• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 3 (4/14) GDT: Predators 5, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Totally agree about Kronwall. I don't like the style and I don't like the idea of suspensions. I'm all for hard hits and all, but he's really pushing it and I think he's having fun with them. That's all good and well, but a bit more enthusiasm and he's going to be sorry one way or another...

ok i was pissed about the way the game ended, so i turned off the tv, loaded up some postal 2 took out my anger on cats, and bin ladins. Then I thought why push the panic button we are still up two to 1 games, and everytime we took the lead in nashville it killed that crowd. I say go into game 4 completly take the crowd out with 2 or even 3 goals, then finish up with a solid D game and were heading back to Detroit looking very good with a 3 to 1 edge on them.

Last but not least someone put tootoo in his place please.

hey loo...hasek sucks and blew the game and cant stop a beach ball

*runs away* :ph34r:

why, you, you.... :boxing:

I don't mind fair analysis and criticism. I don't like the whiners and bashers who only post when things go wrong, yet never show their faces when Hasek is great. It's like pokng a stick in a fireant mound... they just come swarming from nowhere when the moment is right!!

:pokey:

hey loo...hasek sucks and blew the game and cant stop a beach ball

*runs away* :ph34r:

On this night all 3 of those were true.

As much as people want to blame other players, if Hasek can't stop shots like those last 2 goals, then we're screwed.

The defense can't limit Nashville to not taking any shots at all in the 3rd. The 2 shots they scored on weren't even great scoring chances. The defense did its job.

I've always wondered about the beach ball thing--how does one even get a beach ball through the defence in the first place? :lol:

I'm not sure let's us Toskala!

1206056587440.gif

You know for some reason, the hour-long drive back home goes by really slow when you lose......

Not really much I can say that already hasn't been said. There is absolutely NO excuse for that late collapse. Hopefully, Babs will let his team know that.

The split of the Euro Twins did not work. Neither Dats or Z could get anything set up. I understand your trying to prevent stacking agaisnt that top line, but those three together have found ways around that all season. I say put them back together the next game.

I don't know what happened after that first intermission, but we lost any intensity we had. We allowed Nashville to gain momentum and it came back to bite us.

We had the win in our hands and we let it slip away. Terrible effort tonight, but I have no doubt in my mind that we will rebound for Game 4.

What makes this loss sting more than anything is that Nashville didn't put up any kind of effort. Those idiots just had two spurts where they scored quickly, and got outplayed the rest of the game.

I feel like the Wings rewarded them tonight for nothing. Hell those last 2 goals weren't even decent scoring chances.

Anybody needing perspective, look at Ottawa in January and then tonight. So many people here are pissed that the Wings won the President's trophy and then had the audacity to lose a game in round 1. Ottawa's about to be swept.

The day we have to compare ourselves to them is the day we die.

Guest MrSandMan

Overall good game tonight. Detroit have the elements to win the series without any doubts, they just have to get themselves into playoff mode. They still look like the team from the end regular season...

The reason we lost this game tonight is plain and simple.. and Babcock touched on it. After getting the lead, our boys sit back and fall to sleep. I can't remember the Wings employing this tactic, it doesn't work for us.

Our Defense is breaking down, there really isn't no cause for concern, I think they needed this loss... Hopefully this will remind them that this is the playoffs and will actually start playing like a playoff team.

Lets not take anything away from those pesky preds, give credit to them fighting, clawing, and working their way back into the game and taking advantage of the sleeping giant. Props to Nashville for a good win.

Hasek was solid but that 3rd goal was one that he should have had. The 1st, 2nd, and 4th were not his fault. Arnott's slap-shot was a laser with eyes... No goalie would have stopped that (except JS Giguere and his 4x8 foot goalie pads)

Draper's shot was a beauty! Go Drapes! Mr.Clutch.

Lastly, it was obvious that the Refs were in favor for the Preds to win tonight... Lots-O-non-calls.

Other than that, great game. It was fun!

Wings in 5 :)

ok i was pissed about the way the game ended, so i turned off the tv, loaded up some postal 2 took out my anger on cats, and bin ladins. Then I thought why push the panic button we are still up two to 1 games, and everytime we took the lead in nashville it killed that crowd. I say go into game 4 completly take the crowd out with 2 or even 3 goals, then finish up with a solid D game and were heading back to Detroit looking very good with a 3 to 1 edge on them.

Last but not least someone put tootoo in his place please.

I say let's not always wait until we lose one to start playing like that. With what these guys are getting paid, they should be on "turbo boost" for the entire 60 minutes.

I think that our Defense needs to be a little more physical with Nashville. We can't just leave it up to Stuart and Kronwall. Lilja is a big man, he should use his size more. And Lidstrom is not small, he is 6'1. I know that he is about stick handling and I don't expect him to be making big hits, but I would love to see him push and shove a little more. Rafalski only gets physical if he gets angry, which isn't often. I am not trying to be mean, because I really do like our D.

What makes this loss sting more than anything is that Nashville didn't put up any kind of effort. Those idiots just had two spurts where they scored quickly, and got outplayed the rest of the game.

I feel like the Wings rewarded them tonight for nothing. Hell those last 2 goals weren't even decent scoring chances.

Shos were 29-26, we had only three more shost than them. It's not like it was a 40-20 shot game. We may have marginally out-played them, but that's about it. They played with way more energy than us, we deserved to lose. And saying a hard slap shot 5-10 feet from the crease is not a decent scoring chance is retardation at it's best. Not only is it a decent scoring chance, it's a great scoring chance and it was a great shot.

Ugh. I expected Nashville to win at least one game in this series, but the way we lost that game...I mean, we had the series essentially wrapped up, and then just gifted them a lifeline.

Not the end of the world, though.

Shos were 29-26, we had only three more shost than them. It's not like it was a 40-20 shot game. We may have marginally out-played them, but that's about it. They played with way more energy than us, we deserved to lose. And saying a hard slap shot 5-10 feet from the crease is not a decent scoring chance is retardation at it's best. Not only is it a decent scoring chance, it's a great scoring chance and it was a great shot.

actually the preds had the 29 shots to 26 for the Wings.

Preds played hard, and fed off the crowd.. but the Wings could have very easily still won the game.(If the one off the post that they reviewed while you were up 3-2 had gone in, I think you guys would have cruised...)

Preds will need to play with intensity again and eliminate the stupid turnovers and crappy passing that led to the Draper and Datsuyk goals tonight.

There. Nashville can shut the f*** up, they just got away with interference.

um, yeah... one non-call on a minor penalty totally squares all the crap that went against us in the first two games :blink: [/sarcasm]

Edited by voldemort82

um, yeah... one non-call on a minor penalty totally squares all the crap that went against us in the first two games :blink: [/sarcasm]

One Boarding.

One Slash.

One Tripping.

Two interferences.

Three Crosschecks.

None of them called.

Guest ForeChecK

What is up with the dislike for Kronners play?

i love it. Kronwall is playing like a beast, and its great. Not only is he our 2nd best d-man on our team, He throws the random hit, and it gets the crowd riled up. And kills whatever momentum the other team had going..

Everytime Kronwall throws a bighit like that. The "Superman Dat Hoe" song should come on.