• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
swansoccer13

Hasek..

Rate this topic

"He had no chance" refers to the fact that a goalie can't actively do anything to prevent the goal, sans some positioning.

I realize that. I've played goal since I was 8 and watched the goaltender position slowly fade from reflexive to positional.

Modern goaltending is 90% positioning. Flip on CBC next time MON/BOS are playing,... Carey Price is a good example. Goalies are becoming more aggressive cutting the angles and staying big so they don't have to make the spectacular reflex save on the extremely common deflections in the game now.

By any account, it wasn't a bad goal, but it was most certainly savable.

The new line combos are not working. We need to put the lines the way they were before in games 1 and 2.

Flip looks scared to shoot, and Cleary has been nonexistent.

Our 2 best forwards this game were Hudler and Sammy. What's the world coming to?

I know it'll sounds weird, but were missing Maltby. He, Drapes and Dano were our best line against Calgary last year, Zetterberg and Datsyuk need to get there mojo going, Franzen has been alright, Filpula has been downright awful. Sure couldnt have hurt to pick up a scoring winger at the deadline... I guess the only upside is Hudlers play.

Why is it that everyone always seems to forget the terrible defensive breakdowns that result in these goals? How come nobody blames whoever it was that lost the faceoff on the first goal, or blames Stuart for being miles out of position, leading to a 2 on 1, which caused the second goal? Why is it always the goalie who's the immediate goat? Because of the position he plays?

Shut up and stop complaining about Hasek. That goes for EVERYONE on these forums who complains about him. He's the Wings best player right now, bar none. Did you all already forget the big saves he made in the 1st period, and in the other two games in this series?

Some of the people here are so ridiculous. Instead of blaming the actual player at fault, they almost always blame the goalie. It makes me think that half of the people here don't even watch the games, because if they did, they'd all see what a great job Hasek has done in this series and he's not the one at fault here.

Couldn't have said it better :clap::clap:

Not Dom, it was a team failure. They had the game, tried to sit on the lead, drank their Lang juice, and seemed to just putt around the ice until Nashville got back into it. There's plenty of games where they have a small lead and just lose their step, and that's more fustrating than the play of Hasek. It's playoff time, Nashville played a full 60 minutes, Detroit didn't, and that's why we lost.

Why? Because he should have pulled Hasek when we were up 3-2?

Mickey Redmond will tell you. He predicted what will happen once Babs chose to sit back in that 1-2-2. He kept saying they're gonna get a 3 on 2 rush. Had Babs atleast held 3 back and just forecheck 1 or 2 The Wings most likely would've won this game.

I am not much for throwing blame out at any one player, but I will say this...

The key play for them was the third goal. I do not think anyone can argue that. Without it, the fourth goal most likely does not happen. And I think Dominik Hasek very much should have made a save on that third goal. I'm not saying he single handedly lost the game or is the only person at fault OR that he sucks or needs to be pulled, etc. BUT, a goaltender of Hasek's caliber has to stop that shot. End of story.

All I have to say is Hasek was terrible tonight. Now I have never ever ratted on Hasek before today, but he could not bail us at all! the 2 for 1 goals are really getting tiring, and he isnt putting a stop to it.A horrific effort tonight, but I hope to see him bounce back on Wed!

The third goal was absolutely inexcusable. I'm so mad right now to try to explain why that is.... wow what a friggin stinker that one Hasek let in.

I can't think logically right now so I'll be back later

Goal 1 - playoff type scramble with a tip in front of the net.

Verdict: Not Dom's fault.

Goal 2 - bad bounce off the boards, Radulov buries an empty netter.

Goal 3 - Tootoo dribbles one in the five hole, but he should NOT have made it to the net.

Verdict: Weak goal by Dom, absolutely no help from defense.

Goal 4 - beautiful tip by Radulov, no goalie has a chance on that.

Goal 5 - 2 on 1 where Kronwall plays the shooter instead of the pass, Legwand buries it.

Goal 6 - Awkward slapper from the boards.

Verdict: Dom should've had it.

Goal 7 - Lilja is way out of position, Arnott is allowed to walk right in and set up a perfect slapper top shelf, absolutely no chance for any goalie.

Factor in some of the amazing saves he made in Games 1 and 2 (and 3) and I fail to see how Dom's job should even be questioned at this point.

Edited by nkuehnl

The key play for them was the third goal. I do not think anyone can argue that. Without it, the fourth goal most likely does not happen. And I think Dominik Hasek very much should have made a save on that third goal. I'm not saying he single handedly lost the game or is the only person at fault OR that he sucks or needs to be pulled, etc. BUT, a goaltender of Hasek's caliber has to stop that shot. End of story.

EXACLTY what i was thinking...

Hasek hasn't been terrible by any means, and has even had some very good saves, but it just seems like some of the one's he's letting in are the one's you'd expect him to stop (I'm talking about that 3rd goal specifically... and perhaps the weak 5-hole goal in game 2)

The new line combos are not working. We need to put the lines the way they were before in games 1 and 2.

Flip looks scared to shoot, and Cleary has been nonexistent.

Our 2 best forwards this game were Hudler and Sammy. What's the world coming to?

I agree with you....and Johnny about Babs. This is a strategy issue. Lineups were the problems with this one.

no duh, but goalies are allowed to make mistakes, too. And it doesn't help out that every time the opposing team scores, Lilja falls aslieep the following faceoff and gives up a point blank shot seconds later. Hasek has been the difference-maker in every first period of this series. The team just has to find a way to play 60 minutes of hockey and not make inexcusable errors.

Don't blame it on the fact that the Wings can't get the puck out of their own end 5 on 5 for most of the game. Don't blame it on the fact that the Wings were out shot tonight. Don't blame it on the fact that the Wings came out playing sluggish tonite and gave up odd man rushes all night. Just blame Dom it's much easier!

I realize that. I've played goal since I was 8 and watched the goaltender position slowly fade from reflexive to positional.

Modern goaltending is 90% positioning. Flip on CBC next time MON/BOS are playing,... Carey Price is a good example. Goalies are becoming more aggressive cutting the angles and staying big so they don't have to make the spectacular reflex save on the extremely common deflections in the game now.

By any account, it wasn't a bad goal, but it was most certainly savable.

I will back you up on that. I am only 23 and all my life angles and positioning was POUNDED into my head by my teacher and at every camp. Its the better way to go. If you put yourself in the position to make a save odds are you will. That being said if Hasek cuts down the angle on three out four goals he makes the save. Can't wait for Jimmy to make his way on the team.

Don't blame it on the fact that the Wings can't get the puck out of their own end 5 on 5 for most of the game. Don't blame it on the fact that the Wings were out shot tonight. Don't blame it on the fact that the Wings came out playing sluggish tonite and gave up odd man rushes all night. Just blame Dom it's much easier!

Oh and one more thing. Don't blame it on the fact the Wings PP was dreadful tonite.

I will back you up on that. I am only 23 and all my life angles and positioning was POUNDED into my head by my teacher and at every camp. Its the better way to go. If you put yourself in the position to make a save odds are you will. That being said if Hasek cuts down the angle on three out four goals he makes the save. Can't wait for Jimmy to make his way on the team.

Amen

maybe one of you guys should ask for a try out at training camp next year. certainly with your vast knowledge of goaltending angles/positioning you'll be a lock to make the team. i'm surprised you guys aren't in the NHL right now.

right now we can't seem to handle nashville 5 on 5, and thats why we lost. Dom's been great.