• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
swansoccer13

Hasek..

Rate this topic

In my opinion Dom is like Cujo, He can't perform when he needs to. Yes he won a stanley cup for us, but that team had incredible defense and he was not facing that many shots a game. We need Ozzie in game 4 or we are screwed.

W/O Hasek we don't beat the Avalanche in '02. Hasek was stellar that series.

wait hold on, so did anyone think Wings were going to sweep the Predators? So basically unless wings win 16 games in a row, we are going to blame Hasek for each loss... The team seems to lose composure when Predators put too much preassure on and Hasek has to bail the wings out every time. I am sure Babcock flipped out on everyone aside from Hasek to start playing all 60 minutes of the game...

I honestly think that there wasn't even one line that was solid defensively all night. Predators even scored with LIdstrom on the ice...

Why?

OMG all this Hasek bashing is ridiculous. There are no individuals to blame. Whole team screwed up last 4 minutes. Not Hasek alone. We did not play our game and yet we were 4mins from going up 3:0 against Predators. Do you think Osgood is savior or what? Dom might have allowed some bad goals, but he also made some huge saves. So STFU and be a real fan.

Well said.

W/O Hasek we don't beat the Avalanche in '02. Hasek was stellar that series.

hahahaha please! that was SIX YEARS AGO! hasek is waaaaaay past his prime, if you deny that, then you don't know good goaltending, or better yet, you don't know how good Dom really was at one point in hs career. He doesn't have it anymore, plain and simple. and I hope he proves me wrong but I'm not too worried about it. Osgood is gonna be an alcoholic after the way he played this season and he's still getting shafted.

hahahaha please! that was SIX YEARS AGO! hasek is waaaaaay past his prime, if you deny that, then you don't know good goaltending, or better yet, you don't know how good Dom really was at one point in hs career. He doesn't have it anymore, plain and simple. and I hope he proves me wrong but I'm not too worried about it. Osgood is gonna be an alcoholic after the way he played this season and he's still getting shafted.

WOW..just wow. Are you even a Red Wings fan? Because only a person who has NO idea about Wings can post something like that. Of course that Dom is past his prime, just like goalie at the age of 40+! And Ozzie is classy guy, just FYI.

Too bad that you are not Wings GM, now it's just dumb Kenny who has no idea about our goalies whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Edited by Reds4Life

Thank you. Someone who I can finally agree with.

Now here is my take on things...I am by no means Dom-Bashing but from what I did see it was a little disheartening....

Yes Goals 1 & 2 were hockey goals, plain and simple, I wasnt upset by them at all....on his part, Team wise it was a bit of a FUBAR...

Goal 3 was my biggest issue....Now I know D did let down, and them going into their Defensive Shell was a poor Choice, but Dom needs to stop that shot....It was far enough away to be out and cut off the angle, and the replay did show he had ample time to see it after the screen moved. Now not saying that he played bad, or has played bad in the series, to the contrary (sp?) I think he has played VERY strong on the shots that seem destined to go in....just not the ones you would expect him to stop.

Maybe it was just me being pissed at the Boys for giving up the Tieing Goal, but did anyone else notice Doms reaction to Arnott's shot?

I didnt see him even attempt to block it, he went down and it looked to me as if he just shrugged at it....no glove coming up, not trying to get infront of it, but shrugged at it....Like I said, it could have been my anger at letting the Game slip away, but even a friend of mine commented that it seemed as if he was just a bit too slow in reacting to it....

And that is my point, I think dom is starting to show his age with some of the saves....5 years ago, that 3rd goal is stopped, same with the 4th....I just think the reflexes arent quite as fast as they once were...

Now after saying that I want to reinterate, that I am by no means Bashing Doms overall play, which has kept us in the series at times where Nashville is swarming...Its just that the goals that seem to be getting by him are mostly seeming to be somewhat "Softies"

Now Lets just hope Dom follows suit with his normal bad game, unbelievable game mentality!

Lets go up 3-1 Tomorrow night boys!

Now Lets just hope Dom follows suit with his normal bad game, unbelievable game mentality!

I'm right there with you Capn... Hasek is going to come back pissed at him self, and sharper than ever.

Guest MrSandMan

wow, all the bitterness on the boards after a tight loss. If Wings would have played 60 minutes last night, this thread would not be hot right now.

