• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
swansoccer13

Hasek..

Rate this topic

I believe the :hehe: after her post signified her joking manner of the post. The amount of crap Loo deals with on these forums, i doubt she even honestly cares anymore. She is no worse than most of the Ozzie fans on here, its just the world of Detroit goaltending that we have to deal with.

Also I believe you crystal ball sucks, because according to the doom and gloom by many of the posters on here, we wont even have to deal with hasek "choking" against other teams because he sucks so hard we can't even get out of the first round. :lol:

"Your opinion is wrong :hehe: "

^^Saying that is the equavilent to what was posted. Anyways i find it highly stupid to see two fans argue over something as both sides are just opinions and nothing more. So this will be my last post. Just keep in mind like some else mentioned that this is a fan forum. No one is an expert and no one has the right to say your opinion is wrong, even if it sounds as stupid as it may.

To wrap it up, i just think hasek needs to pick it up to get as far as the cup finals.

Edited by tommingthepuck96

Hasek was excellent in games 1 and 2 in this series. Could some of you people at least wait and see what happens in game 4 before pushing the panic button? :blink:

you maybe right. Because Wings have a luxury of doing that by taking first 2 games of the series.

just to make it clear, I'm not saying Hasek isn't a great goalie. Just upset that he bombed (IMO) tonight.

"Your opinion is wrong :hehe: "

Saying that is the equavilent to what was posted. Anyways i find it highly stupid to see two fans argue over something as both of sides are just opinions and nothing more. So this will be my last post. Just keep in mind like some else mentioned that this is a fan forum.

To wrap it up, i just think hasek needs to pick it up to go as far as the finals.

Fair enough buddy, no harm done. In the end no matter which goalie anyone supports on here, remember we support a team first and individuals second. Red Wings > Ozzie and Hasek

Both are a part of this team's history, and both will work their asses off to make that history read 11 not 10.

That's where I stopped reading. A cop-out is pretty much what I expected from you, but whatever, you're entitled to your own opinion... it's just stale and stinks up our boards with more negativity.

Have a good night.

Go Wings in 5!

A cop out? Excuse me? What do you call your post then? You want to rip on my opinion with no justification and I ask you to justify yourself and you say I'm copping out as you disappear? Seriously?

For the record, Hasek's sv% is .907 after tonight. This is bottom of the barrel among playoff goalies thus far. Backstroms going to jump way up after tonight. He's playing like mad. About to face 50 shots as it's in OT now. Actually, over, Wild just won...

So it changed direction halfway there. Woopdef***ingdo. If the goalie is playing off the goal line the puck still hits shoulder.

Very true, Hasek plays WAY too deep since he's aged. He used to be hyper aggressive and muck it up outside the crease. He's lost most of his mobility side to side and thats why he plays on the goal line. It's sad cause, if he didn't play so deep a lot more pucks would hit him by accident like they do with Giggy and guys like Turco etc...

Yemack, I completly agree with you!

Back at the game thread, people started critizing Dom, saying he did not have a good game. Which I totally expected and agreed upon. Then out of the blue, someone was like: "ow ya all bash Hasek, when its not his fault, ur all idiots, you know nothing". Well its a discussion thread! People will state their mind, if its far fetched or not. Now if you can't handle this, then I do not understand why you are active here. We do not live in a perfect world, its sad but true. Your gonna get those idiotic posts, but you gotta blow past it, forget about it. If we all agreed like this: "Hasek was not at fault, I think the team was not playing well, anyways I must go as george needs me to help clean the kitchen. Here in our house, we love to work together". Now How much fun would that be? Its ok that people think he doesnt deserve to me in over Ozzie, I mean it seems legit to argue that case anyway...So please people, do not ***** and complain at the ones who state what they believe in, cause its more annoying then those idiotic posts!

also wanted to note

I believe the reason us wing fans are soo pissed about tonights loss, and why everyones freaking out, is the way we lost the game. If it was 2-2 going into OT, and Nashville came out on top, im sure we wouldnt have this riot. So for those who didnt see this bomb going off, well then u must be new

I hope the Wings do hold Hasek accountable somewhat for the loss. Part of Haseks problem is that he isn't held accountable enough in MoTown.

The color commentary from VS said it best (b4 Nashville came down to blown a second one through Hasek in the last 10 seconds) "IN A 3-2 PLAYOFF GAME, YOU GOTTA STOP THOSE." It's an UNSCREENED 80-footer for god's sakes

Guest MrSandMan
A cop out? Excuse me? What do you call your post then? You want to rip on my opinion with no justification and I ask you to justify yourself and you say I'm copping out as you disappear? Seriously?

What type of justification do you want? You made your opinion clear. I just said that your dancing around on the boards rallying hate for Hasek is annoying and it's getting stale.

I'm sorry that I'm not sorry that I cannot spend 12-16hrs a day on an internet message forum, and debate "Hasek's 3rd save was solid" vs. "no, Hasek's 3rd save was only 86.944% above average, how is that a solid save? Ozzy's save would have been 99.677% solid!" with you. I have stuff to do outside of the internet.

You can hate Hasek, it'd just be nice if you could take a day or two off... especially after a s***ty loss (like tonight.)

