• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Sellout: yes or no?

Rate this topic

My guess we will only sell out weekend games (if any); if we make it to the Cup Finals, those games will definitely sell out, but I doubt we'll have any before then. Economy is bad and tickets are too expensive

Edited by McCartyFanForLife

Weren't playoff ticket prices reduced for this year?

by like $2 then parking was raised by $8 math wizards how does that work out?

My guess we will only sell out weekend games (if any); if we make it to the Cup Finals, those games will definitely sell out, but I doubt we'll have any before then. Economy is bad and tickets are too expensive

Yes they are reduced compared to last year's playoff prices but they're still pretty high.

IMO the first round should be closer in price to what seats costed during the regular season.

How much is it to park now??

Free, park at greek town and take the people mover.

Ok I lied, it's $1.

And right or wrong, if you're not going to games in the first place I think it's pretty lame to be complaining about this stuff anyway. This isn't directed at anyone, just a general statement.

Edited by Heaton

Ok I lied, it's $1.

Some of those Greektown garages are requiring you to show a Club Greektown card or they won't allow you in. I've had a card for years so I could get around that.

I went to a game in all 3 rounds last year, but I can't justify that money again this year. I want to go to a game, so I'm waiting til the later rounds. I would hope they would do some kind of "game day ticket reduction" if all the seats aren't sold, but I doubt it.

I'm still debating if I should shell out $40 X 2.

If tickets we're $12 or $15, I would have the tickets the first day they went on sale.

Edited by Jwo

Ok I lied, it's $1.

And right or wrong, if you're not going to games in the first place I think it's pretty lame to be complaining about this stuff anyway. This isn't directed at anyone, just a general statement.

Exactly... i am sick of people (in general) bitching about sellouts and in the same breath say... but i am out of state... i can't go... or i was WATCHING ON TV and was ashamed it wasn't sold out... Sorry PUT UP or SHUT UP!

How much is it to park now??

I will let you know thursday night when i get back from the game... I know cobo jumped up $5 from last season during the regular season.... i hope the playoffs aren't too bad

But when you have $22 seats going for $40 (and yes the $9 seats also $40 right now) and last year the lowest prices were $44 its barely a savings at all. but they can say HEY HOCKEYTOWN WE REDUCED PRICES FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!! and not feel guilty about misleading the public!

As of today, Game 1 hasn't been sold out. This is getting ridiculous.

we're section 115 tomorrow... where are your seats? or should i say... "I'm IN, are YOU?"

Edited by OsGOD

Some of those Greektown garages are requiring you to show a Club Greektown card or they won't allow you in. I've had a card for years so I could get around that.

My friend and I parked in the huge Greektown structure that they just built for the last game on Sunday against the Blackhawks, and they didn't ask us for any Club card or anything, we just drove right in. Is this a new development, because it would really suck if it is.

My friend and I parked in the huge Greektown structure that they just built for the last game on Sunday against the Blackhawks, and they didn't ask us for any Club card or anything, we just drove right in. Is this a new development, because it would really suck if it is.

When it gets really busy in the area they might enforce it. They didn't do this during every Wings game I went to over the years but be prepared to be turned away if it gets packed.

I was just in Detroit for two games (Friday/Sunday) and the open practice, or I'd come in from Buffalo.

This will be the only blemish on our postseason should the Wings win the Cup - more people showed up in Anaheim for their games.

I was just in Detroit for two games (Friday/Sunday) and the open practice, or I'd come in from Buffalo.

This will be the only blemish on our postseason should the Wings win the Cup - more people showed up in Anaheim for their games.

Not true... False claim!

panda center holds a lot less than the joe

Honda 17,174 capacity

JLA 20,066 capacity

We regularly had 18,000 at games...

Only in the conference finals (Wings fans filled up 8,000 seats) and the finals, obviously.

Only in the conference finals (Wings fans filled up 8,000 seats) and the finals, obviously.

Do you have actuall numbers for the finals.. cause seriously a SELLOUT for the Phucks was still less than what we had on an average night... we never were close to 3000 open tickets for any game of the playoffs. A sellout at the joe is greater than a sellout at honda...

Not true... False claim!

panda center holds a lot less than the joe

Honda 17,174 capacity

JLA 20,066 capacity

We regularly had 18,000 at games...

plus, as of this moment game 1 at the ponda isn't sold out either.

When it gets really busy in the area they might enforce it. They didn't do this during every Wings game I went to over the years but be prepared to be turned away if it gets packed.

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I'm going with my dad on Thursday, and he knows all kinds of places to park, so it shouldn't be an issue with him. But with my friends or something, I wouldn't know what to do!

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I'm going with my dad on Thursday, and he knows all kinds of places to park, so it shouldn't be an issue with him. But with my friends or something, I wouldn't know what to do!

Hey... Section 115 Row 12 seats 5,6,7 look for Lizz, Lauren and i!! LGW photo opp :D