• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisdetroit

The Ducks are done!

Rate this topic

But seriously if your team was in this position would you start hiller or jiggy in game 3? Would it be the wrong statement to send to jiggy? Or would it be what the team needs? Just a question that originated from ducks forums... i wanna know what u guys think.. i mean sure you can blame the offence (which i prolly would) and the D but to let in 9 goals in 2 games?
No question you start Jiggy. If the Ducks still had Bryz you go to him, but while Hiller is a talented keeper he is young and no way do you throw him into the fire now. You ride the horse that brought you at this point. A few of the goals last night were a bit uncharacteristic of Jiggy, but he'll bounce back. Taking nothing away from Hiller, but without Jiggy going the Ducks aren't gonna go anywhere this year.

Can't jinx it....Anaheim is Playing Like Bird Poo....

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPP!

Duck poo?

But seriously if your team was in this position would you start hiller or jiggy in game 3? Would it be the wrong statement to send to jiggy? Or would it be what the team needs? Just a question that originated from ducks forums... i wanna know what u guys think.. i mean sure you can blame the offence (which i prolly would) and the D but to let in 9 goals in 2 games?

I know what you mean. I would definitely have a talk with jiggy about all of those goals...sure, some of them were tricky...but some of them....well, you know.

IMO, there is no way that they pull Jiggy. He's their number one goalie, and, while he's played his role in their losses, he's hardly the only party culpable. Now, if he gives up any softies and they find themselves down early in game three, then I think it's time to send in the reserves.

Throw all the bleedin' stats you want at me, I'm not getting excited until Dallas has won another game, preferably the next one. Even then it'll be reserved optimism. If Dallas pulls it off, count me in the "point and laugh at the Ducks" group, but only when it's actually over.

The stats should be encouraging to Anaheim, if anything. Teams that win the first two road games in a series go on to win the series 49 out of 65 times for a winning percentage of 75.4%. That means that, historically speaking, teams in the Ducks' situation come back to win 1 out of 4 times. That's pretty good considering how incredibly bad the predicament seems.

I still think the series will go 6 games. *In Dallas favor* with the Ducks winning Game 3 and 5.

It just seems to me that Anaheim doesn't even want to be in the playoffs. At least that's how they are playing. Kinda like they just want to get it over with.

All numbers aside, that has to be one dysfunctional locker room.

The rest of the league despises their goonish ways, 'part time' players and they know it.

Two brooding players in pronger and bertuzzi.

Nut job brain trust.

etc.

Yes, they might still pull it out, but I would not want to be anywhere near that pandora's box.

I am expecting some uber gooning for game 3. They might need therapy as much as they need a win. That many anger issues on one team...I shudder to think.

Edited by zombiewing

Ducks arent done till their officially out. We all know how good they can be, and if they can turn it on, they are a very very dangerous team. This is one team that aren't counted out until they lose 4, no matter what they are down by.

Ducks arent done till their officially out. We all know how good they can be, and if they can turn it on, they are a very very dangerous team. This is one team that aren't counted out until they lose 4, no matter what they are down by.

Honestly? I'd say start the back up because then it would send a message to the Ducks like woah we really are playing like crap right now and need to turn it around. It wouldn't be an insult towards Giggy as much as it towards the team. That's just my opinion though..

Guest Mac4Life25

I hate the Ducks as much as the next guy. But anything can happen in a 7 game series.

The Ducks are not done yet.

Do I think they're gonna win? No. But are they done after 2 games? Hell no.

And no way they get swept. Maybe they get knocked out in 5. But no way it's a sweep.

Yup they did. EastLansingNative and I scored free tickets 2 hours before the game last night. We both went wearing wings hats/ me with a wings hoodie and him in his east lansing - coral gables green shirt.

It was GREAT to watch them lose. They may have the capability to win...but they aren't using it. They can't really put much together and they look SLOPPY. They are getting penalties left and right and if you think they are going to step it up and win in Dallas -you're mistaken.

Classless fans screaming "REFS YOU SUCK" and Booing their Stanley Cup Champ team makes me really angry.

Here's to the ducks going out! :) GO DALLAS!!!!

I came on this site to see the Photoshop Wars which I remember from last year as being truly funny. Another spectacular job and can't wait to see more.

But...

