• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 4 GDT: Predators 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Funny, no complaints from Trotz/Nashville now about the officiating after two straight wins. I guess all that whining really did work. The Red Wings are better than blaming a loss on the refs, but tonight's game was poorly called, especially the third period. When did interference become legal again on every dump-in by the Red Wings? Don't call garbage for two periods, and swallow the whistles in the third.

The refs have not been calling alot of fairly obvious calls the whole series in favor of/against (whichever you prefer) both teams. And then calling crap calls to somewhat make up for the missed calls (also for/against both teams).

Now, what's funny is that you can make a statement about Nashville not whining now that the series is tied, but then you can turn around and whine about the officiating in the next sentence?

That's the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

Guest Jeremy88

Anyone who read my comments last night about not cheering for the wings...i didn't mean that. I was dead tired, and I wanted to go to bed so badly, but i stayed up and watched the wings game, and they played like a joke, so i was really pissed off

Anyone who read my comments last night about not cheering for the wings...i didn't mean that. I was dead tired, and I wanted to go to bed so badly, but i stayed up and watched the wings game, and they played like a joke, so i was really pissed off

It wasn't all calls, it was Hasek not stopping long shots.... THere were comments made about Datsyuk and Zetterberg getting dumped alot driving to the net, but they had other chances to score and didn't take advantage. Filppula is pathetic these days and Hasek has to go, he's done.

Guest Jeremy88
It wasn't all calls, it was Hasek not stopping long shots.... THere were comments made about Datsyuk and Zetterberg getting dumped alot driving to the net, but they had other chances to score and didn't take advantage. Filppula is pathetic these days and Hasek has to go, he's done.

As good as Hasek played in games 1 and......eh he played like crap in 2....Osgood HAS to play in game 5, and probably for the rest of the series. Hasek is good, but he's too inconsistent, and he lets in too many easy goals.

Honestly, the only Detroit player I thought actually showed up was Datsyuk. Maybe Cleary, and even they looked a little bit lazy.

Did Robert Lang kidnap Zetterberg and put on Z's jersey???

As good as Hasek played in games 1 and......eh he played like crap in 2....Osgood HAS to play in game 5, and probably for the rest of the series. Hasek is good, but he's too inconsistent, and he lets in too many easy goals.

Honestly, the only Detroit player I thought actually showed up was Datsyuk. Maybe Cleary, and even they looked a little bit lazy.

Lets not go to that extreme yet....Z got dumped everytime he drove the middle, but he did miss an open shot at the beginning.. People don't need to get worried yet, its a best of 7 series, down to a best of 3, with 2 at the Joe. The Pred fans can act however they wish, but the series isnt over yet. This is deja vu from 4 years ago, but the goalies were Legace and CuJo. Ellis gives up far too many rebounds, which could be their downfall if the Wings would charge the net more than they do.

Lets not go to that extreme yet....Z got dumped everytime he drove the middle, but he did miss an open shot at the beginning.. People don't need to get worried yet, its a best of 7 series, down to a best of 3, with 2 at the Joe. The Pred fans can act however they wish, but the series isnt over yet. This is deja vu from 4 years ago, but the goalies were Legace and CuJo. Ellis gives up far too many rebounds, which could be their downfall if the Wings would charge the net more than they do.

THe old addage is: Your not in trouble in the playoffs until you lose at home. I felt like crap after losing games 3 and 4 last year, and then look what happened. Our boys have been there, done that, and they want this. No panic here.

Go Wings!

Dom the diva is done!!!!!! The future is now!!!! Ozzie is the MAN!

I still see no intensity in these guys...do they think they're that good? Babs better put a fire under these guys! As much as I like Flip, I think he has flopped! Lebs chokes.....Babs, go to plan B...bring in Abby....Mac should get more time....Detroit has to remember playoff hockey is about sacrifice and not about finesse. Pretty plays are far & few in the playoffs!

Ok, so here's how I'm choosing to look at this. On Friday, we start a best-of-three series against Nashville, with two games at home. Forget everything that has happened so far. All of it. Chris Osgood will start, some new guys will enter the line-up and things will be okay. The series starts Friday.

Good night.

... sigh ....

I love you. Will you marry me??

:rolleyes:

That's pretty much how I felt since last night; but have to say that this is much more fun than last season was for us hockey 'hicks'!!! But if we can take one from y'all at the Joe... Legwand has always played like a maniac in Motown and we may see if he's the difference in picking up our first playoff road win.

All I can say is that I'm more than happy to be able to use my tickets for Game 6 here in NashVegas to see my Pred's push the team that took the President's trophy to the brink in the playoffs in a season/year when we had to fight for our very existence as a fan base. Words can't describe what we have been feeling the last couple of months to what we have borne witness to. It's really been unreal.

That's pretty much how I felt since last night; but have to say that this is much more fun than last season was for us hockey 'hicks'!!! But if we can take one from y'all at the Joe... Legwand has always played like a maniac in Motown and we may see if he's the difference in picking up our first playoff road win.

All I can say is that I'm more than happy to be able to use my tickets for Game 6 here in NashVegas to see my Pred's push the team that took the President's trophy to the brink in the playoffs in a season/year when we had to fight for our very existence as a fan base. Words can't describe what we have been feeling the last couple of months to what we have borne witness to. It's really been unreal.

You can thank Bettman for the euphoria you feel. You can also thank the Illitch's and a number of other teams for helping to support your team down there in the financial sense. Legwand was held in check last night, but if he would show the effort against other teams that he shows vs Detroit, he would lead the league in scoring.

NOPE... cause the man in Z's jersey didn't score to send us to OT :angry:

Edited by OsGOD

You can thank Bettman for the euphoria you feel. You can also thank the Illitch's and a number of other teams for helping to support your team down there in the financial sense. Legwand was held in check last night, but if he would show the effort against other teams that he shows vs Detroit, he would lead the league in scoring.

I thank him everyday!! Just liked I thanked John Ziegler for not allowing the Blues to move to Saskatoon in 1983 either when I was a kid in West St. Louis County!!! As far as the cash goes, thanks for that too! The BoG and the NHLPA agreed to it so that's their deal. Hopefully a better lease and local ownership to get more suits in the lower bowl will get us in the black so we can share our good fortune when the Loonie hits 60 cents on the US dollar again. The game should be protected in its homeland and also shared and allowed to grow into new markets.

Legwand just adds more to deal with for the Wings that creates opportunities for secondary scoring for us. If it takes pressure off of our top line, then it can open up more scoring chances there and so on. We had some chances in Games 1 & 2 that we didn't convert and might have buried some of those pucks had our match-ups been better at the time.

The Predators survived game 4, once Osgood hit the net its like the team was re-energized. All these 2 games did is re-focus us, Hasek did let in 2 soft goals as much as i like him.

The refs have not been calling alot of fairly obvious calls the whole series in favor of/against (whichever you prefer) both teams. And then calling crap calls to somewhat make up for the missed calls (also for/against both teams).

Now, what's funny is that you can make a statement about Nashville not whining now that the series is tied, but then you can turn around and whine about the officiating in the next sentence?

That's the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

I never blamed the two losses solely on officiating like Nashville did. I thought game four was poorly called, but it wasn't the reason the Red Wings lost. Trotz and Nashville made it seem as though the refs handed the Red Wings their two wins. It's strange those complaints are nowhere to be found now since they won two straight.

Edited by GoWings1905