• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Ole Ole Ole Ole O-LE O-LE

Rate this topic

I know for a fact I started a thread about this before, but it still bugs me.

At the game today I hear my most hated chant ever.

Drunken fools chanting Ellis Ellis, YOU SUCK!

I hate this chant so much as it isn't creative and its kinda low brow junk.

Classless fans like Trashville do this, we shouldn't. More Let's go Red Wings when we need offense and defense for sure.

How about after goals we join many teams such as the Canadian teams and Boston by chanting the very awesome Olay chant.

It is a great song by the Bouncing Souls and pumps me up. Next game let's chant that eh!

Any other classy chants?

The Ole chant is one of the stupidest in sports. Right up there with the "So and sooo, So and sooo, YOU SUCK" chants.

Personally Im partial to any chant that has actual words that are geared toward the support of the home team. But thats just me.

And nothing can beat those liberal progressives of New York starting "***" chants at MSG.

And nothing can beat those liberal progressives of New York starting "***" chants at MSG.

That is for sure.

Only time I am for anything vulgar or so agressively stupid, is when you do it to those who are as such.

I mean getting on Patrick Roy, Tootoo, Pronger etc, is okay in my book.

You should respect your opponent, I enjoy celebration chants.

Wow. I saw the title of the thread and thought it was going to be Red Wing Age-Defying Beauty Secrets.

I agree, though, that the _________sucks chants are stupid. How much intelligence does it take to come up with something, well, intelligent?

I'm not coming up with anything at the moment, but I'm sure someone with intelligence will. Until then.....

Let's Go Red Wings :clap::clap:

:clap::clap::clap:

Edited by 55fan

No, no, no; the ___ you suck chant is lame, almost as good as when the away team kills a penatly and as soon as the PA says "teams are even strength" the crowd goes, "You still suck!". The Ole chant is a football chant, keep it with their sport and we'll stick to the "Let's go Red Wings! Dun Dun dundundun!" chant.

The ___ Sucks chants are typically done by the fan bases of loser teams. There are exceptions, but it usually reflects a general bitterness and lack of anything to cheer about their own team. They amuse themselves with it, kind of like Beavis and Butthead. "You said hard. Heh heh heh."

Personally I love the You Suck! Chant and despise the Ole chant.

Again I'm biased as I attend the UofMN and the you suck chant is very loud and quite impressive actually. Nothing wrong about trying to rattle the opposing goalie. And the Ole chant just reminds me of soccer and I cannot stand soccer as I believe it is the worst sport ever so anything tied to soccer should stay there.

Some chants I would love to hear.

When Nashville takes a penalty

(to the chimes of big ben)

"Same old Nashville, Always cheating!"

When the Red Wings score a goal

(to the tune of DJ Otzi - Hey Baby)

Hey hey baby

(hu ha)

We want to say, the Red Wings scored a goal.

Anytime during the game

"Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Redwings! Redwings! Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole Redwings! Redwings!"

Anytime during the game

sung to the tune of (Dario G - Carnival De Paris)

Oh-oh,

Oh-oh

Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh

Detroit (or Red Wings)

(sung to tune of Fat Les - Vindaloo)

Nah Nah Nah

Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah

Nah Nah Nah

Nah Nah Nah

Nah Nah Nah

Nah Nah Nah Nah

We're Detroit

We're gonna score one more than you

DE-TROIT!

(sung to the tune of the great escape theme)

der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der DETROIT!

der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der der DETROIT!

We'll never die, we’ll never die,

We'll never die, we’ll never die,

We'll keep the red flag flying high,

Because Detroit Red Wings we'll never die!

(Sung to the tune of When The Saints Go Marching)

Oh when the Wings, Oh when the Wings, Oh when the Wings go skating in

Oh I want to be on that ice

Oh when the Wings go skating in

Redwings clap clap Redwings clap clap, Redwings!

We love u Red Wings, we do!

OOOOhhhhhhh Red Wings, we love u!

oooh ahh, you wish you were a Red Wing!

When Jordin Tootoo skates away from Aaron Downey

(To the tune of Sweet - fox on the run)

Fox on the run

You screamed and everybody comes a-running

Take a run and hide yourself away

Fox on the run

F-foxy, foxy on the run and hideaway.

