• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Probert 5 For Fighting

Pierre Maguire is a loathsome human being

Rate this topic

I disagree with all most of you.... :ph34r: I love what McGuire brings to a hockey broadcast.

Between the benches? Simply the progess of hockey broadcasts. When down there, he gives us a closer look at what is going on at ice level, particularly on the benches. I can remember many times where he mentions players that are hecklin each other, the mood on the benches, what coaches are saying during time-outs, a comment directed at him from a player sitting nearby, etc.....

A "self-inflated" hockey knowledge? This is the man that spend a few years with Scotty Bowman - the greatest hockey mind of all time.... and no, making negative comments towards the Red Wings or predictions that are wrong do not discredit his hockey knowledge..... it's an opinion.....

Glenn Healy, Milbury, Harry Neale are all worse than Pierre :D

100% agreed!

If you want to hear homerific comments then keep watching Mickey Redmond and all the other FSN ___ colour commentators. But if you like a knowledgeable person, who truly understands how the game works, who really gets into every game, then keep watching Pierre Mumbles McGuire.

Wow. You're insane. Mickey is probably one of the LEAST "homerific" color guys out there.

Meanwhile, McGuire spews unsubstantiated nonsense like, "Hasek's trouble in the locker room" or "It's 50/50 Caps and Flyers fans here" during yesterday's WSH/PHI game (when the actual ratio, to anyone with eyes, was probably closer to 90/10). McGuire makes up stuff to make himself sound knowledgeable and important. Even Milbury's called him on his bulls*** on more than one occasion.

Compare this pic mcguire.jpg with this one pierre_mcguire.jpg

The resemblance is quite striking

You compare that bumboy McGuire with Pistachio Disguisey?!

Accursed mountebank, a pox on your naughty area!

(just kidding thats funny as h-e double hockeysticks!)

If you want to hear homerific comments then keep watching Mickey Redmond and all the other FSN ___ colour commentators. But if you like a knowledgeable person, who truly understands how the game works, who really gets into every game, then keep watching Pierre Mumbles McGuire.

Seriously? I'm very nearly inclined to take that entire post as a joke, because I can't believe that anyone actually feels this way. I actually feel dumber after listening to McGuire's commentary. I mean, "structure"? wtf is that about? Way to offer the uneducated American masses insight on the game. I've listened to plenty of medicore, homerific broadcasters through NHL CenterIce, but none of them have given me the urge to be physically violent the way McGuire's idiotic comments often do.

(btw, I've never blamed him for the ridiculous middle-of-the-game interviews because I figured that wasn't his call to begin with. If it is, then I have even more reason to hate him.)

Seriously? I'm very nearly inclined to take that entire post as a joke, because I can't believe that anyone actually feels this way. I actually feel dumber after listening to McGuire's commentary. I mean, "structure"? wtf is that about? Way to offer the uneducated American masses insight on the game. I've listened to plenty of medicore, homerific broadcasters through NHL CenterIce, but none of them have given me the urge to be physically violent the way McGuire's idiotic comments often do.

(btw, I've never blamed him for the ridiculous middle-of-the-game interviews because I figured that wasn't his call to begin with. If it is, then I have even more reason to hate him.)

Thank you for sparing me the agony of refuting that post.

McGuire and "knowledge" doesn't compute.

Haha, good rant. He gets on my nerves sometimes too. He ALWAYS bandwagons during the game - If a team is down, all he focuses on is how bad they are doing and what they are doing so terribly wrong, and the opposite for the winning team.

you've just described Barry Melrose as well. They're both twats.