• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Sellout: yes or no?

Rate this topic

Wow I really have t make the trip down, here in Edmonton the cheapest playoff ticket you'll ever find is between $90 and $120 and some people pay thousands for tickets, but good luck finding any, and parking is $12-$20.

Why not live here instead of just making a trip?

'cause then he couldn't go to any of the games :rolleyes: come on...think about it?!??! hehe j/king such a valid question you ask our out-of-towners

I think its time to slap that "Hockeytown" in the Excel Energy Center! Maybe even the Igloo. Pittsburgh sold out EVERY playoff ticket available in 11 minutes. Blame the poor economy all you want, but if you're trying to argue there isn't 20,000 people in Michigan who can cough up enough money for a ticket is absolute BS.

I think its time to slap that "Hockeytown" in the Excel Energy Center! Maybe even the Igloo. Pittsburgh sold out EVERY playoff ticket available in 11 minutes. Blame the poor economy all you want, but if you're trying to argue there isn't 20,000 people in Michigan who can cough up enough money for a ticket is absolute BS.

:lol: we have a burnt on building in the ghetto waiting for you to call it a home... come and try to survive here... I DARE YOU!

Surviving isn't enough.. you must also be able to purchase a few playoff tickets too

Edited by OsGOD

Michigan's Single State Recession | 10/18/06| <- still on that same course here in the present.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1723689/posts

Another one with a pretty graph that shows a lot of people not having money in Michigan but if you live outside of Michigan you are a wealthy person (wealthy as in Middle class)

http://www.stateline.org/live/details/story?contentId=197521

I also made this bucket that has videos for people like you who do not understand our area.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm217/AboutDetroit/

Edited by Jwo

Ignorant post. It's so much easier for you to say because YOU DON'T LIVE HERE.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Ignorant post. It's so much easier for you to say because YOU DON'T LIVE HERE.

touche

I keep saying why is Bono always over seas in those poor countries s***.... come on can't they afford to eat...i mean i am can go over there on my salary and buy some food???? /sarcasm

get real people here are bitching about not being able to spend money on tickets to a hockey game... which SHOULD allow for more of the people BITCHING to get these tickets and go to an effing game... If you were at the game and not watching it online or on tv i guarantee you, you WOULDN"T BE BITCHING ABOUT THE ATTENDANCE!

So log off this site (sorry matt!!!) log into ticketbastard and buy those tickets and get your ass there... the money you all whine about for travel is the EXACT money we lose by living in this grannyholm created s***-state!!!

Edited by OsGOD

Haha I'd rather the wings move here. Besides the Oil Industry is apparently alive and well in Alberta these days, maybe some of you should come live here :thumbup:

Now, I am in no position to judge people on how they spend their money, I fully understand, that when times are tough, yada-yada, but ... did I just read that tickets are $40 bucks? Holy s***!!! Thats unreal. I have to pay "Atleast Double!" that for a regular season Canuck game. Thats expensive!

Now, I am in no position to judge people on how they spend their money, I fully understand, that when times are tough, yada-yada, but ... did I just read that tickets are $40 bucks? Holy s***!!! Thats unreal. I have to pay "Atleast Double!" that for a regular season Canuck game. Thats expensive!

good luck finding $40 seats... they are the first to go. the ones that are left are waaaaaaaaaay at the ends where you HAVE TO STAND to see the game

Edited by OsGOD

Exactly!!! There are four million people living in the metro Detroit area and there is absolutely more than 20,000 that can afford to attend a Red Wings game.

May I offer my suggestion as to why people don't go? The Red Wings have been so good for so long that we take them for granted. They have made it for the playoffs all but seven years of my life and I am twenty-eight.

That said, I live in Memphis and will be attending the third game of the series in Nashville. Go WINGS... Also, just to cheer everyone up there will be just as many Red Wings game in Nashville as Predators fans.

Exactly!!! There are four million people living in the metro Detroit area and there is absolutely more than 20,000 that can afford to attend a Red Wings game.

