• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmorland

Calgary Comeback Win!

Rate this topic

SJ have no <3

Think about it. Marleau (THEIR CAPTAIN) get's slaughtered by Sarich. How does the team respond? By giving up 4 straight goals and losing the game. Pathetic.

And Campbell and Thorton do the flamingo on Nolan's winner. Where's the character? Block that shot with your teeth.

That toilet seat cover that the Sharks have hanging in the dressing room (for those of you who were watching CBC) should be the new team mascot.

I can't believe no one mentioned what the key momentum change in this game was.

Cory Sarich absolutely destroying Patrick Marleau.

Marleau had his head down for a brief second, and before you know it, he was bleeding from the eye and nose. Dion Phaneuf scored shortly after and it was Calgary's game.

Marleau had his head down for a brief second, and before you know it, he was bleeding from the eye and nose. Dion Phaneuf scored shortly after and it was Calgary's game.

Sorry to nitpick, but it's late and I'm tired. The cut above his eye was from Phaneuf a couple of shifts earlier.

Iginla scored that goal.

Sorry to nitpick, but it's late and I'm tired. The cut above his eye was from Phaneuf a couple of shifts earlier.

Iginla scored that goal.

Actually, we're both wrong. Daymond Langkow scored the first one. :lol:

I must of not been in the room when Dion cut Marleau, but it was bleeding hard after the Sarich hit.

#1 I hate the Flames, but I absolutely LOVE Cujo so I am happy

#2 The Sharks have always had a problem keeping leads. They sit back and never learn from it.

#3 Thornton is amazing in this season, but come playoff time he just drifts off it seems.

Guys, SJ is in big trouble in that series. I watched that entire game and boy, Calgary was relentless all game. I'm surprised Calgary didn't win 5-3 or 6-3. I seriously don't see SJ making it out of that series.

Anaheim is dead in the water as well. I will not hold my breath because they could easily win game 3 and it's a new ball game, but both Ana and SJ have looked like past Detroit teams in the first round when they've been upset. I can't help but draw that comparison.

Actually, 2 or 3 of us mentioned that. All of us who were hoping Kenny would sign Sarich last offseason got a dose of what he brings to the table in that game.

Really a great game from the Flames!!

But wouldnt we have to play the Flames in the next round if they kick out San Jose and we beat Nashville? To be honest, I wouldnt really like playing them, as they would propably be the toughest team to play against right now. Then again you have to beat anyone anyways if you wanna play the cup. Would still prefere a matchup against the Avs ;)

I haven't been sold to those Flames because they severly lack talent up front

and Phaneuf was until these playoffs a big no-show. he did pick up his game

this year significantly and the team shows a lot of heart and push to win.

I'd say I'm glad we downed Preds in that last season game and got them

rather than tank it and get Flames. with all respect to Preds they look

mostly flat against us. and Flames do look serious even despite their

shortage on scoring power.

unfortunately, this looks like we might draw them in second round. maybe

it's not a bad choice but I'm leaning towards wanting Wings to play Stars

or Dives.

I watched the game from start to finish and all I can say is vintage SJ. A team that gets off to a lightning quick start, sits back for a moment, and then is forced to play catch-up once again when its already to late. Wilson really needs to be cast away.

Congrats to the Flames on their resiliency. Patrick Marleau......how's your head feeling?

Quick thoughts -

-Wasn't the proof in the pudding all season long with Anaheim and San Jose? The two chic picks in the Western Conference, simply put, have a severe problem offensively. They just don't have any forwards scoring outside of the big guns(Thornton, Getzlaf). Granted, SJ scored 3 quick ones yesterday...but they might have had two quality scoring chances the rest of the way. And was I the only one that noticed how slow they looked out there? Don't tell me Detroit is old and slow with the molasses I saw in Sharks jerseys yesterday. Thornton, Rismiller....pretty much everyone but Marleau played like they were 50. It's a testament to how misguided the national media is about us when you see how well we skate compared to ANA and SJ.

-I'm not a believer in mystical stuff like "choking" or "clutch"....but Thornton is choking. He's been Godawful. I think Bob Rouse could push him off the puck right now.

-HUGE props to Calgary's fans. The Joe, like any other American arena, probably would have shut their traps and left in a slow drizzle the rest of the game. The Flames fans were cheering right after they made it 3-0. They really back up their guys. And when Sarich flattened Marleau...I knew something was good was going for them. This reminds me EXACTLY of the Detroit-Edmonton series back in 06. SJ is the much-hyped Cup contender, and they're getting beaten up and their big bodies(like Lang, Shanny and co. back in 06) are getting left in the dust out there. I don't want to say the series is over...but man.

Quick thoughts -

-Wasn't the proof in the pudding all season long with Anaheim and San Jose? The two chic picks in the Western Conference, simply put, have a severe problem offensively. They just don't have any forwards scoring outside of the big guns(Thornton, Getzlaf). Granted, SJ scored 3 quick ones yesterday...but they might have had two quality scoring chances the rest of the way. And was I the only one that noticed how slow they looked out there? Don't tell me Detroit is old and slow with the molasses I saw in Sharks jerseys yesterday. Thornton, Rismiller....pretty much everyone but Marleau played like they were 50. It's a testament to how misguided the national media is about us when you see how well we skate compared to ANA and SJ.

-I'm not a believer in mystical stuff like "choking" or "clutch"....but Thornton is choking. He's been Godawful. I think Bob Rouse could push him off the puck right now.

-HUGE props to Calgary's fans. The Joe, like any other American arena, probably would have shut their traps and left in a slow drizzle the rest of the game. The Flames fans were cheering right after they made it 3-0. They really back up their guys. And when Sarich flattened Marleau...I knew something was good was going for them. This reminds me EXACTLY of the Detroit-Edmonton series back in 06. SJ is the much-hyped Cup contender, and they're getting beaten up and their big bodies(like Lang, Shanny and co. back in 06) are getting left in the dust out there. I don't want to say the series is over...but man.

The irony here is that Thornton and Getzlaf have a combined point total of 3 assists. Ryan Clowe is the only guy showing up for the Sharks offensively and the Ducks, well they have yet to realize their playoff series started a week ago...

haha i put on that game right before the flames scored their second goal, i was like "holy crap would you look at that crowd!" and my boyfriend, who knows nothing about hockey was like "yeah would you look at all those empty seats?!" and then i had to explain to him that those werent red seats, they were flames fans in red jerseys. haha..then the flames scored a third and the 'seats' jumped up and screamed and cheered so he saw for himself..

i want the flames to win the series, but i dread playing them because of that stupid air horn guy who is at every game. i think he may be the most obnoxious fan in professional sports (not counting every philly fan in the universe). i think he brought friends last night, because i heard like three air horns going off at once. ughhh. hopefully if we do end up going against calgary, we'll win it in four so i only have to endure two days of that guy.

seriously...good on calgary, good on cujo. it was fun to watch the flames come back from that deficit (and to witness another step in the process of san jose choking in the first round.).