• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Real1

Favorite memory of 2008 season

Rate this topic

Plain and simple. What is your favorite memory of the season? Mine would have to be either that 4 of the 6 Western all-star starters were Wings or the incredible season that Ozzie had. Both were incredible.

I am intrested in hearing all about your favorite memories of the season.

Edited by Real1

I'd say signing Mac for Griffs contract when it comes to Wings organization

as for the NHL in general - Winter Classic. required huge composure to not

puke after hearing "Crosby" every single 5 seconds but the game itself was

special. something to remember for many years

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Ok, I am going to break the rules of this thread I apologize, but I don't feel like starting a new thread :thumbup: . However, after game 2 on Saturday (which I watched at Hockeytown cafe) we went to the Joe to try and get some autographs. As soon as I got there Meech was just driving away and I missed getting his, but Downey was there and I got his. He was a really awesome guy he was joking with everyone, and made goofy faces at everyone when he drove off. Datsyuk was the next one to stop which actually really shocked me, but as he was signing, he saw a little girl that was with some one and stopped to give her a stuffed bear with a Red Wings shirt on it to her. That just seemed really nice to me that he would think of doing something like that even when hid didn't even have to stopped. Plus his car was full with friends/family. He seems like a really classy guy.

Also, Draper stopped but he didn't stay long because his kids were in the car. His younger one looks alot like him it was pretty funny, but they were both soo cute.

My favorite game of the season was when we dismantled Sharks 5-1 or something beginining of the season. We looked so unstoppable and destroyed Sharks' will to fight back. I think that game was sort of a turning point where we started to believe we were trurly elites and could do something special this season.

Edited by Yemack

Without a doubt, Gretzky having another temper tantrum when Datsyuk scored the game-winner late in Glendale. That was so funny. It's like "Dude, your team is just s*** - what'd you expect - to NOT lose?"

Franzen, definately, scoring all those goals.

It was a vindication for me and my scouting ability. I claimed Zetterberg and Kronwall as being good before they were, but people said those were too easy of calls.

Franzen wasn't obvious, I said he was a top-six forward and all those GWGs were exciting and very comforting.

Two best feelings in the world are watching the Wings winning and being right about something. That is a double dose of happy.

I'm going to agree with Duck guy on this one. That, and the return of the turtle, and Gretzky's face after Datsyuk scored.

Oh, and Hank's hat trick on March 19th because it was my first Wings game!

Ok, I am going to break the rules of this thread I apologize, but I don't feel like starting a new thread :thumbup: . However, after game 2 on Saturday (which I watched at Hockeytown cafe) we went to the Joe to try and get some autographs. As soon as I got there Meech was just driving away and I missed getting his, but Downey was there and I got his. He was a really awesome guy he was joking with everyone, and made goofy faces at everyone when he drove off. Datsyuk was the next one to stop which actually really shocked me, but as he was signing, he saw a little girl that was with some one and stopped to give her a stuffed bear with a Red Wings shirt on it to her. That just seemed really nice to me that he would think of doing something like that even when hid didn't even have to stopped. Plus his car was full with friends/family. He seems like a really classy guy.

Also, Draper stopped but he didn't stay long because his kids were in the car. His younger one looks alot like him it was pretty funny, but they were both soo cute.

That's a really cool story, Datsyuk was one of the most approchable players at Training Camp the past two years as well. It's nice that a Superstar like him will do that.

It has already been mentioned, but my favorite memory of the year was Hasek flipping Gaborik over. Or, I guess this isn't on-ice, but I have really enjoyed all the pie-in-the-faces (thanks to Draper). Those have all been hilarious to watch. :rolleyes:

Guest ForeChecK

i cant name just 1 favorite memory of the 08 season

Other Teams

Crosby v Ference.

Downie's Early Season Goon Moments.

Ashams KO on Spiller

Wings Only

Drake v Perry

Kopecky v Sharp

Downey v Boll

Downey v Parros

Some of my favorites are:

Datsyuk making Grier run into his own player

Hasek flipping Gaborik

Downey kicking Parros ass

Cleary standing up to Pronger

Babs flipping out against avalanche

The Datsyukian deke on Flames

Franzen netting 8 game winners (espicailly OT on Preds)

Hasek flipping Gaborik

hahaha that was a great one also :thumbup:

Hasek flipping Gaborik

Could not agree more! :thumbup: