• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Reds4Life

Tootoo: Detroit has..

Rate this topic

“Detroit is on a bit of a roll,” Tootoo said after the morning skate at Sommet Center Monday morning. “We have to worry about ourselves. There’s going to be a lot of emotion, but at the same time we just have to stay on an even keel.

“It’s been a pretty physical series so far. They’ve got some guys that don’t like to be hit, and we’ve got to key on those guys tonight. But we don’t want to go out of our way to make the big hit; we’ve got to make plays and keep it simple.”

Freepress

I hope to see Mac/Pain Train shut this fooker up.

Edited by Reds4Life

Why? Why do they need to key on guys that don't like to be hit?

Will hitting someone score them a goal?

Now if you are talking about hitting to get a turnover or hitting to get someone off their game, I can appreciate that, but it sounds like he's talking about hitting to take someone OUT of the game...and the way he has played in the past pretty much proves that to me.

Dirty hit from 22 = Fight with Mac, Franzen, Lilja or Cleary, I don't care who.

Is this one of those player's on our team that dislike being hit?

...And for the record who actually likes being hit? Tootoo's quite the philosopher with that wisdom of his.

You put the hurt on him so bad he has to eat his grits through a straw. Darren has already said he's not going to put up with this guy, and now is the time to put the force behind the words. If not D-Mac, then maybe Aaron, Dallas or Andreas. Any one of them could do some damage. I liked the hit Dallas put on the other day - that was a great shot.

Freepress

I hope to see Mac/Pain Train shut this fooker up.

I hope so too... so far TooToo has pwned the Pain train...

Also silently went on to lead the team in scoring so far... D-mac isn't nulifing him at all... Epic Failure

Hasn't that been the secret to beating Det for the past 10 years, they are soft Euros that don't want to be hit? I see nothing new or controversial here, other than the person who said it.

I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret....

... Nashville has players that don't like to get hit, too.

Shocking, I know!

Unfortuantly they were all hit prior to the start of the Playoffs and are all on the IR because of the hits :lol:

Long live eRAT!

jesus christ... give this guy a break. he just said it's better to look for those players

who don't get well along with being hit. which is perfectly understandable. Wings do

the same with Preds players except they don't talk about it.

and honestly... as much as I used to hate Tootoo, this guy has picked it up this series

and is one of Preds best players if not the best. he's agitating but at the same time

keeping good eye on the other aspects of the game. he's scored 2 goals on us

(sure it's luck but he worked for them too) is present on the ice and gives his team

a legit minutes. unlike a number of their other players who just disappear.

I sure would like one of our players to make him pay but not because the role Tootoo

does but because of how important he is to his team's chances. at this moment he's

their key player and one of the best. if not the best

I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret....

... Nashville has players that don't like to get hit, too.

Shocking, I know!

As I was reading that comment I thought just how dumb of a statement it was. Seriously, who in their right-mind would actually "want" to get hit?

It's just a dumb comment to even make.

Is this one of those player's on our team that dislike being hit?

...And for the record who actually likes being hit? Tootoo's quite the philosopher with that wisdom of his.

I love that clip... and I'm "in it". We had 3rd row seats right behind the Wings goal for that one. IIRC, the next line out of Mickey after the end of that clip was "Somebody better tell Tootoo that the trade deadline has passed!" Here's the photo I took of one of the shootout goals from my seat:

rw10.jpg

Edited by Gizmo

As I was reading that comment I thought just how dumb of a statement it was. Seriously, who in their right-mind would actually "want" to get hit?

It's just a dumb comment to even make.

there was a kid on my high school lacrosse team who loved to be hit. He was a beast, but it fired him up if he got hit. IMO, it could be the same for some NHLers.........just speculatin though

The correct answer is: Detroit has a 2-0 lead and is going to spank our puppies.

I want a replica of "Fight Night at the Joe" -- except have it in at the Sommet Center to the theme of Dukes of Hazard.

And of course, D-Mac winning all 12 rounds (that means fighting every 5 minutes for the entire game).

2 wrongs don't make it right! We'll ignore this and play our game!

No but three lefts do. BEAT HIM IN THE HEAD!!!! :boxing:

I'm sorry, that wasn't right.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that he didn't say anything that wasn't said in the Detroit locker room, his statement was just written down. I think if the Wings just stick with their game there shouldn't be any problems. The Preds have played using Tootoo's philosophy every time they have played us, I think he just verbalized it to try and shake up our team. I don't think it will, Detroit has known that this is how they play all along. It's nothing new, just verbalized is all. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The only thing that concerns me is a panicked Nashville team running at our key players in an effort to try and stay in this thing. But I don't think it will have anything to do with Tootoo's statement.

--edited for spelling--

Edited by Lidsyukerberg

Tootoo and Pain Train's fists are going to meet tonight.

You promise????

Train meet whistle... and for the love of god, train, turn off that annoying whistle

i hate hearing TooooooTooooooo