Game 3 vs. St. Louis, Dom was pulled in a very similar game of blown assignments and poor play. Games 4 and 5, he was a wall to close out the series. The same will happen here. Dom wasn't pulled last night, obviously, but he will man up and say he probably should've had one of the four goals.

Those of you suggesting that goaltenders are past their prime in their 40's, need to re-evaluate hockey. Goaltending is like pitching in baseball, better with age or experience. Dom will be fine, and any of you suggesting that Ozzie play instead are idiots. Sitting Dom for Game 4 ruins his confidence and gives Nashville something to rally around, that they've chased out the Dominator. And, if Ozzie loses Game 4, then what? If you wanna talk about hypotheticals, you need to address that potential question.

Dom will start every game unless he has an injury. End of story.

Why does Hasek get every game? Osgood was at least as good as him during the season and deserves a start. I'm not blaming Hasek, but there's no way he's that much better than Osgood at this point in his career that he somehow "deserves" to start every game.

Why does Hasek get every game? Osgood was at least as good as him during the season and deserves a start. I'm not blaming Hasek, but there's no way he's that much better than Osgood at this point in his career that he somehow "deserves" to start every game.

because hasek got the nod to start and you dont switch goalies in the playoffs unless something crazy happens.

Osgood buckles under pressure.

Need proof?

All star game

Nuff' Said...

Osgood buckles under pressure.

Need proof?

All star game

Nuff' Said...

hahahaha what?

Since when was the all-star game pressure... poor example

Edited by OsGOD

Now here is my take on things...I am by no means Dom-Bashing but from what I did see it was a little disheartening....

Yes Goals 1 & 2 were hockey goals, plain and simple, I wasnt upset by them at all....on his part, Team wise it was a bit of a FUBAR...

Goal 3 was my biggest issue....Now I know D did let down, and them going into their Defensive Shell was a poor Choice, but Dom needs to stop that shot....It was far enough away to be out and cut off the angle, and the replay did show he had ample time to see it after the screen moved. Now not saying that he played bad, or has played bad in the series, to the contrary (sp?) I think he has played VERY strong on the shots that seem destined to go in....just not the ones you would expect him to stop.

Maybe it was just me being pissed at the Boys for giving up the Tieing Goal, but did anyone else notice Doms reaction to Arnott's shot?

I didnt see him even attempt to block it, he went down and it looked to me as if he just shrugged at it....no glove coming up, not trying to get infront of it, but shrugged at it....Like I said, it could have been my anger at letting the Game slip away, but even a friend of mine commented that it seemed as if he was just a bit too slow in reacting to it....

And that is my point, I think dom is starting to show his age with some of the saves....5 years ago, that 3rd goal is stopped, same with the 4th....I just think the reflexes arent quite as fast as they once were...

Now after saying that I want to reinterate, that I am by no means Bashing Doms overall play, which has kept us in the series at times where Nashville is swarming...Its just that the goals that seem to be getting by him are mostly seeming to be somewhat "Softies"

I think you summed it up pretty well. It's waay to early to be giving up on Dom, but hopefully the entire TEAM plays better tomorrow. If so I see this being 3-1 for sure. But I do hope Hasek retires after this season.

I think you summed it up pretty well. It's waay to early to be giving up on Dom, but hopefully the entire TEAM plays better tomorrow. If so I see this being 3-1 for sure. But I do hope Hasek retires after this season.

I am not a basher of Hasek, or anyone else on the team for that matter!

However, I agree 100% with that last statement you made. I love rooting for the guy and I hope he goes out on top, not just because he is a wing.

But it would be nice to give J-ho a try and it would be deserved to give Ozzie the starter job next year, for all that he did this year. Hasek, IF the wings win the cup, deserves a ton of respect and if he came back next year the start. But I just don't trust that 40+ year old groin.

