• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heinrich

The Avs sucker

Rate this topic

I love it, because it just fires Foppa up and thats the last thing you want to do because he responds with his stick, not with his fists.

My favorite memory of Floppa not responding with his fists?

Yzerman had just gathered the puck at the blueline, and Forsberg comes flying with an elbow from the blind side. Yzerman sees him at the last second and ducks his head, causing Forsberg to go flying by. Yzerman tries to go after the gutless turd, and Forsberg has to hide behind his teammates and the referees. From Steve Yzerman. This is a guy Avs fans claimed was some kind of dominant power forward, and he's running away from Steve Yzerman?

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I love it, because it just fires Foppa up and thats the last thing you want to do because he responds with his stick, not with his fists.

Trolling already?

Lappy used to be a stand up guy. He pretty much had an awful season in the class category. I used to stick up for him as a stand up guy but that was just dumb. Gloves on or not throwing some heavy rights at Gaborik? Chris Simon might as well start bombing Stastny and Wolski and we'll see how kosher you think it is.

Boogaard, Simon, Fedoruk..........don't worry if Boogy doesn't play. Lappy can't really hang with any of those 3, maybe Fedoruk but I doubt it. And if they don't get Lappy they'll just play *** for tat and drill Sakic maybe.

"Thats just bush league" :lol: I've only seen a couple games with those announcers, but I kinda like 'em.

As for Avalanche Warning.. or whatever your long ass name is...

cool, its been happening to Forsberg for 10 years. Does that make some enforcer right for going after a skilled (non-fighting) star player?

Hell no! If anyone see's this video and thinks Lappy is a complete coward and joke of a player for going after Gaborik it SHOULD be you! Especially after witnessing so many players do it to Forsberg. Reverse the situation and you'd be crying about how pathetic the player was for going after Foppa. GAURANTEED!

Trolling already?

Lappy used to be a stand up guy. He pretty much had an awful season in the class category. I used to stick up for him as a stand up guy but that was just dumb. Gloves on or not throwing some heavy rights at Gaborik? Chris Simon might as well start bombing Stastny and Wolski and we'll see how kosher you think it is.

Boogaard, Simon, Fedoruk..........don't worry if Boogy doesn't play. Lappy can't really hang with any of those 3, maybe Fedoruk but I doubt it. And if they don't get Lappy they'll just play *** for tat and drill Sakic maybe.

Yes, Jaques Lemaire is going to send Chris Simon and Derek Boogaard to attack the most respected player in the game. :rolleyes:

When are the Wild gunna get with the program and name Gaborik permanent Captain? It was so great to see the C on him, but this whole rotating captains has gone on long enough. Teams need a leader and Gaborik has been with the team the longest, is the best player, and plays his heart out every night. He should be captain, period.

Edited by redwinger4747

Guest micah

Though I don't care for the Avelanche, I love Lappy. I gotta say I don't fully understand how some people can call him

I predict he does not get pounded, but I bet he does draw at leat 4 minutes of stupid retalitory penalties from Simon/Boogaard/Fedoruk. I'm also thankful to have a reason to watch this series now. Parker/Simon would be a good battle of the washed-up toughguys who's careers were never as agood as promissed.

I still hope that punk winds up hospitalized just like Steve Moore.

LOL - yeah, and Lappy lacks class. :rolleyes:

Edited by micah

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Though I don't care for the Avelanche, I love Lappy. I gotta say I don't fully understand how some people can call him

I predict he does not get pounded, but I bet he does draw at leat 4 minutes of stupid retalitory penalties from Simon/Boogaard/Fedoruk. I'm also thankful to have a reason to watch this series now. Parker/Simon would be a good battle of the washed-up toughguys who's careers were never as agood as promissed.

It's actually been a bad year for him in the class department in so much as fighting goes. I don't remember the threads exactly but there were 2 early episodes. The first one was when people were defending Lappy in a fight with Jordin Tootoo because Lappy was trying to get Tootoo to fight and instead of manning up and squaring off Tootoo just hauled off and started swinging. So of course Lappy was defended. But lo and behold about a month later Lappy gets into a fight and pulls the same bulls***.

Many here are probably ticked because of what he did to Lidstrom. I'm not. I had no problem with the hit and to this day don't think it was an elbow. Sorry.