Sorry Vlady, but I was there too, and didn't hear boos. I saw a lot of people leaving after the 4th goal was scored and lots more after the 5th (which was commented on in the papers, but even they didn't say booing and they are saying some pretty negative things against the Ducks today and on Friday). I heard people clap after Giguere made a save after the 4th goal was made, but definitely no boos. Lots of head shaking or no sounds at all, but not any booing unless a call went against the Ducks.

And you're right, the "REFS YOU SUCK" is just stupid and being said by the dumb fans who think it will really make a difference. But to be fair, I've watched other games on TV this year between other hockey teams and heard the same chant. There are classless fans everywhere.

The Ducks do look bad and you probably should hope for them to win at least a couple from Dallas since it looks like you'll sweep Nashville. At the very worst, Pronger might not care about being suspended for the beginning of the season next year, and take out Richards, Morrow, or Modano for you.

I hope Dallas wins this series. I also get irritated when I listen to the Ducks fans boo their team.

It almost seems like when you're watching the games they don't really care that they're losing. They have no passion for a Stanley Cup team.

I hope Dallas wins this series. I also get irritated when I listen to the Ducks fans boo their team.

It almost seems like when you're watching the games they don't really care that they're losing. They have no passion for a Stanley Cup team.

Yep. Poor Bert and Schneids are going to wish they had stayed in Detroit. Seriously.

Guest Crymson
Detroit went down 2-0 to Vancouver in a series once not so long ago, and a lucky goal changed everything.

Relax. Don't jinx it.

Detroit was also a $65m team chock-full of future HOFers, coached by the greatest coach ever and with one of the best goaltenders in the history of the sport in net. Vancouver was an upstart team riding a surge into the playoffs. They had a bad coach, a terrible goalie, and mediocre talent in general. The only thing they had going for them was Detroit's slow start.

Dallas has a great goalie, a great defense, a great team in general, and a very good coach. Sorry, but they don't match up with Vancouver.

Jinxing is a retarded concept.

Detroit was also a $65m team chock-full of future HOFers, coached by the greatest coach ever and with one of the best goaltenders in the history of the sport in net. Vancouver was an upstart team riding a surge into the playoffs. They had a bad coach, a terrible goalie, and mediocre talent in general. The only thing they had going for them was Detroit's slow start.

Dallas has a great goalie, a great defense, a great team in general, and a very good coach. Sorry, but they don't match up with Vancouver.

Jinxing is a retarded concept.

Oh, so you've never wanted to smack an announcer for mentioning the word shutout in the last few minutes of a game? Same "retarded" concept. It's not any more retarded than assuming a team people were fearing a week ago is done when they're only down two games. Detroit was just the first team that came to mind as an example, and you just aren't worth the time for me to look up every other team that won a series after going down 2-0.

The Ducks have a few future hall of famers themselves, and Giguere won the Conn Smythe while on the losing team in 2003. We all know firsthand he can steal a series or three.

This isn't even up for debate. Unless they're playing a secret best of three configuration I don't know about, the series isn't over.

The smug is getting incredibly thick in here. Would we all be so quick to laugh at the Ducks if we'd lost even ONE of our first two games?

The Ducks have a few future hall of famers themselves, and Giguere won the Conn Smythe while on the losing team in 2003. We all know firsthand he can steal a series or three.

Ah yes, J-S Giguere and his talented ability to stretch the limits of acceptable goalie equipment.

The smug is getting incredibly thick in here. Would we all be so quick to laugh at the Ducks if we'd lost even ONE of our first two games?

If the Ducks required five periods just to score their first goal of the series? I'd certainly chortle, at least.

There done in four games. You can't lose both of your home games, go down 2-0 in series and think your going to win. It ain't happening.

that's pretty bold statement for a Wings fan, at least if one's memory serves back to 2002

Like a few ppl said, don't jinx it. Teams comeback and so, wait till the Ducks are actually eliminated.

A few years back, Wings came back from a 0-2 series deficit. I'm not saying the ducks have a good shot at coming back, but it can happen.

Just like the wings vs. preds. I just want the wings to advance. I'm not gonna wish for a sweep. I'm just gonna hope they advance to the 2nd round.

Here's some food for thought.

2007-2008 Regular Season Home Records

Dallas: 23-16-2 (.561)

Anaheim: 28-9-4 (.683)

2007-2008 Regular Season Road Records

Dallas: 22-14-5 (.537)

Anaheim: 19-18-4 (.463)