• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 3 (4/14) GDT: Predators 5, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Richards should be moved to forward for the next game. He had a few Holmstomesque screens tonight. On the wrong goalie, but they were pretty good screens.

To do list:

1. shave head.

2. wash bad juju from jersey.

3. switch from coffee to tea in wings mug the morning of the next game.

No panic buttons being pushed here. That's not happening until I hear my wife say "uh oh, you pulled out your old Fedorov jersey, should I go stay at my mom's tonight?".

for those of you saying this will be a wake up call, i doubt it. the wings have done this for the last half of the season pretty consistently. they rarely put in a full 60 anymore. this game won't change it. it's clear nashville has had more heart this series. that's what sucks about finishing up the regular season with nothing to play for. the wings were lulled into complacency long ago and it's a hard habit to break.

i'm still confident about this series, but what happens when we play a team that's actually worth a damn???? these complete mental and physical lapses multiple times a game are absolutely inexcusable.

The only thing scaring me, is the score of the series so far. 10 goals to 8 goals for the Wings. We had held Calgary to 3 or 4 last year, at the same point in the series (2-1). Gotta work on the defence, AND the offence for next game.

:thumbup:

He will, you're right. He was the reason they won game 2.

He was? He gave up the lead on back to back goals and got saved by the post twice shortly thereafter that would've given them the lead. After that, he had to do very little. He had a solid first period, I'll give you that, but, you know, why do I even bother with you. You're not rational. Never mind.

thanks!

they did play like s*** the last 19:20 of the game. i'm not disputing that. BUT you gotta make AT LEAST one of those saves. you just do. thats what kipper does. thats what nabby does (last night his team played 4 minutes not 40 so i give him the benefit of the doubt there). thats what luongo does.

hasek needs to.

goodnight.

btw we win this series 4 games to 1.

The same Kipper who got chased like 5 minutes into the game last night?

The same Nabokov whose team blew a 3-0 lead last night and who didn't "Bail his team out" when they were less than a minute from having Detroit on the ropes last year?

The same Luongo who isn't in the playoffs?

I'm with you on the series prediction, but this board needs a prozac or something.

Dom should've had the third one. I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it (since he unnecessarily blamed himself for a puck hitting a seam in the glass last game...he's a stand up guy like that).

The fourth was just a ridiculous shot and Arnott picked the corner perfectly. Gotta just tip your hat to him on that one and we'll get em next game. Hopefully Lilja and Stuart play smarter.

Playing defense and not attempting to sit on a lead would do as much to "Bail the team out" as Dom making one of those two stops.

Edited by Packer487

This reminds me of the 04' series.Even if the Wings win this series they are out the next round.Tonight's inability to put away an 8th seed really makes me doubt this team to make a cup run.Im no bandwagon fan,I will be there next season no matter what but that's just my opinion.2nd round exit.

It's comments like these from "so called Wings fans" that piss me off. It's only 1 loss in the first round. There still up 2 games to 1 in the series. Chill, relax. As to suggest there gonna lose in the second round already, wow. Way to have faith there fellow Wings fan!

That's the regular season. Dom doesn't do regular seasons anymore.

What was his last playoff game like last year? And it appears he doesn't "do" playoffs anymore either...

Edited by gcom007

your making it sound like its only our D who is to blame. I know u love to defend Hasek and all, but he is as much to blame as the defense. A goalie is there to bail u out, to make a big save at the right time, and did he? im guessing no.......

Not at all. The third one, he should have had. The fourth one, I defy anyone to show me a goalie who would have stopped that. The Wings allowed countless odd man rushes and made bad turnovers and Hasek bailed them out in the second.

Define "the right time" -- he stopped shots in the first and second that would have lost them the game, just sooner. When the entire team melted down in the third, he wasn't able to be the only player out there to fend off a determined Preds team with a head of steam. Couple that with a sloppy lackadaisical effort by the other five guys on the ice in Wings sweaters and you get what we got tonight.

Back to blaming!! :thumbup:

It would have been nice to win tonight, but it's tough to sweep a series. Most of us in the Playoff prediction discussion figured we'd in in 5 or 6 anyway, so we're right on to where we should be.

I for one am not worried at all. All we need to do is be a little smarter in our own end, and not allow Nashville those quick odd man rushes. Other than that, I've been very happy with the way we've been playing.

We're fine, Wings in 5!

Guest DetroitBoy313

One more thing."IF" Nashville was healthy we probably wouldn't be playing them because they would be a higher seed.But if they had ALL their injured guys in,they would run circles around us.And I said this before the series even started,not cause of tonights loss.

I have a few concerns with the Wings play both tonight and in the series so far.

- They played too timidly after getting leads.

- Defense made way too many boneheaded errors that led to goals.

- Hasek seems to have run out of miracles at the end. Not that he really can be faulted for any of the goals tonight, but 1990's Hasek would have somehow stopped at least one of them.

And the major concern is that the Wings got all their chances off the rush or on PP. They just can't establish any puck posession in the Nashville zone 5-on-5. In all 3 games, I can't recall any even strength positional offensive sequences at all, let alone anything resulting in a scoring chance for the Wings. Nashville on the other hand was able to cycle the puck and create chances almost every time they gained the zone.

So far, the Wings dominated the neutral ice and got all their 5-on-5 scoring from that, but Nashville was better in both offensive and defensive zones. PP and transitional game may be enough to get by Nashville, but ANA/SJ will eat Wings' lunch if this trend continues.

The same Kipper who got chased like 5 minutes into the game last night?

The same Nabokov whose team blew a 3-0 lead last night and who didn't "Bail his team out" when they were less than a minute from having Detroit on the ropes last year?

The same Luongo who isn't in the playoffs?

I'm with you on the series prediction, but this board needs a prozac or something.

Dom should've had the third one. I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it (since he unnecessarily blamed himself for a puck hitting a seam in the glass last game...he's a stand up guy like that).

The fourth was just a ridiculous shot and Arnott picked the corner perfectly. Gotta just tip your hat to him on that one and we'll get em next game. Hopefully Lilja and Stuart play smarter.

Playing defense and not attempting to sit on a lead would do as much to "Bail the team out" as Dom making one of those two stops.

:applause:

Hasek couldn't steal candy from a baby right now. I have as much condfidence in him as I'd have in my chances of marrying Jessica Alba.

We're leading this series, but it feels like all the life has been sapped out of this team during the last part of that game. They looked like a boxer after he's glassy eyed.

Not at all. The third one, he should have had. The fourth one, I defy anyone to show me a goalie who would have stopped that. The Wings allowed countless odd man rushes and made bad turnovers and Hasek bailed them out in the second.

Define "the right time" -- he stopped shots in the first and second that would have lost them the game, just sooner. When the entire team melted down in the third, he wasn't able to be the only player out there to fend off a determined Preds team with a head of steam. Couple that with a sloppy lackadaisical effort by the other five guys on the ice in Wings sweaters and you get what we got tonight.

Back to blaming!! :thumbup:

You mean the post bailed him out?