• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gsusluvshockey

why?

Rate this topic

Why is Versus not allowed to show the Wings game in my local broadcasting area (Central KY)?

I'm not in either Detroit or Nashville's broadcasting areas. How else am I supposed to watch the game? I'm trying to watch it on some website but the lag is horrible.

Why?

Are people in Nashville able to watch the game on Versus?

Are people in Detroit able to watch the game on Versus?

What are the "Broadcasting Restrictions" that don't allow Versus to show the game in my area?

Please, someone give me an answer.

Are people in Nashville able to watch the game on Versus?

Are people in Detroit able to watch the game on Versus?

What are the "Broadcasting Restrictions" that don't allow Versus to show the game in my area?

Please, someone give me an answer.

That's very strange, does it say it is blacked out?

Versus is a national broadcast, so unless you have it on another channel, you should be able to watch it on Versus.

I am in Dallas so all Stars games are blacked out on Versus but there is always some local channel carrying it. If you can search on your channel guide, I would suggest trying to find it somewhere else.

speaking of which, was anyone else's feed of the game in horrible quality? I'm talking about watching the game on Versus (via CBC). Our image quality was basically internet quality. Terrible.

Why is Versus not allowed to show the Wings game in my local broadcasting area (Central KY)?

I'm not in either Detroit or Nashville's broadcasting areas. How else am I supposed to watch the game? I'm trying to watch it on some website but the lag is horrible.

Why?

I don't think you're supposed to be blacked out. This happened in PA with the Devils/Rangers game on Sunday. Only if you are within 50 miles of either participating team's city is the game supposed to be blacked out. I'd call VS and tell them about it, they'll look it up to make sure. The rep I spoke with regarding being blacked out on Sunday was super-nice, but they didn't get it fixed before the game was over. But telling them that there is a problem might prevent it from happening again--I got tonight's Devils/Rangers game.

speaking of which, was anyone else's feed of the game in horrible quality? I'm talking about watching the game on Versus (via CBC). Our image quality was basically internet quality. Terrible.

My HD picture was reduced to a square, I was not impressed by the picture quality that cbc delivered via versus.

I don't think you're supposed to be blacked out. This happened in PA with the Devils/Rangers game on Sunday. Only if you are within 50 miles of either participating team's city is the game supposed to be blacked out. I'd call VS and tell them about it, they'll look it up to make sure. The rep I spoke with regarding being blacked out on Sunday was super-nice, but they didn't get it fixed before the game was over. But telling them that there is a problem might prevent it from happening again--I got tonight's Devils/Rangers game.

I just called versus and apparently if you live 200 miles away from Nashville, you are still in their blackout zone. They told me I should watch it on FSN South but I don't have south.

This is ridiculous.

ok i know i'll get some crap for saying this, but it is times like tonight when I wish the NHL had a tv contract with ESPN. The good thing is they have several different channels (like ESPNU and ESPN Classic) so when a game is still going on when the next is supposed to be starting they can direct the ones who want to watch the 2nd game to one of the other channels instead of people just missing out on their game. I shouldn't complain, because all I missed were two goals being scored against us, and at least the Wings are on tv more than others (at least so far in the playoffs), but something needs to be worked out. I have the center ice package but I'm getting blacked out of a lot of playoff games and was again tonight because the game was coming on versus 30 minutes after the opening face off!!

P.S. Boy am I glad the rangers-devils game didn't go to OT...then I would have been really mad (because I bet Versus would have kept their studio guys talking during the entire intermission instead of showing the wings game for at least 15-20 minutes)!! Bottom line...joining in progress is horrible....but still better than no tv at all...but not by much!

I just called versus and apparently if you live 200 miles away from Nashville, you are still in their blackout zone. They told me I should watch it on FSN South but I don't have south.

This is ridiculous.

What a bummer for you. I am in Alabama and have Charter cable....i was able to get the game on versus, but it was listed as being on FSN south, but since it's a regional thing they hardly ever show the hockey game when they are supposed to (which happened tonight). Does the federal government set the regulations about blackouts? If so I think that it is about time that they get rid of blackout restrictions....or networks at least allow people to stream things online because there's nothing that'll ruin your day like looking forward to watching a big game on tv and finding out just as the thing is starting that you are blacked out and no one really knows why or can do anything about it.........

Sorry that you were blacked out! Hopefully next game you won't have problems since they won't be joining in progress (and maybe it'll be an actual versus feed instead of CBC feed)....

This is ridiculous.

Wow, that's some crazy BS right there. They seriously need to do something about their blackout restrictions, it's absolutely ridiculous, I think that if you don't live within a reasonable driving distance of the team then you should get to watch it on TV ... don't know how they expect to have fans any other way. I know that the fiasco in PA made the Philadelphia Inquirer, so maybe that'll help motivate them to fix it.

