• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Viperar

Washington Capitals vs Florida Panthers

Rate this topic

Oh I want Florida to win this one. Honestly because I am ready to hear the end of AO for this year. The media and all of his fan boys that just because he reached 60 they all the sudden love him.

Plus if they don't make it, it is a better chance we can retain Feds in the offseason.

Edited by IceMunkee

Oh I want Florida to win this one. Honestly because I am ready to hear the end of AO for this year. The media and all of his fan boys that just because he reached 60 they all the sudden love him.

we have 1

Plus if they don't make it, it is a better chance we can retain Feds in the offseason.

Well, at least it's not Crosby only. I am sick of hearing "Cindy scored 2 goals yesterday OMG".

As far as individual effort goes, he's been the best player in the NHL this year. What is wrong with recognizing and praising Ovechkin for his accomplishments?

Few players reach that mark, one is hardly a fan boy for recognizing that.

I am definitely rooting for the Caps to win this one. I like them much better than Carolina in the first place, but now that they have Feds on their team, I would like to see them make the playoffs even more. It didn't look like he was going to have a chance at the playoffs again with the Bluejackets, and now he might, and I just want that for him. Also, I absolutely love watching AO anytime I get the chance, so more games to watch him is just great.

Just a thought too about the comment that most Russian players disappear in the playoffs. I think the Russian 5 from '97 totally disproves this, as does the play of several other Russians that a previous poster named. Also, most Wings fan would agree, even if they don't care for Feds, that he played his best hockey in the playoffs, which is far from disappearing. He may have floated at times in the regular season (even I can admit that) but never in the playoffs.

One really ought to stayaway from overbroad ethnic stereotypes.

Did Vladdy not play with passion?

Did Pavel Bure not carry a good but not great Canucks team all the way to the finals in 1994?

Just how many Russian hockey greats do you know, to compare Ovechkin to? Have you ever seen Alexandr Ragulin, Boris Mikhailov, Valery Kharlamov, Vsevolod Bobrov, Veniamin Aleksandrov, Vyacheslav Starshinov, or Sergei Makarov in their primes?

What would you think if I write something like "Ovechkin has already shown that he has more passion than any North American to ever play the game"?

OV is a great player, let's enjoy watching him and not put down all the other great players of the past and present. OV would be the first one to tell you this.

That's just one of those stereotypes that a few guys really unfairly brought on to an entire country of players. Fedorov's been criticized for it, as has Kovalev and other Russians, so then broadcasters and analysts and fans just make the stretch that all Russians are skilled but lazy hockey players. And it doesn't help that most North Americans haven't seen those Russian greats that you mentioned.

I wish the division thing didn't exist... If the Caps got a point tonight, they'd probably play Pittsburgh.

In that scenario, in order for the Caps to meet the Pens, Montreal meeds to get one more point as well.

I want the Caps in. I love watching OV. Even if it's just for four more games, I want to see more of him.

Ovie has already hit two posts with slapshots...Anderson is playing his typical me against the world game for Florida. He has a 1.22 GAA and .950 sp in the last six for the Panthers. The Caps felt the adrenaline in the first, see if it continues. Two two-man-advantages killed by Florida but Washington had chances.

Actually if the division format wasn't in place, and the caps won today, they would be at least the 7th seed.

EDIT: Anyone have a link to a live game feed?

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/39461

I believe you have to have VLC media player as well as sopcast...

and Buffalo is 2-0 on Boston. and if both games end up like this Caps will play Sens.

and frankly, with the mess Ottawa is right now, Caps would stand a good chance

of reaching 2nd round.

anyway... it's still 20 long minutes