• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
babygorilla

Your possible first round upsets?

Rate this topic

id say Ottawa downing Pittsburgh. but even though i dont know about that one...

id love to see calgary take out san jose, but i really dont see that happening unless Nabokov screws up the whole series.

I think Calgary is gonna upset San Jose. San Jose has its way of getting too ahead of themselves in the playoffs. I think Kippy can stand on his head against San Jose while Nabokov will find a way to play the puck and screw it up. After all they had their chances last year to put the Wings away. It seems like every year the Sharks shoot themselves in the foot.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST. DALLAS OVER ANAHEIM

Dallas matchs very well agaisnt anaheim..............

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH JK

Well there all possible. But as far as most likely, I'd pick Philly over Washington (again just an upset based on seeding). And this may suprise some people, but I like Dallas over Anaheim.

I like Philly, but thats really not an upset. As for a true blue upset, Im going with Boston. Yeah they got whooped on in the regular season, but the playoffs are whole new ballgame with lots of added pressure. I just see Montreal falling flat on their face as a top seed. Goaltending will need to be very strong for the B's, but i think they'll eek out some low scoring wins.

I'm hoping for a Calgary upset over San Jose. This whole town has gotten the cart way to in front of the horse. As far as they are concerned, they've already won the cup, they just have to wait for everybody to get knocked out.

And I gotta say, I'm hoping the Rangers go all the way to the finals (and of course loose to eh Wings). I like to watch Shanahan play hockey. I think it would be cool to watch a Wings / Rangers final.

I see all the higher seeds winning, with the exception of the Wild, which I wouldn't really consider an upset.

Why wouldn't that be an upset? I thought the Wild beat out the Avs for the Northwest Divsion title... wait yup, yes they did. I really do not get why everyone on here think that the Wild suck.

Anyways, my only upset in the first round is the Rangers over the Devils.

I like Philly, but thats really not an upset. As for a true blue upset, Im going with Boston. Yeah they got whooped on in the regular season, but the playoffs are whole new ballgame with lots of added pressure. I just see Montreal falling flat on their face as a top seed. Goaltending will need to be very strong for the B's, but i think they'll eek out some low scoring wins.

I'm, with you my friend, and as far as I know, we're pretty much the only people who feel this way.

Now, I expect that Montreal probably will win the series, but I'm just not buyin this "Boston doesn't have a chance stuff". Montreal has been overachieving all season, and that could end at any time. As much as I admire the way they've performed for the better part of this season, I think that they are about as beatable a #1 seed as your ever gonna find.

Now, if they end up getting through Boston in 4 or 5, I may change my tone. I can see them being a team that you might not want to face in the later rounds, cuz if they (and Carry Price) can get hot, then they might be a force to reckon with.

Although it's unfathomable to many, I can easily see Dallas taking out Anaheim in the first round. Against Anaheim this season, Dallas went 5-2-1, and all three losses were by one goal. I think it's really up to Turco, and I hope he can pull it off.

Can you really say Nashville over Detroit is an upset if so many people are calling it? From what I've been reading/hearing, it will be an upset if Detroit wins this series. So my possible first round upsets...

Detroit

Colorado

Philadelphia

New York

Edited by WhiteLightning91

I know it was said earlier in this thread, but I say Dallas in 6! Goals for Anaheim are very infrequent this year. Hopefully Turco can get his game face on and get on a roll.

Calgary over San Jose in 7. I think if Calgary doesn't beat them, they will at least wear them down a little.

Colorado over Minnesota likely. Philly over Caps maybe. And a possible Dallas over Anaheim. Anaheim is a dirty filthy team and if they get penalized accordingly, they will be in trouble. Their PK is 6th out of the Western playoff teams. But past experience tells me that they might not get penalized as much as they should.

Whoever thinks Ottawa upsets Pitts is on crack. Ottawa is missing Alfredsson AND Fisher...no way in hell they even put up a fight. Also, I don't think Calgary stands a chance either. However, I remember reading some stat about how theres been a 7 upsetting a 2 every year for the past 'x' years...i guess if I HAD to choose one of the two, I'd go with the SJ matchup.

I can see philly over washington (but its so close)

Colorado over Minnesota...although Minnesota is the most underrated top 4 seeded team.

the NY / NJ game doesn't count as an upset, but NYR should win.

I was rooting for a Dallas-Anaheim matchup all down the stretch, along with quite a few others. That season series is a good stat to look at. The Stars know they can win, and they've got the tools to do it. Mostly, though, I just really want the Ducks gone after one round.

1. Rangers. they are actually not an underdog here but occupy the 5th spot so are stripped of the home ice advantage. yet, they stand a great chance of beating Devils.

2. Philly. hate to admit that but as much as I admire the team that Caps have become, Phily stand a right chance of beating them

3. Dives. nevermind how they suck in regular season they seem to find the way to win in playoffs. I'm not sold on Floppa hype because he's not his old self but with a team pretty flat on talent he's still a significant help. and he knows what playoffs are about

4. Dallas. I know the hype surrounding *ucks, I know Marty Turco's been everyhing but playoff goalie, but... they still seem likely to win this to me

5. Flames. they match up well against Sharks. and Sharks seem to be the new reincarnation of Blues - they come in but never come :) it's not that Flames were a good team because they're extremely weak in scoring and have so-so defense with Phaneuf who in playoffs does by far not live up to the hype... then again... Sharks used to have everything in the past and still manage to blow it.

6. Predators. they're motivated and play without pressure. if they outwork us they stand a chance of winning this series. it's not likely to me but can happen

I really don't see Bruins nor Sens pulling an upset. especially Sens. they're such a mess right now...