What a bummer for you. I am in Alabama and have Charter cable....i was able to get the game on versus, but it was listed as being on FSN south, but since it's a regional thing they hardly ever show the hockey game when they are supposed to (which happened tonight). Does the federal government set the regulations about blackouts? If so I think that it is about time that they get rid of blackout restrictions....or networks at least allow people to stream things online because there's nothing that'll ruin your day like looking forward to watching a big game on tv and finding out just as the thing is starting that you are blacked out and no one really knows why or can do anything about it.........

Sorry that you were blacked out! Hopefully next game you won't have problems since they won't be joining in progress (and maybe it'll be an actual versus feed instead of CBC feed)....

I believe that the individual leagues deal with the blackouts; if I'm not mistaken, MLB is thinking about changing their restrictions soon.

My HD picture was reduced to a square, I was not impressed by the picture quality that cbc delivered via versus.

Not living in Canada I am sure that CBC delivers the picture in full HD, but Versus chose to pick up the "cheaper" varient. That's just a guess though, perhaps CBC always looks that bad. Color was non-existant and most players faces looked washed out, especially on bench shots.

Another reason to be pissed about last night. :ranting:

That's very strange, does it say it is blacked out?

Versus is a national broadcast, so unless you have it on another channel, you should be able to watch it on Versus.

I am in Dallas so all Stars games are blacked out on Versus but there is always some local channel carrying it. If you can search on your channel guide, I would suggest trying to find it somewhere else.

It was a national broadcast, but not an exclusive national broadcast. FSN Detroit covered the game, so anyone in that region didn't get the Versus game. Also, the Preds local affiliate had the game as well. For everyone to view the game, the broadcaster must own exclusive rights to the game. Versus doesn't get that until Round 3 I believe.

200 MILES FROM NASHVILLE!! What a load of BS man. The game was a sellout, doesn't that eliminate blackout restrictions?

Why does it have to be so damn hard to be a Wings fan in this part of the country. I'm thinking about getting a slingbox and putting it on my Mom's TV back in Muskegon next season.

F VS.

F Time Warner Cincinnati

Edited by cincywingfan

200 MILES FROM NASHVILLE!! What a load of BS man. The game was a sellout, doesn't that eliminate blackout restrictions?

no, that usually eliminates blackout of local channels ... but versus or center ice gets blacked out if a local channel carries it ... for example, i can't get any caps games on center ice or versus because i get the local feed ...

and yes, the quality was terrible last night, versus is usually pretty good but last night was rough ...

Not living in Canada I am sure that CBC delivers the picture in full HD, but Versus chose to pick up the "cheaper" varient. That's just a guess though, perhaps CBC always looks that bad. Color was non-existant and most players faces looked washed out, especially on bench shots.

Another reason to be pissed about last night. :ranting:

Actually, the real reason is that CBC only has one HD truck and it was in Ottawa last night (for that ultra-exciting series). So it was only broadcast in standard definition. When CBC games are in HD they are carried on VS as such.

Actually, the real reason is that CBC only has one HD truck and it was in Ottawa last night (for that ultra-exciting series). So it was only broadcast in standard definition. When CBC games are in HD they are carried on VS as such.

My Lord, even then this has got to be one of the worst standard broadcasts I have seen in a long time. Everytime they showed a bench shot everyone looked like ghosts...yikes!

Is this standard defnition truck built pre or post 1970s? :scared:

There should be no national blackouts - period! If the game is on Versus AND your local FSN - so be it - then you - as the consumer - get to CHOSE which station you want to watch it on. Some will prefer the local broadcasters, some the national. After all, we are the ones PAYING for these services.

I get stuck with the local yokels when my market game in Denver is on Versus and ALT - but as a paying consumer it should be my choice!

The best you can do is i) call and complain and ii) stream it online anyways. I had to stream last night because my damn directv went out because of snow. :angry:

My Lord, even then this has got to be one of the worst standard broadcasts I have seen in a long time. Everytime they showed a bench shot everyone looked like ghosts...yikes!

Is this standard defnition truck built pre or post 1970s? :scared:

Yea, the cbc feed was terrible, if they dont have the game in HD their picture quality always sucks, at least where im at. Luckily i get FSN detroit too, they didnt have it in HD but the pic was still way better then cbcs..neways, i live in Toledo which is well within the 200 mile range of Detroit but I still get the FSN coverage..now when the blue jackets were still playing ALL of their games were blacked out on FSN ohio for me, not that i really cared

There should be no national blackouts - period! If the game is on Versus AND your local FSN - so be it - then you - as the consumer - get to CHOSE which station you want to watch it on. Some will prefer the local broadcasters, some the national. After all, we are the ones PAYING for these services.

I get stuck with the local yokels when my market game in Denver is on Versus and ALT - but as a paying consumer it should be my choice!

The best you can do is i) call and complain and ii) stream it online anyways. I had to stream last night because my damn directv went out because of snow. :angry:

bro, you got snow yesterday? i'm in mid-michigan---generally snow's last resort before giving up for the summer. sorry for your luck, pal... :hehe: