumstances at this point are ripe for an upset... Preds in 6 is what keeps popping up in my mind

If you are afraid of the Preds, you must be afraid of the other 6 WC teams. Of the 7 other playoff teams, the Preds are easily the weakest.

1 & 2 would be Sharks and ducks

3 would be Stars

4-6 would be Avs, Wild and Flames

7 would be Preds

Who exactly AREN'T you afraid of? The Kings?

I'm sufficiently terrified of the Preds at this point. They're basically the team I was hoping that we wouldn't play all along. I think the circumstances at this point are ripe for an upset... Preds in 6 is what keeps popping up in my mind

I pray to God you're wrong. :unsure:

wow, many of you seem like they have completly lost confidence in Detroit. Sure Nashville is no easy task, but common, this is the easiest team to face that are in the playoffs. Wings are not gonna approach them nicely, Babs has already made sure that the Wings better be prepared, as everyteam is tough. I have full faith Wings will come out on top.

Wings in 5. They might steal one at home.

The silent killer that is Nick Lidstrom SHOULD prove to be too much for Nashville's young, so-so offense. Nashville doesn't have a Chris Pronger to match up with us, a la 2006. In a seven game series, there is no excuse for not winning this one. Offense, Defense, Special Teams, goaltending (even with the Ellis hot streak), and overall skill are all stacked up in our favor.

Just cross your fingers for everyone to stay healthy through this series, and I think we'll have a great series to watch as Wings fans.