• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

Hey everyone, I am a sophomore at the University of Minnesota majoring in Sport Management. I am currently enrolled in a class called Intro to Sport Studies. One of the projects for this class is to interview someone in the sports industry and working in an area that we may be interested in as a potential career.

My question is if anybody knows someone within a sport organization (Pro, Minor Leagues, College, HS, anything...) that is approachable and would have time to answer about 10 questions through an email about sports management and how they got to where they are, what their job is, etc.

I've sent some emails to some people at the Griffins but haven't gotten anything back yet.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of time to collect the interview information for my paper.

THANKS!

#2 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:24 PM

You might want to try to contact someone from Suburban Sports Group.... Call and ask for Thomas A. Anastos or Lyle Phair.

Tom is the Commisioner of the CCHA and Lyle is a columnist for Michigan Hockey....

The phone number for Suburban is (248) 478-1600, ask for Tom and leave a message and the ask for Lyle and leave a message. Just explain your situation and they may be able to help you out.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#3 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for the info! thumbup.gif

#4 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:28 AM

Sorry I can't help you but I must say that sounds like a pretty cool course. I'd love to do something like that!

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 14 April 2008 - 04:29 AM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#5 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:15 PM

Any luck with those contacts?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users