Well after watching the game it really makes me mad how whenever the preds get a goal we are completely pathetic and look absolutely terrible and are they even thinking out there anymore??? Preds get a lucky deflection goal and we utterly lose all hope and completely panic!!!?? This really needs to be fixed because the opponents are gonna score on us and we can't deal with that or something!? The scary thing is this is the preds... if we get by this series and this problem is not fixed..wow. I just do not understand this problem... Anyways I remember getting our butts handed to us in the 01-02 playoffs to the blues in game 3 and we beat them in 5. Course we have panicked now in two games after being up 2-0... really weird but i really really hope this is fixed cause it is very strange and odd!! :ranting:

I only saw the last 11 minutes of the game. During that time:

1) The Wings looked like they had concrete in their boots.

2) 80% of the time the puck was in our end.

3) On the tying goal, it looked like Hasek was screened by Stuart.

4) On the go-ahead goal our D left Hasek out to dry and the shot was perfectly fired over Hasek's shoulder.

You can't pin that loss on Dom.

4) On the go-ahead goal our D left Hasek out to dry and the shot was perfectly fired over Hasek's shoulder.

I don't think anyone's pinning it squarely on Dom, it's just that we've come to expect our goalies in Detroit to make at least one game saving stop on those four goals, two of which were less-than-spectacular. The manner in which they were scored (2 at a time) does not help our fans' reaction either.

This is Detroit, and we pride ourselves in tearing our goalies apart at will. Don't try to change the system, for the system will destroy you.

Seriously all of this blame Dom s*** for one loss, come on folks, playoff hockey more than any time of the year is about the team, secondary scoring is important, not because of the regular season, ask AO and the caps, it is important because your primary scoring can be shut down, coaches will focus harder on that scoring option, ask AO and the caps. Also team defense becomes more important in the playoffs as well.

Then when you consider that, it was the first playoff game in their barn this season, the crowd was probably really amped (missed the game, for good reasons wink, wink).

If you really want to get nit picky and blame Dom, why not blame the forwards for not scoring more, or the D for not scoring more, or why not blame the forwards for not backchecking hard enough.

OH I know why it is so easy to blame the netminder, because he is on an island, he is the last line of defense.

I used to get so pissed at my teammates in soccer when I would give up a 2-1 goal and they would have the nerve to blame me while they stood at center field and didn't help out on the play.

Sometimes a goalie gets hung out to dry, would you blame Ellis for the game winner in Game one? No Z got a great pass that he could shoot with out stopping the puck therefore Ellis had no shot at it, because he had no clue where Z or the puck were.

Again I didn't see the game but the way people describe the "Weak" goals he gave up, it didn't seem like he had much of a shot.

I will watch the highlights and maybe change my mind, but some pretty reputable posters, who usually are not biased, have told me enough not to blame one person!

Anyone that blames the loss on Hasek is just reacting and trying to point the figure at someone. The team didn't play a full 60 minutes, simple as that.

At the same time, you are wasting your time if you try to suggest Dom shouldn't be faulted for goals 3 and 4, especially the 3rd. There really is no excuse, you have to stop those shots.

I couldn't have said it better myself. We played a 1-2-2 the last 11 minutes, zero forechecking, giving them 100 feet of ice to gain momentum and come plowing into our zone. We needed to play like we were down by 1, instead of sitting back and allowing them to get into our zone uncontested. We didn't have that killer instinct to put them away last night. It was a horrible loss that I don't blame on Dom. We had our chances, and didn't capitalize. This better be the wake up call we needed. The Wings better come out determined to bury them in Game 4. We are a much better team than we showed last night.

Guest ForeChecK

This sig that i found from a different use on these forums sums it up perfectly

Look below :D

In my opinion Dom is like Cujo, He can't perform when he needs to. Yes he won a stanley cup for us, but that team had incredible defense and he was not facing that many shots a game. We need Ozzie in game 4 or we are screwed.

In my opinion Dom is like Cujo, He can't perform when he needs to. Yes he won a stanley cup for us, but that team had incredible defense and he was not facing that many shots a game. We need Ozzie in game 4 or we are screwed.

Why?

OMG all this Hasek bashing is ridiculous. There are no individuals to blame. Whole team screwed up last 4 minutes. Not Hasek alone. We did not play our game and yet we were 4mins from going up 3:0 against Predators. Do you think Osgood is savior or what? Dom might have allowed some bad goals, but he also made some huge saves. So STFU and be a real fan.

QUOTE (Real1 @ April 15, 2008 - 04:45PM) *

Why?

OMG all this Hasek bashing is ridiculous. There are no individuals to blame. Whole team screwed up last 4 minutes. Not Hasek alone. We did not play our game and yet we were 4mins from going up 3:0 against Predators. Do you think Osgood is savior or what? Dom might have allowed some bad goals, but he also made some huge saves. So STFU and be a real fan.

I only say this because he has really tailed off at the end of the season....

Could easlily be down 2-1 right now if it weren't for the play of Hasek. People need to relax. Maybe blame Stuart and Kronwall for being out of position? Just a thought. Or maybe blame the coaches for the horrible line change???? Just another thought.