• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Lineup for Tonight

Rate this topic

Drake is a natural center and has played there quite a bit throughout his career. He also is usually pretty close to 50% on draws.

Except this year when he's at 40%. Hartigan is well over 50%, he's the better faceoff man.

Edited by Heaton

Except this year when he's at 40%. Hartigan is well over 50%, he's the better faceoff man.

Neither has a large enough sample size this season to make that determination. You have to take significantly more than either guy has before you've faced enough opponents to make your percentage an accurate representation of your ability in general, rather than a representation of how you compare to a few opponents.

For example, say All Drake's faceoffs came against guys like Nichol, Malhotra, McDonald, Fedorov, and Ryan Johnson. Those are the top-5 non-Wings faceoff men who played primarily in the Central this season. They won on average 56.9% of their faceoffs on the average as a group. By comparison, say Hartigan's primary opponents have been Jiri Novotny, Jason Arnott, Fredrik Modin, Colin Fraser, and David Vyborny. The average for those guys is below 40%. I didn't research it that deeply, but if that were the case, I would argue that Drake had the better year for faceoffs

His offense has been picking up, how? when? where? did you mean he is beginning to smell offensive?

But you are right the Ducks choose that style and the wings don't so why is it that you expect the wings to do something different than they have the last 15 years.

There is no need to start Downey against Nashville, as it is right now, Tootoo may do something stupid, but for christ's sake cheli could destroy Tootoo, s*** I bet in a fair (never going to happen with Tootoo) fight Z could take him!

SJ, ANA, CAL, those are different teams with a lot of physical play and some guys who can throw, then I see a need for a guy of Downey's ilk, and I personally don't think Mac has the ability to play that way anymore. But if he goes out and plays his normal solid game and then beats Tootoo or some one else in a fight you can say goodbye to Downey for these playoffs and next year. Not because Mac is a better fighter, but because he has the element of history. The fans will feed off of a D-mac fight a hell of a lot more than Downey, and if the Joe really starts rocking from a D-mac fight I bet the wings feel the energy. That will make Babs think twice about Downey.

Again at this stage in their careers Downey is the guy I want fighting and D-mac is the guy I want grinding, in the post season the grinder provides more benefit to your team , than the guy who barely plays 4 mins a night and is there in case something happens, instead of a guy out there to make a difference playing D and working in the corners.

Chelli could destroy Tootoo?

You're either joking, or you've turned your dislike for Downey into making foolish posts. D-Mac isn't anywhere near the fighter Downey is at this point in his career. Also, Nashille will probably play Hordichuk in this series, which is further reason to have Downey out there. They're going to try to muscle us around, and not try to match us skill for skill. They're not stupid, they know what our strengths and weaknesses are.

Other teams around the league are dressing enforcers for the playoffs, so apparently they didn't get your message that there's no need for them in playoff hockey.

You guys could debate the line up until your blue in the face. But you guys are forgetting one key thing.

It's Nashville, mmmkay? Yes I know anything can happen in the playoffs. I know that's what we thought about Edmonton a couple of years ago. But, it's Nashville.

Tootoo is really nothing to be afraid of. You don't need Downey out there for Nashville. It's better to get McCarty back up to playoff shape so you can play them both when you need to. Downey has got a good attitude and while he'd love to play, he's just happy to be part of the wings organization. He's probably got one of the best tough guy gigs around. He's nothing but "Yes Sir Coach, No Sir Coach, Jump Coach? How high Coach?". Not to suggest he's a blooming idiot, quite the contrary. That's why Downey is good for the team, he does what he's told, and he's not going to go stomping on people to vent frusteration if he doesn't get ice time.

By the way, it's Nashville. I'm already ashamed I spent this long writing a post about Nashville.

didn't see much talk about it but i'm just wondering...

is lilja over lebda a good call? personally i like lebdas speed and passing ability out of the zone more than i favor liljas size. that being said lilja was pretty much a beast in the post season last year.

reasons for lilja over lebda other than experience? babcock knows far more than i so i do not doubt its the right call (and its been #3 over #22 all year, i just now am noticing it i guess that stuart is back).

peace

I just sat down to watch the game before Z scored.

have they been this chippy the whole game.

If so I love it, if not I love what we are seeing.

Did anyone see who ran the pred over their bench just after the Kronwall Pk kill?

NVM they just showed it was Drake!

Edited by Opie