• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Drake

Rate this topic

We can all agree that Drake didnt have a great year. But he had some flashes of good, games that were either hyped up, or talked about, he'd usually play a very physical game. He fought a couple of times this year, was a pretty good penalty killer. But the Dallas Drake I know is a tenacious forechecker, and a monster body checker, he hasnt shown us that this year. But because older players usually pick it up in the playoffs, (Ala Chelios and Maltby last year) I'm just wondering if he'll have a good first round, he's always been a good 3rd line guy throughout his career, so it isnt crazy to believe he's gonna play better. (Couldnt get much worse, -12!)

I'm very curious to see what he'll bring to the table as well, largely because he seemed to play with a pretty big sense of urgency in the latter part of the regular season and threw his body around much more. The more wrecking balls (in a controlled manner ;)) the Wings can have in the playoffs, the better.

I'm very curious to see what he'll bring to the table as well, largely because he seemed to play with a pretty big sense of urgency in the latter part of the regular season and threw his body around much more. The more wrecking balls (in a controlled manner ;)) the Wings can have in the playoffs, the better.

It seems toward the end of the season we saw flashes of great things. I think they will all be able to turn the playoff mode button on. I expect Drake to be a good, solid player, with a goal or two even.

It was clear that Drake was brought here for the post-season. Hopefully he has a good run left in him. In Babock's words, he will make the Wings tougher to play against and that's why he was signed.

I believe that every player has a certain strength/job/duty on the team. I find it hard to compare Drake with others on the team. You can try and compare him with other guys that have similar jobs on the team but I believe he is doing what Babcock is expecting of him. I agree he hasn't had a stellar year. I believe his play was fairly effective prior to that jaw injury against San Jose earlier in the year. Hopefully he steps up during the playoffs. I think that every check, backcheck, hit, pass, scrum, sticking up for a Z or Dats, and anything else he can do to benefit the scoring of a goal or stopping one, he's doing what is asked of him.

He played pretty good in his own zone, so I hope he can keep it up. I don't expect much from him offensively though. I'd love to see him take Tootoo out with a Drake-like dirty check from behind.

Agreed, substitute Tootoo for Lebda...

Edited by Valtteri Filppula

Honestly if anybody told me Drake, Hartigan, and Mccarty would be playing for Detroit in the play offs before the regular season started I would have laughed in their face. Unfortunately with injuries Hartigan and Mac are out there. In my opinion I think Drake hasn't came back fully after taking his shield off. He's a vet and I think within a game or two we'll all see why Kenny signed him. I just wish he could be out there with Kopecky cuz I do think Hartigan is a waste of space. Drake is f'n sweet and he's gonna lay someone out and turn a game around real soon.

I think yesterdays game was just a great showing of talent and drive for the game that Drake still has. His feet were always moving, he was looking to get into the plays, and he drove the net on that first goal by McCarty. Who would have thought? "Drake driving the net, shoots, rebound, McCarty, SCORRRRRRRRRRES!" Graet showing by a couple of old guys.

Edited by miller76