When the PA announcer says "one minute remaining in the period."

Fans yell out "Thank You!"

When the Detroit Red Wings are winning by two goals and they are passing too each other the fans yell "Ole!" to each pass and when a Nashville Player touches the puck the fans "boo"

When the Detroit Red Wings are blowing out the score (4 or more - 0 or 1) fans sing the song "Twist and Shout"

I honestly thought those goalie name chants were the dumbest things fans in every other building could do. The fact that I never heard that from the Detroit crowd made me proud. But today, I was like 'WTF IS THAT?" when it started. Oh well. At least we won, but yeah I agree, it sounds like something some expansion team would do. ;)

And I really want to know what I think it's St. Louis' crowd chants every time they score a goal. It's something fairly long. Does anyone know?

I honestly thought those goalie name chants were the dumbest things fans in every other building could do. The fact that I never heard that from the Detroit crowd made me proud. But today, I was like 'WTF IS THAT?" when it started.

That chant was big at the Joe in the 1995 playoffs, especially when we were playing SJ and Chicago. Irbe's and Belfour's names worked perfect.

I remember being at a Tigers game May 1995, and when Rob Dibble was pitching for the White Sox, we used Dibble's name in the "you suck" chant.

I don't mind the "you suck" chant.

i LOVE ole! i've seen the bouncing souls live a few times, and i have to believe that if the chant is cool when you do it w/like 2000 people at a small concert, it would have to be 10 times better to do w/a crowd of 20,000.

though, at the same time, it's kinda like the habs thing, isn't it?

we should come up w/something more original.

though right now i am strapped for ideas, because i have 'ole' stuck in my head and can't seem to think of anything else! i mean...this looks like so much fun:

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I know for a fact I started a thread about this before, but it still bugs me.

At the game today I hear my most hated chant ever.

Drunken fools chanting Ellis Ellis, YOU SUCK!

I hate this chant so much as it isn't creative and its kinda low brow junk.

Classless fans like Trashville do this, we shouldn't. More Let's go Red Wings when we need offense and defense for sure.

How about after goals we join many teams such as the Canadian teams and Boston by chanting the very awesome Olay chant.

It is a great song by the Bouncing Souls and pumps me up. Next game let's chant that eh!

Any other classy chants?

Whats funny is you call Nashville classless then refer to them as trashville.

Come on guys any chanting in the Joe is great. Since when is hockey a classy sport? I love the ___ you suck chant. And I was not a drunken fool. It drives me nuts when people ***** about supporting thier team and dissing the others. Mr Maj I follow our post and you are anything but classy my friend. To all who were at the Joe today, you did great it was loud and electric. Probably better then Nashville which have one of the rowdiest crowds.

Bottom line. Chant, ___ you suck. Chant, I love bananas! Just chant. Make noise support your team. Please be anything but classy, classy is Bettman. Hockey is Chuck Norris...

Bottom line. Chant, ___ you suck. Chant, I love bananas! Just chant. Make noise support your team. Please be anything but classy, classy is Bettman. Hockey is Chuck Norris...

hahahahaha

this is the the awesomest thing i have heard all day.

Come on guys any chanting in the Joe is great. Since when is hockey a classy sport? I love the ___ you suck chant. And I was not a drunken fool. It drives me nuts when people ***** about supporting thier team and dissing the others. Mr Maj I follow our post and you are anything but classy my friend. To all who were at the Joe today, you did great it was loud and electric. Probably better then Nashville which have one of the rowdiest crowds.

I agree.... Nothing wrong with the ___suck chant.. drunk or not.. this isnt a gentlemans game... relax with the 'class'..... i swear some people rather the wings lose the game than have their 'class' questioned...

I agree.... Nothing wrong with the ___suck chant.. drunk or not.. this isnt a gentlemans game... relax with the 'class'..... i swear some people rather the wings lose the game than have their 'class' questioned...

:thumbup:

:thumbup:

:thumbup: to your opinion of Maj. I'm all about getting on the other team's goalie..Especially when he's a rookie, and probably scared as all hell. Maj, what can we do to make Ellis feel more comfortable? Perhaps a hot towel, maybe a massage between periods?