• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 3 (4/14) GDT: Predators 5, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

The last thing I want is a repeat of last year or 2004, where the Wings lost both road games, and had to claw their way to win the series.
Let's not forget this happened last year as well, when the Wings were more dominating in games 1-2 than they were this series--and the Wings needed OT in game 6 to put the Flames away.

All this talk about weathering the storm is spot on. The Preds are gonna come out hard, and Holmstrom's gonna have 5 goals disallowed and spend the entire night in the box (only half kidding here...). If the Wings are down after one, which could very well happen tonight, they need to respond like they did on Saturday when things started going the Preds' way. :thumbup:

Go Wings!

huge game tonight.

id imagine the Preds and their crowd will be loud and into it ,BUT i know at the same time there will be Wings fans and PreWings lurking in the stands tonight, with that in mind, be sure to toss one!

if the Wings can score 1st and control the play i see no reason why they cant go up 3-0. lets just seem them play their game and do what theyve done the first two. just cause were playing on the road doesn't mean we cant dictate the flow of the game.

GO WINGS!

One can only hope that someone puts Tootoo in his place tonight. In his onw building. That would be to funny.

Or better yet, have Chelios score right after the sissy chant. That was by far the best moment of the last game I went to.

Mac with the Gordie Howe hattrick.

And sometime during the third period Trotz starts to cry.

Speaking of the Goride Howe Hat Trick.....here's a quick trivia question for everyone:

How many Gordie Howe Hat Tricks did Gordie Howe himself accomplish?

Speaking of the Goride Howe Hat Trick.....here's a quick trivia question for everyone:

How many Gordie Howe Hat Tricks did Gordie Howe himself accomplish?

One.

Edited for misspelling! :lol:

Edited by HenrikRules40

Agreed that tonight is gonna be a tough one. I'm expecting the preds to become even more physical in their own house, and the boys are gonna have to match them hit for hit. Mac is really gonna have to prove that he's not gonna take any of too too's crap. With that said, I've got my shirt and jersey ready, and my professor knows that she has me til about 7:15, at which point, I'll be flying out the door, and heading home for the puck drop. GO WINGS!!!

I almost want the wings to lose just to extend the series a bit. Lets not forget, a sweep = whole red wings hockeyless week! :(

Uh....I think you'll survive. The last thing you want is for your teams playoff series' to go any longer than they need to. If you can get out in 4...you do everything you can to make it happen.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Uh....I think you'll survive. The last thing you want is for your teams playoff series' to go any longer than they need to. If you can get out in 4...you do everything you can to make it happen.

I must respectfully disagree. WCF's maybe, but not the first round. No, we don't want 7 games, but the Wings get sloppy when they get too much rest.

Guest ForeChecK

I just read a scouting report on Tootoo, it says a feirce agitating big hit laying goon. Later i checked it it is now switched too Playoff Sniper.

weird.

I must respectfully disagree. WCF's maybe, but not the first round. No, we don't want 7 games, but the Wings get sloppy when they get too much rest.
Every extra game is a chance for someone to get injured, which is the biggest threat to this team, as we saw last year. Yes, a long rest might lead to a rusty start in a game one, but I'll take that to get everyone with nagging injuries healthy and prevent future ones.

In the past maybe. We have no way of knowing how this team would respond to a week off in the playoffs before starting a second round match-up. I'd be more than happy to risk that if it meant one less game in the series where yet another Red Wing could possibly get injured. Besides, any time an opponent wins a game that can translate into confidence which may result in 3 more wins.

It's never worth the risk, IMO.

Detroit needs to come out and play hard. Hasek needs to be a brick wall. They need to do everything they can to keep the Nashville arena dead silent (save for the Wings fans that will be there). Looking for the win! :thumbup:

Edited by Nero