• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 3 (4/14) GDT: Predators 5, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

How many penalties do you guys think they'll call on us the first 10 minutes after all the bitching Nashville has done?

In my opinion, our PK unit better win this game for us early on, or it could be a long night.

Word...I think this game is gunna be a true test of hard work and determination and I would not be suprised to see nashville steal a W tonight(not to be a naysayer). Like sombody has already said "if nahville wins any games this series i think it will be tonight". Obviously I hope that i am wrong... but Go Wings anyway!

For the sake of being optimistic...

Wings: 3 (Dats,Raffy,Cleary EN)

Preds: 2 (Erat,Zanon)

The Wings will definitely need to weather the early storm. If they can come out of the first period with a lead or tied, I think they'll be in great shape to get the win.

stats3sr8.png

Neato stat of the night. :lol:

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

The Wings win tonight, and the series is essentially over.

The Predators win tonight, and it's completely up for grabs.

This is a huge game. We can't lose sight of that. A lot of people, both fans and professionals alike, have already written off Nashville, which is a terrible mistake to make. A story in the Free Press today about potential second-round opponents? No thanks. I fully expect the Predators to come out and play gritty, tough hockey tonight, and it's important the Wings are ready for it. If Hasek plays well again, though, I like our chances. Still, let's not get ahead of ourselves, folks. There is still a lot of series left.

This is a huge game. We can't lose sight of that. A lot of people, both fans and professionals alike, have already written off Nashville, which is a terrible mistake to make. A story in the Free Press today about potential second-round opponents? No thanks. I fully expect the Predators to come out and play gritty, tough hockey tonight, and it's important the Wings are ready for it. If Hasek plays well again, though, I like our chances. Still, let's not get ahead of ourselves, folks. There is still a lot of series left.

Couldn't agree with you more! This thing is not over yet and tonight is a big game. We have yet to see what Nashville can throw at us.

With that said, I believe the Wings realize what is at stake so I am calling for:

Wings 4 Preds 3 final in 2nd overtime

Great post.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The Wings are great at finishing teams off, so if we go up 3-0, I think we'll win in a sweep.

The last thing I want is a repeat of last year or 2004, where the Wings lost both road games, and had to claw their way to win the series.

This team has to come out with more intensity than Nashville, which will be hard, because Nashville has more to play for with their season on the line.

Go Wings!!!!

Oh PLEASE keep TOOTOO off the scoreboard tonight... i know you are focusing a lot on his Physical play.. but he is silently their leading GOAL scorer so far this round... WTF Wings... STOP HIM!

Wings have their mojo working against a weak Preds team. Keep Tootoo from running around and it's an easy, uneventful win.

Wings 4 (Stein, Raffy, Z, Cleary)

Preds 1 (who cares)

They need to not allow Tootoo to draw them into stupid penalties. They are allowing this 4th line bum to make a difference.

I would very much appreciate a win here tonight. Although when WOULDN'T I appreciate a win.

God, when wouldn't anyone appreciate a win. In fact I can't stand the thought of losing and having to wait and see what's going to happen.

Edited by cirov19

Tonight is crucial. This could be a series-changer (though I hope not). Nashville has played good so far, and they're at home now. The Wings can't let up. If they keep shooting, keep controlling the play, even a couple bad goals by Nashville can be overcome.

It won't be easy. I expect it to be just like the first two games: Detroit takes the lead, Nashville ties it and it stays that way until late in the third. Let's just hope the Wings can be the oens to score that late, game winning goal.

I'll be there tonight. 103, wearing my good ol' Stevie Y jersey.

WIngs need to take the crowd out of this game. Score early and often and don't let Nashville gain the momentum.

Wings 6 (Zetterberg 2, Homstrom, Lidstrom, Cleary, Stuart)

Preds 1 (A-Rad)

the first ten minutes are crucial. nashville is going to come out playing as hard as they can. if the wings can get through the first ten minutes, then we will win.

nashville hasn't scored a good goal yet this series. all 3 of them have been flukey, or the one came off a bad turnover.

I've been impressed with the balanced scoring for the wings. if they can get the pp working then all should go well.

wings win 3-1.

and kronner crushes tootoo

btw-looked at the lines for tonight, why is sammy on the second line?!

Well my blood pressure is up again!! Already very nervous!! This is going to be the toughest game so far (many of you have already said that) as well as the first ten minutes are very important! No dump penalties early, and a quick lead is crucial. If we can do that we'll have them doubting themselves, and yes complaining even more!! We haven't played well in this series yet, so I look for a great game by our D, and Dats and Z!! Lets Go BOYS!!! GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, actually. Great post, I agree completely.

That said, GO WINGS!!! :banana:

The Preds are going to be flying around in this one. They will be trying to put a full 60 minutes together like they played the first period in game two. Lets weather the storm for ten minutes, then take over the game and the series. This will be the toughest game for sure so far. I'm not making any picks(except for a win) and no injuries. P.S. I already called in for work :hehe:

wings victory and maybe they can improve that PP. Preds will be fighting for their lives tonight o and McCarty destroys Tootoo and scores 2 goals :)