• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Sellout: yes or no?

Rate this topic

wasnt your argument 4 million people in and around detroit?

Wayne county has a population of 1.97 million as of 2007. So Im fairly sure that my facts check out. Unless the michigan census numbers were off...

also, youre basically telling a lot of folks that cant afford hockey tix to stop being lazy., Why not tell a homeless guy to get a job?

Thats where the elitist a-hole bit shines through.

The point is, there arent just 4 million people sitting around deciding not to go to a hockey game.

That is not my point. My point was not that their are 4 million people sitting around deciding not to go. It's that there shouldn't be any problem for 20,000 to go!

All of this is now moot as the Joe did indeed sell out.

Edited by sdogg1m

I found a 40 buck ticket the day beforehand and enjoyed a game from a great seat.

If you rather pay the same amount to get a lower level seat at Comerica to see a 1-9 team, I guess you can. Me I hope it keeps up until the finals. I would love to buy tickets instead of depending on the luck of the draw I usually have to for shared seats.

Whatever, I just was glad to hear the joint rocking. Though I wasn't a fan of Ellas chant... it was 2-1 hardly worth chanting.

Let's go Red Wings!!!

It did? I thought it looked empty, saw many empty seats... :unsure:

Same here. I also wonder what the percentage is for scalpers buying tickets.

This place has cheap tickets for the playoff games. I have never used them but I know people here last year used them and had no trouble getting the tix for cheap. Check it out http://www.dailystubs.com/ResultsTicket.as...s+-+Home+Game+1

Game 2 is the one I want to go too but $35.00 is still too high. I want to have some extra money to buy some Nachos and a pop. Will they have any $12 tickets like Ticketmaster has for the Detroit Pistons Playoffs?

It was little disappointing to see the full house tonight

I don't live in Detroit but I hear about city's struggle. I guess it is really taking toll on people.

That is not my point. My point was not that their are 4 million people sitting around deciding not to go. It's that there shouldn't be any problem for 20,000 to go!

All of this is now moot as the Joe did indeed sell out.

I get the 20k thing, but still, thats a lot of people paying a lot of money, and with hockey being behind the big 3 sports in America in terms of popularity, it can still be a tough sell in a strapped local economy. ... full or not doesnt make us any more or any less of a hockeytown.

I don't understand this post.

by full house i meant 'it looked empty' because I thought couple early posters were being sarcastic. I guess I was wrong

to me, the building looked so empty.

It looked a lot better than last year thats for sure. I was there and it was soo loud and everyone was going crazy. I was bummed about the lower bowl seats that were still empty here and there but overall it was a great crowd.

Well for the people talking about empty seats on T.V. take my word for it, I was sitting there and when it wasn't near the beginning or end of a period (when tons of people head to the completely inadequate bathroom facilities to beat the intermission crowd) the seats were 95% full at least. On top of that the crowd was electric in there, I've been to my share of Wings playoff games and this one definitely ranked up there in intensity.

Here's to 15 more wins in the next 2 months. :siren: