• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tubaguy

Manny in studio on Vs

Rate this topic

For those of you who haven't been watching Versus over the last two days, Manny has been their in studio player contributor. He did a nice job. He needs to learn to speak up a bit more without being asked and he will be great. I think he has a career lined up after he retires from hockey.

Funniest part was when the OT ended so fast. They asked him what he thought about the goal and he said "I dunno, I didnt see it" and then they all laughed at him. He said he was in the bathroom and they were pounding on the door telling him to get back to the desk lol. I bet he didnt wash lol.

Funniest part was when the OT ended so fast. They asked him what he thought about the goal and he said "I dunno, I didnt see it" and then they all laughed at him. He said he was in the bathroom and they were pounding on the door telling him to get back to the desk lol. I bet he didnt wash lol.

LMAO!!

but yea i thought he sucked

...so did everyone but me miss his prediction that the predators would win the series?

he didnt... he said game two... the preds will take game two... and hes a jerk for going against a team that got his name on the cup.

Frankly, I don't think he's been good at all from what I've seen. He rambled badly after the Wings' game on Thursday and even slipped and said "we" when describing how Detroit plays. Uh-oh. (He did mock himself after doing that.) Howeve, he seemed like he was waiting for someone to interject when he was talking, but when no one did he just kept going, often repeating himself.

Then tonight when he wasn't talking and they were showing the whole panel on screen he'd go ADD and start looking off camera and up at the lights. :lol:

He's got some work to do. It was very obvious Thursday that he was nervous.

Seriously he must have been last on the list of "who's available" to comment on the playoffs. Very freaky as a Wing fan to watch him stumble on the air. Just don't think he has the broadcasting gene in him. Plus, imo, should be limited to FORMER players - there are plenty that might like a crack at that....Luc is doing a bit, Hull does some (OK he's a loud mouth but more entertaining than Manny). List could go on and on....

Plus, imo, should be limited to FORMER players - there are plenty that might like a crack at that....Luc is doing a bit, Hull does some (OK he's a loud mouth but more entertaining than Manny).

Hull is co-GM of the Stars. Doubt he'll be doing it anymore.

I haven't seen it as I don't have VS....but I love Manny! My dog is even named after him.. I was very upset that he left.

Anyway hopefully he'll get better. I don't think that Murph was that good when he first started. It must be hard to be on TV in front of millions for the first time.

Frankly, I don't think he's been good at all from what I've seen. He rambled badly after the Wings' game on Thursday and even slipped and said "we" when describing how Detroit plays. Uh-oh. (He did mock himself after doing that.) Howeve, he seemed like he was waiting for someone to interject when he was talking, but when no one did he just kept going, often repeating himself.

Then tonight when he wasn't talking and they were showing the whole panel on screen he'd go ADD and start looking off camera and up at the lights. :lol:

He's got some work to do. It was very obvious Thursday that he was nervous.

Agree. He's been brutal. Back in net for you!!!

I don't dislike Manny, but he's been pretty damn bad, he stumbles over his words and sounds very awkward, often with frequent pauses during his commentary....

I was watching a game last night with a couple of non-hockey fans and they were like... "who the hell is that guy"...

Maybe with time he will start feeling more comfortable and do a better job...

I think he has be brutal, he repeats himself over and over and over and over again.

The goalie needs to make big saves, I think.

I think the goalie needs to make big save.

They're gonna need big saves from the goalie.

Oh so you think the goalie is going to need to make big saves Manny.

He is not very good, I am sorry, he should not make a career of this.

Don't be so quick to say he shouldn't make a career of it.

Stammering idiots like Larry Murphy draw paychecks, why couldn't Manny?

I think he has be brutal, he repeats himself over and over and over and over again.

He is not very good, I am sorry, he should not make a career of this.

In full disclosure, the Vs. games have been blacked out for me since the 200 miles between Memphis and Nashville allow Nsh to designate this is a "home" game, so I haven't seen/heard Manny. I've had to listen to everyone's favorites: Pete Weber and Terry Crisp on FSN South.

Eh, hes ok. I still cant believe after having the best season in his career EVER, in Detroit nonetheless, he sh*t the bed in the playoffs and man what a let down, not that I am trying to bring up that playoff run, but man what a let down after I thought he might have the goods to take us somewhere. He looks good announcing, has a lot of potential, just like he did as a goaltender... Im happy the Blues took him and we got Osgood, what a good trade.

Speaking of Osgood, I love how sometimes he will be interviewed during the game by FSN Detroit, I loved him with his little stats clipboard while he was suited up. I hope we win the Cup this year so he can get his name on it again, he's been a blessing for us while we have to work with Dom and perhaps next year with Howard.

He is great on camera too!!

I mean except that he hasn't backed Detroit in the series....

Other then that funny and intellegent.

Favourite qoute by him,

"They are pounding on the bathroom door, you got to go back out!!"

lol, saying he missed the OT game winner in Minnesota because it was 57 seconds in and he was at the head.