But trying to beat up on Gaborik. Please, that's classless.

and you defending a classless fighter that goes after a skilled non-fighter just has tons of class.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Yes, Jaques Lemaire is going to send Chris Simon and Derek Boogaard to attack the most respected player in the game. :rolleyes:

Way to miss the point troll.

I'll reiterate since you failed to grasp. The point is you won't be signing the same tune should one of the fighters on the Wild start teeing off on one of your skill guys. My guess is you'll be on your divealanche board crying like a little girl and calling for suspensions. Trolls are hypocritical by nature so I would expect nothing else from you.

Cheers troll!

Guest micah
and you defending a classless fighter that goes after a skilled non-fighter just has tons of class.

Hmm, what I said amounts to "I still like Ian Lapperierre, even though he gooned it up a bit".

What the other guy (was it you? I don't care enough to go back and look) amounted to "I hope that Lappy gets his neck broken".

Not being overly upset because Lappy hit someone with a few gloved punches and wishing a broken neck on another person are not in the same ballpark, friend. Had Lappy done anything that might actually have injurred Gabby, I'd care. This was just good fun goonery, and it might serve to make this otherwise boring series worthwhile.

I like good fun goonery for goonery's sake. I liked it when Probert ran goalies and sucker punched people. I do not, hopwever, want to see anyone get seriously injurred.

Edited by micah

Hmm, what I said amounts to "I still like Ian Lapperierre, even though he gooned it up a bit".

What the other guy (was it you? I don't care enough to go back and look) amounted to "I hope that Lappy gets his neck broken".

Not being overly upset because Lappy hit someone with a few gloved punches and wishing a broken neck on another person are not in the same ballpark, friend. Had Lappy done anything that might actually have injurred Gabby, I'd care. This was just good fun goonery, and it might serve to make this otherwise boring series worthwhile.

How dare you say anything decent or not inflammatory about lappy, did you see what he did to Lids!!!

OK, OK, sarcasm aside, the reason why people are up in arms about this is because he laid out a dirty (I say questionable) hit on Lids, now any time he does anything remotely goonish or Thugish the posters on here are going to come out calling for his head.

Just think about Pronger, he wasn't that hated around here until the Homer incident, then he became the Spawn himself. I mean sure most people on here didn't like him, or thought that his wife being the reason he bailed on EDM was low brow, but most didn't have the hatred they do now for him.

Most of us as wings fans have a habit of holding grudges against any act that leaves a clipped wing (pun intended) in any way shape or form.

I like good fun goonery for goonery's sake. I liked it when Probert ran goalies and sucker punched people. I do not, hopwever, want to see anyone get seriously injurred.

Fun goonery?

Probert never started a fight with Gretzky or Lemieux as far as I know. There's a difference when an enforcer bodychecks a star player, as opposed to an enforcer fighting a star player.

I can't wait till the Wild's enforcers start having some "fun goonery" with Lappy's ugly face. Then all the divealanche fans are going to be up in arms screaming murder.

Where are all the people now who defended Laperriere last time with the Lidstrom situation? "He's just a hard working player, not dirty at all" etc etc...yet here we are once again.

Fun goonery?

Probert never started a fight with Gretzky or Lemieux as far as I know. There's a difference when an enforcer bodychecks a star player, as opposed to an enforcer fighting a star player.

I can't wait till the Wild's enforcers start having some "fun goonery" with Lappy's ugly face. Then all the divealanche fans are going to be up in arms screaming murder.

Listen not to be picky here but did you (both of you not just GMR) just compare Lappy to Probert as well as Gaborik to Gretz and Super Mario?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

In all fairness, Gaborik had dropped his gloves, therefore he was up to the task, so the argument that Lappy was sucker punching or attacking Gaborik is a little far fetched. I will agree though that punching some one in the face with a glove on while the other player has dropped his is bush league!!!

Especially when it is a "non fighter"/"skill" player who has WILLINGLY dropped his mits.

Other than that I have no problem with what Lappy did.

I can't in good faith say that the enforcer rule should be dropped and that players need to protect/police themselves, and then say that punching a "Skill" player with a glove on is ok, but also, just because Gaborik isn't a skilled player that doesn't exclude him from having to answer the bell. We have no idea what was said or happened behind the play. Crosby has to deal with slashes and all kinds of other crap, how did he try to stop it, he got in a fight.