The only bad goal, in my eyes, that Dom let in was the third goal; he would admit that himself. However, you CANNOT blame him for the loss. Something I've noticed in this series... pretty much everytime Nashville scores, the wings collapse and allow another goal really quick. So, I think this loss can be looked at in a good way to show the wings to not collapse and to simply play their game when scored on... that is why they lossed last night. Lets see, Nashville scored the first goal, wings collapsed and shortly later allowed a 2 on 1 where they scored again. And after that, wings were on their backside until the end of the 2nd. Same thing happend in the 3rd period. So it is NOT dom's fault... it is the team's fault. Now, Babs will address this to the team, the team will fix their problem, Dom will come out like a wall, and wings will play very good hockey tomororw... I predict 5-1 Red wings... so have faith... don't hate on our goaltender for one freakin loss that wasn't even his fault

I only saw the last 11 minutes of the game. During that time:

1) The Wings looked like they had concrete in their boots.

2) 80% of the time the puck was in our end.

3) On the tying goal, it looked like Hasek was screened by Stuart.

4) On the go-ahead goal our D left Hasek out to dry and the shot was perfectly fired over Hasek's shoulder.

You can't pin that loss on Dom.

Exactly. It is nice to see at least some people defend him. After last night's game I was hating on Hasek, I was so mad--but after watching the highlights (it was painful) I realized that our defensive positioning on those final 2 goals was awful. It is easiest to blame the goalie, but in this case it would be the equivilent of Trotz blaming the refs--putting everybody else off the hook for their poor play.

Here are my observations/venting from last night's game:

-First off, Stuart is one of my favorite Wings, but he played awful last night. Just awful. I look forward to him really bouncing back in game 4.

-Secondly, last night was perhaps the first game I saw Cleary really working his ass off in the playoffs. Prior to last night, he has seemed to be on auto-pilot (which I understand to a point because he did miss almost 8 weeks)--so looks like he's turned a corner and hopefully he can start contributing offensively.

-I am coming to realize how much the team is missing Maltby--sorry Hartigan, but I am finding you rather useless out there.

Just in case you would like to know Hasek SV% is .907 that's good for the 12th spot among goalies in the playoffs. His GAA is 2.35 #7

I'm not here to bash him or praise him.

It wouldn't hurt to see Osgood play a game maybe after game 4 but then you would say it would hurt Doms confidence if ya switched Yoda Yoda. Then again we have been rotating the 2 goalies all year. They should be used to this by now. I just want to see OSGOOD get the shot he earned with his great play throughout the year. Did you see Cujo play the other night. I think OSOGGD would play better than Hasek........ :ph34r:

Just in case you would like to know Hasek SV% is .907 that's good for the 12th spot among goalies in the playoffs. His GAA is 2.35 #7

I'm not here to bash him or praise him.

It wouldn't hurt to see Osgood play a game maybe after game 4 but then you would say it would hurt Doms confidence if ya switched Yoda Yoda. Then again we have been rotating the 2 goalies all year. They should be used to this by now. I just want to see OSGOOD get the shot he earned with his great play throughout the year. Did you see Cujo play the other night. I think OSOGGD would play better than Hasek........ :ph34r:

I do think it is reasonable to bring that up. I expect Hasek to bounce back in Game 4, but IF he doesn't, I honestly don't see the harm in giving Ozzie a shot. The Wild used two goalies a few years back and advanced in the playoffs.. it can work..

Question time.

What's the point of carrying Dom's creaky carcass all season long if the defense has to be perfect in order to prevent goals against? Isn't that what having 'The Dominator' around is for?

/rhetorical

The pressure in the all-star game must have been unbearable for Ozzie ... much worse than the 1998 playoffs, when he won 16 games, and the Cup.

I'm not suggesting Ozzie take over the starters job, but I doubt anyone thinks Hasek is physically able to play 25 (or so) straight games in the playoffs, given his health and his age.

Edited by stillwater

Question time.

What's the point of carrying Dom's creaky carcass all season long if the defense has to be perfect in order to prevent goals against? Isn't that what having 'The Dominator' around is for?

/rhetorical

:rolleyes:

I'm not suggesting Ozzie take over the starters job, but I doubt anyone thinks Hasek is physically able to play 25 (or so) straight games in the playoffs, given his health and his age.

If we wrap up this series in 5, which we seem at least capable of doing, do you really think you sit your starter in the WCF or the SCF? Hell no.

I find it odd that people are jumping on Hasek for one or two soft goals. Our other option is Ozzie. I seem to recall more than a handful of softies let in during the playoffs by him... and he is substantially older now- which seems to be the other knock on Hasek right now.