May I offer my suggestion as to why people don't go? The Red Wings have been so good for so long that we take them for granted. They have made it for the playoffs all but seven years of my life and I am twenty-eight.

That said, I live in Memphis and will be attending the third game of the series in Nashville. Go WINGS... Also, just to cheer everyone up there will be just as many Red Wings game in Nashville as Predators fans.

And you would think out of four million people in the metro area plus the rest that live around the state would not have an unemployment rate that is double than the whole U.S. national unemployment rate. Right?

6474_mich-unemployment.jpg

One-state recession’ hampers Michigan

ALSO read this

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...BIZ01/804100372

Shabon Chadwick, 24, who lives in the Detroit suburb of Taylor, Mich., has had several part-time jobs since losing her position at a produce plant. But full-time work has remained out of reach, and she has been forced to borrow money from family members to keep up with her bills.

Michigan’s job market has been particularly battered by the recent downturn, as auto plants let go thousands of workers. Part-time work “is all you can find out here,” Ms. Chadwick said. “It makes me want to move out of Michigan because there are no jobs here.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/04/business...nd-econ.html?hp

Posted: Wednesday, 19 March 2008 1:26PM

Michigan's Unemployment Rate Up

Michigan's unemployment rate is still growing and is now the highest in the nation at 7.1 percent.

State officials say unadjusted rates increased in all of Michigan's regional labor markets in January. The largest unemployment rate increases were in Monroe and Flint areas and the northeast portion of the Lower Peninsula.

The largest job losses came in retail trade and government employment. Michigan's seasonally adjusted jobless rate in January was highest in the nation at 7.1 percent.

http://www.wwj.com/Michigan-s-Unemployment-Rate-Up/1852733

Edited by Jwo

7.9% unemployment rate means 92.1% still have jobs.

Shabon Chadwick, 24, who lives in the Detroit suburb of Taylor, Mich., has had several part-time jobs since losing her position at a produce plant. But full-time work has remained out of reach, and she has been forced to borrow money from family members to keep up with her bills.

Michigan’s job market has been particularly battered by the recent downturn, as auto plants let go thousands of workers. Part-time work “is all you can find out here,” Ms. Chadwick said. “It makes me want to move out of Michigan because there are no jobs here.”

There are over a million of people like her around the metro area.

Edited by Jwo

The question is: Is there 3,980,000 like her in the area?

So of those 4 million people in the Detroit area, how many could actually come to a game?

How many are kids? How many elderly? How many are black? (Not a racist remark, but the fact is they dont make up a huge amount of the hockey fan base) How many dont like sports? How many have late classes or late shifts/night jobs? How many cant afford it? How many prefer to hit the bar and watch? How many like to stay home and watch?

Seriously, stop throwing numbers around unless youre going to think your argument through.

Due to the fact that youre mildly retarded, Ill let you believe this.

7.9% unemployment rate means 92.1% still have jobs.

You too.

Are these the same Blackhawk trolls with new SN's perhaps?

Odd how people living out of state seem to know exactly how things are here.

Michigan (Especially the Detroit area) feeling the effects of unemployment and a recession, Detroit has two other pro teams that people go and see (One of which is starting playoffs as well), Tickets are expensive, Gas prices suck (A lot of Wings fans come from the suburbs, not the mostly urban city)... and yes, a little of being spoiled, but thats not the main reason.

I mean what is it that you want?

Detroit should be compared to cities like Edmonton, VC? Hockey is all they have. Please save the CFL and VC Grizzly retorts.

Should we be compared to Nashville, a city that barely even kept their team this year?

Times are tough, and people cant do everything they want to do here. Id love to be at every game, but staying home with a house full of friends and a big screen TV saves me Hundreds of dollars that I cant really spend right now.

If were so non-supportive for no good reason, drive your asses here and show us how its done or STFU.

