• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Lineup for Tonight

Rate this topic

http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/

Darren McCarty will be in the lineup tonight with Aaron Downey a healthy scratch. Mikael Samuelsson and Brad Stuart will both be in the lineup. Detroit's lines look like they will be ...

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Filppula-Franzen-Cleary

Hudler-Draper-Samuelsson

Drake-Hartigan-McCarty

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Chelios

Hasek (starts)

Osgood

Healthy scratches ...

Downey

Abdelkader

Helm

Lebda

Meech

Injuries ...

Maltby (hamstring)

Kopecky (knee)

Not to dog on Hartigan, but can't Drake play center?

I haven't seen a ton of Hartigan but he doesn't seem to be firing on all cylinders when I have seen him.

Where as Abdelkader has had a decent couple of games lately (I haven't seen them only heard about it on here). Now I am not saying OMGDFJKAHJKSHD Abdelkader is the bestest everest, but if he is physical and in playing well why not give him the shot, especially game one. I have a feeling after game one, Hartigan will probably be sitting for Downey. I have a feeling Nashville knows they can only beat det if they rough them up. Then Babs will send out DMD Drake, Mac, Downey and let them know that will not be tolerated!!

I can't believe how much everyone gets carried away about Downey. Anyway, I like Hartigan and although he's played less than Downey this season, he deserves a shot.

Disappointed Abdelkader isn't in the lineup but Samuelsson is obviously a better player at this point (not on the point).

I must say I really like the look of those lines though.

Good looking line-up, but Babock is a fool if he thinks Hartigan will have some kinda impact and Downey wont. Crashing and Banging is playoff hockey, taking hooking penalties, now thats Mark Hartigan hockey! :rolleyes:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

It's for the secondary scoring the Wings lack. You know 3 goals is better than none. :flush:

thats what the other scoring lines are for... that line needs go out there and BREAK SOME HEADS

Samuelsson???? Why not just run 2 forwards, its the same thing...cept passing it to the open wing usually doesnt end as badly as a pass to sammy...

I can't believe how much everyone gets carried away about Downey. Anyway, I like Hartigan and although he's played less than Downey this season, he deserves a shot.

Disappointed Abdelkader isn't in the lineup but Samuelsson is obviously a better player at this point (not on the point).

How does Hartigan deserve a shot exactly? He didnt work hard to make the team like Downey. He didnt protect his teamates all season long like Downey. Why does he deserve a shot? Because he's quick? We already have a quick bottom line player. We need size and grit, Hartigan brings 0 intangibles.

from MLIVE, Babs hasn't decided on Mac or Downey yet.

Update from the morning skate: Coach Mike Babcock said right wing Mikael Samuelsson will be in the lineup tonight in Game 1 vs. Nashville, after missing five games with a sore groin. Babcock said the only decision he still has to make is whether to use Darren McCarty or Aaron Downey at right wing on the fourth line. Defenseman Brad Stuart will return after missing eight games with a broken finger.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20..._lineup_la.html

How does Hartigan deserve a shot exactly? He didnt work hard to make the team like Downey. He didnt protect his teamates all season long like Downey. Why does he deserve a shot? Because he's quick? We already have a quick bottom line player. We need size and grit, Hartigan brings 0 intangibles.

Downey's one problem is he can become a lose cannon, dont need a roughing penalty if its a tie or we are down.

I'm not a huge Hartigan supporter or anything but he does finish checks and seems to have decent puck handling skills and somewhat of a scoring touch (for a 4th liner). I can see why Babcock went with him. Maybe go with MAC and take care of business at home as far as wins are concerned saving Downey for Nashville?

Who knows?! We're still good though.

Cheers to playoff hockey!

esteef

thats what the other scoring lines are for... that line needs go out there and BREAK SOME HEADS

I'm just using the ****** Canoe's way of thinking. I would also rather have Downey out there to seek revenge in case Tootoo decides to do something stupid.

Maybe Babcock thinks Downey will be a liability out there? He only saw about 4 minutes a night during the regular season, and you know that'll drop during the playoffs. Maybe Babs feels safer with Hartigan out there as opposed to Downey?

Downey's one problem is he can become a lose cannon, dont need a roughing penalty if its a tie or we are down.

Lose Cannon? Only one or twice this season has he done that. Once against Chicago, and against Colorado. Both situations in which, it was appropriate. The guy has shown alot of restraint this year.

BTW, it's an absolute joke, that the one decision Mike is having is going with Mac or Downey. They should both be in, we arent playing nice clean hockey. Nashville are gonna take alot of liberties with us, Mac and Stewie are good, but they cant handle it by themselves. Having Downey on the bench just for that, is a good enough reason to dress him.

Not another one of these guys :ranting:

As much as I want to see McCarty play Ive been dissapointed with his physical game since returning to detroit, and I think Downey could do a better job of policing Tootoo...

Maybe Babcock thinks Downey will be a liability out there? He only saw about 4 minutes a night during the regular season, and you know that'll drop during the playoffs. Maybe Babs feels safer with Hartigan out there as opposed to Downey?

That's probably the reason. I dont understand why, Downey isnt anymore of a liablity then Drake, Lilja, Draper even. All have worse +/-'s, Hartigan is worse aswell. Just having Downeys presence if Nashville start playing rough is enough to dress him.

Good point, and those people screaming for Downey in the Post season better prepare for a sore throat. The only way this guys sees playoff ice is injuries, or if in one game Babs thinks that the other team is playing cheap and Mac won't step up.

Downey's play with the team in the post season will not include a ton of minutes. Think about this, he played barely 6 minutes in games that had little to no meaning, do you really think that shows a ton of confidence in him?

I have a new found appreciation for Aaron Downey, at the start of the year I thought this was a wasted transaction, as I have seen him stick up for guys, and guys respond to him, I even stated on here that I think I was wrong. However I would be very very surprised to see him get minutes in the post season. Guys who only fight usually don't see a lot of ice in the post season. And as we know, Downey is not going to light it up in the playoffs, could he score a goal sure, will he, I doubt it.

Hartigan's one problem is that he can suck, don't need a sucky player out there if its a tie or we are down.

hahaha idk... i am just trying out your logic.... and boy do I sound stupid... how do you feel when you say stuff like that?

Edited by OsGOD

Not true. See this thread for complete details:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49334

peace,

esteef

Conjuncture for the most part, while he is a good enforcer, I don't see the need for it in this series, Anaheim or San Jose, sure, but Nashville outside of tootoo is pretty tame, So id prefer someone who can put it in the back of the net, not someone who you have to remind every shift not to end up in the sin bin. Remember kidos, its that one idiotic penalty that can change a whole series.

Edited by Shaman464

from MLIVE, Babs hasn't decided on Mac or Downey yet.

Update from the morning skate: Coach Mike Babcock said right wing Mikael Samuelsson will be in the lineup tonight in Game 1 vs. Nashville, after missing five games with a sore groin. Babcock said the only decision he still has to make is whether to use Darren McCarty or Aaron Downey at right wing on the fourth line. Defenseman Brad Stuart will return after missing eight games with a broken finger.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20..._lineup_la.html

To me, and no i don't have rose colored macslappy glasses on, Mac's experience in the playoffs and his three cup rings make this arguement a bit silly to me.