Now if the "Non Fighter" does answer the bell, he better be able to throw. If not DON"T DROP YOUR GLOVES! Go whine to your coach or enforcer and let them take care of it, but don't expect the "dirty" play to stop.

If you don't like guys taking liberties with you, stop them, or find a way to play with them doing it.

Guest micah

Gretzky. Lemieux. Gaborik. Which one doesn't belong?

I do remember Probert punching Peter Forsberg in the face. It was after he tried to lay a big check on Forsberg but Forsberg embarassed him by coming out of it looking better than Probie did. Probert cot embarrassed and slugged him, then Adam Foote came in and they had a relatively uneventful little scrap.

Probie wasn't an angel, and was not always exactly honorable on the ice. I still love him. I'll have to watch my tapes again, I don't remember who he was lined up against who he suckered with an elbow before the puck dropped, I'll have to see which goalie it was that he punched in the face (unprovoked) behind the play. The guy could play when he was young, and he could certainly fight, but he was a goon. We just love him because he was our goon.

Listen not to be picky here but did you (both of you not just GMR) just compare Lappy to Probert as well as Gaborik to Gretz and Super Mario?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

In all fairness, Gaborik had dropped his gloves, therefore he was up to the task, so the argument that Lappy was sucker punching or attacking Gaborik is a little far fetched. I will agree though that punching some one in the face with a glove on while the other player has dropped his is bush league!!!

Especially when it is a "non fighter"/"skill" player who has WILLINGLY dropped his mits.

Other than that I have no problem with what Lappy did.

I can't in good faith say that the enforcer rule should be dropped and that players need to protect/police themselves, and then say that punching a "Skill" player with a glove on is ok, but also, just because Gaborik isn't a skilled player that doesn't exclude him from having to answer the bell. We have no idea what was said or happened behind the play. Crosby has to deal with slashes and all kinds of other crap, how did he try to stop it, he got in a fight.

Now if the "Non Fighter" does answer the bell, he better be able to throw. If not DON"T DROP YOUR GLOVES! Go whine to your coach or enforcer and let them take care of it, but don't expect the "dirty" play to stop.

If you don't like guys taking liberties with you, stop them, or find a way to play with them doing it.

have you seen the video? gabby didn't want to fight at first but when you have cross checks going into your back you have to do something. why did lappy even go after gabby is the question. what if we had lappy going after dats like that?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Sorry is this Ice Hockey or is it tidily winks!!

If Dats is getting crossed checked in the back and doesn't want it to happen anymore than he should do something about it. Otherwise skate to the bench complain to the coach about it and then the coach or the enforcer has to find away to get him on the ice with said person. Then the enforcer finally meets him at center, they drop gloves and Z loses a breakaway. As opposed to Dats taking care of it himself. You know like Joe T used to do, granted he got a broken jaw out of the deal, but he took care of business himself!

Just because he is a skilled player doesn't mean parts of the game don't apply to him. It is the same argument I have against guys that do nothing but fight, just because they fight doesn't mean they should be excluded from scoring. Do I expect Dats to take on Heavyweights on a nightly basis. NO! But if he wants guys to stop hitting him, or to stop taking liberties with him, stop them.

OR deal with it, OR

take up pillow Hockey!!

Granted I don't want him breaking his hand in a fight, but I would rather he fight and break his hand then get checked in the back and mess his back up.

If Gabby didn't want to fight why then did his gloves end up on the ice, did they fall off?

How do you know he didn't want to fight? Did he tell you so, I am not sure about you but when I see a guy drop his gloves while standing on the ice jawing back and forth at some one that, to me, is a good indicator that he wants to go!

Was the cross check dirty, technically yes, but find a shift in the NHL where 2-3 of those don't happen. Everyone in the GDT was all pumped when Cheli was doing it to Kane, yet when Lappy did it to Gaborik it was dirty. Really that is interesting!

The only difference between Cheli/Kane and Gaborik/Lappy is that Gaborik wanted to stop what was happening and had the balls to turn and do something about it, he got punched in the face for his troubles.