The question is: Is there 3,980,000 like her in the area?

dude... get your ass down to the joe tonight... or shut the f*** up! I'll leave that choice up to you... Airports are still open... get your ass in a ******* seat...then i will at least entertain the verbal spewage coming out of your brain via your fingers.

I have ZERO tolerence for out of state trolls bitching that US living here don't go to games... Get off your high horse and Put your MONEY where your MOUTH is

So of those 4 million people in the Detroit area, how many could actually come to a game?

How many are kids? How many elderly? How many are black? (Not a racist remark, but the fact is they dont make up a huge amount of the hockey fan base) How many dont like sports? How many have late classes or late shifts/night jobs? How many cant afford it? How many prefer to hit the bar and watch? How many like to stay home and watch?

... and how many are ficticiously made up to vote scumbag Kwame back into office... you just never know ;)

Edited by OsGOD

Seriously, stop throwing numbers around unless youre going to think your argument through.

Add all those variables into a MUCH smaller Pittsburgh (approximately 1/3 the size of Detroit). They sold out ALL tickets in 11 minutes. People camped out overnight and not all of them even got tickets. I can name off the top of my head about 5 or 6 cities that are more of a hockey town than Detroit is.

Another question, whats the excuse for the no-shows? When I check the score sheet for Wings home games it says 19,000+ yet when I watch the highlights, half the arena is empty. The fact of the matter is many Red Wings "fans" have been spoiled over the years and they don't support the team unless they make they Cup Finals.

Add all those variables into a MUCH smaller Pittsburgh (approximately 1/3 the size of Detroit). They sold out ALL tickets in 11 minutes. People camped out overnight and not all of them even got tickets. I can name off the top of my head about 5 or 6 cities that are more of a hockey town than Detroit is.

They got hosed then... cause looky what i just found on ticketmaster of all things..... Sellout MY ASS! this isn't even a third party ticket broker... lol... check before you speak what you think is the truth my dear!

pits.jpg

Your just pissy cause your team sucks... get over it move on... we don't care about the avs anymore

Anyways why do you even care about the joe louis attendance... you aren't going to be coming here to see a game?! But if you wanted to... at least you could get tickets.

Point of the matter is WE DON'T CARE about your arena.... why do YOU CARE ABOUT OURS?

Edited by OsGOD

Another question, whats the excuse for the no-shows? When I check the score sheet for Wings home games it says 19,000+ yet when I watch the highlights, half the arena is empty. The fact of the matter is many Red Wings "fans" have been spoiled over the years and they don't support the team unless they make they Cup Finals.

Many of those seats are owned by corporations. They use the tickets to give to big-time customers, or to their best employees as incentives for good performance, etc. Therefore, there is no one person to actually sit in those seats, because they belong to a huge company that has to give the tickets to someone for anyone to have them. If they don't do this, no one will be in the seats.

Also, just because people have jobs doesn't mean they pay well enough to afford tickets, or perhaps they need to spend their money on other things. Just because you have a job does not mean you have money for luxeries. I think it is very judgmental for you to be saying how people should spend their hard-earned money. Might they have a mortgage to pay, medical bills to pay, children in college with tuition to pay, or maybe their kid needs braces so their teeth aren't messed up for the rest of their life. Believe it or not, there are many things that people need to spend money on that are more important than hockey tickets, or any other sports tickets for that matter. And if the situation in other cities is the same as here, as you seem to have implied, and people are spending money they cannot afford on hockey tickets, I don't know that I think that makes them "better" fans. I think it shows they are foolish with their money, and I will not feel bad if they then cannot affor their mortgage payment because the went to the Pens' game. That's what I feel about the whole situation.

Edited by Sergeiwasmyfav

I’m happy to announce that I just bought two tickets to game 2. WingsZR2 will be departing Nashville at approx 6pm Friday night and will make his grand entrance in JLA around 1:32PM on Saturday. He will return home on Sunday to prepare for the beat down in game 3. Part of me is sad that you guys are suffering so much with the local econ and can’t all attend, the other half is just thankful for the opportunity to spend a few hours in the house that Stevie built.