• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 3 (4/14) GDT: Predators 5, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Thank god Kronner is picking up where the Pain Train never started. I am embarassed we call him the pain train. Maybe Kronner should now get that title... he appears to want to hit things.

The only thing Lil' Ja is, is a pain in the Ass for fans of his team.

Edited by OsGOD

I agree that Kronwall adds a much needed physical presence to our defense. But his two big hits this series haven't necessarily been physical as much as they've been dirty.

If somebody like Tootoo or Nichol had done what he's done, everybody would be up in arms. So, let's keep things in perspective.

Guest ForeChecK

WHO CARES IF IT WAS A BIT DIRTY.

I was born in the wrong state i swear, i should be a philly fan. Most you fans are insane, who wants to see pass pass shoot pass pass shoot offsides icing..

Omg, I want hits, fights and goals..come on ffs.. who cares if it was a Cheap hit or a tad Dirty, Its playoff season, you gotta do what you gotta do to get the ******* stanley cup.

I agree that Kronwall adds a much needed physical presence to our defense. But his two big hits this series haven't necessarily been physical as much as they've been dirty.

If somebody like Tootoo or Nichol had done what he's done, everybody would be up in arms. So, let's keep things in perspective.

I'm not trying to start a flame war and I do appreciate you trying to keep perspective; I would completely agree with your take on Kronwall if the evidence seemed to support your case. But I'm just curious where you disagree with my interpretation of the hit. Like I said, I do agree that Kronwall leads with his elbow/forearm area, but his arm stays next to his side as opposed to being raised in the air. This hardly seems to be an example of "jumping into the air and elbowing guys in the face," and therefore the charges of being "dirty and calloused" seem unjustified.

If Kronwall leaves his feet it's literally just a split second before he makes contact with the player. Concentrate on the lower right hand corner of the vid watching just his feet in slow mo. His elbow was flush with his body while Bonk was lower than him. Therefore I don't feel this was an elbow either. I've seen guys completely jump off their feet way before a hit on other guys this PO's and in other games much, much worse than this. I've also seen guys hit a player with their elbow extended and also to a players head with their elbow from behind. I don't feel this was dirty at all.

We've been the reciepient of many hits for many a playoff game over the last several years whereby the opp. player clearly leaves his feet to make the hit or intentionally uses his elbow as a weapon, this is really pale by comparison.

I got a better look at it, and he didn't leave his skates completely until after he hit them, and they were both going to the ice. It was almost identical to the Sarich hit on Marleau, so I have no problem with it.

Edit:

Just realized it's already been posted twice.

Edited by tazzer82

anyone that has the nerve to give kronner s*** for that hit is a terrible fan.

the hit was amazing. got me and my friends jumping, cant wait to see a third dominating smack down tomorrow night.

Alright, I guess we'll all have to disagree a bit. I want Kronwall and the rest of our guys to play with some grit and intensity, but I think his hits this series have crossed the line a little. But, again, we can leave that rest.

What I do sort of have an issue with is people saying things like "who cares if we play dirty?" or "playing dirty is fine with me." I don't want to turn into the Anaheim Ducks. And, in all honesty, if that's what it takes to win a Stanley Cup, I don't want one. I would rather remain a respectable organization than morph into a version of the Ducks just to win a championship. That's the God's honest truth. I'm not saying these Kronwall hits are signaling a dramatic shift or anything (far from it), but this affinity for dirty play is troubling. Let's be tough. Let's be ruthless. But let's be honorable.

But, see, you're completely missing the point.

I want Kronwall to be MORE physical. I just wish he would cut out the head-hunting. If I had things my way, Downey/Drake/McCarty would be the fourth line and they would get eight or nine minutes of ice time a game. I want this team to hit and I want them to make opponents uncomfortable, but there are ways to go about doing that without tarnishing our reputation. The Kronwall hits have been Tootoo-like, and I don't want any part of that s***.

Edited by RedWingsFanatic

anyone that has the nerve to give kronner s*** for that hit is a terrible fan.

the hit was amazing. got me and my friends jumping, cant wait to see a third dominating smack down tomorrow night.

I absolutely do not agree with this. RWF is giving thoughtful arguments, which absolutely and categorically excludes RWF and anyone else who does so from being a terrible fan. A terrible fan is not simply one who disagrees with you or a Red Wing player's actions.

Alright, I guess we'll all have to disagree a bit. I want Kronwall and the rest of our guys to play with some grit and intensity, but I think his hits this series have crossed the line a little. But, again, we can leave that rest.

What I do sort of have an issue with is people saying things like "who cares if we play dirty?" or "playing dirty is fine with me." I don't want to turn into the Anaheim Ducks. And, in all honesty, if that's what it takes to win a Stanley Cup, I don't want one. I would rather remain a respectable organization than morph into a version of the Ducks just to win a championship. That's the God's honest truth. I'm not saying these Kronwall hits are signaling a dramatic shift or anything (far from it), but this affinity for dirty play is troubling. Let's be tough. Let's be ruthless. But let's be honorable.

I agree with everything in bold here, RWF :thumbup: