• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

Will You Be Surprised If We Lose?

Rate this topic

I, honestly, never expect to beat any team in a playoff series. Sure, I think we should beat certain teams, and that we are capable of beating any team in a series, but I NEVER expect it. After the Ducks Debacle in 03, and the Oilers in 06 I learned that the Wings (any version of them) can be beaten by any team over the course of 7 games (or 4).

But if we were to lose to the Preds in this series will you be genuinely surprised?

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

At this point, no, because anything can happen. It's a best-of-three series now. They can play the best game of their lives and still lose due to crappy officiating and bad bounces.

Yes definitely, at least the other years the team that beat us had foreseeable ways to win. Nashville in my opinion is the weakest first round match up we've had this decade.

Our team are the Atlanta Braves. We're the biggest playoff chokers in sports, so I don't see what the surprise is. Even if we win this series, I'm having a hard time visualizing us beating the better teams out there in the league.

Nashville is not the cream of the crop.

I've learned not to get very emotionally involved in Round 1's over the years with the red wings. I don't jump in with both feet until after they get out of the first round.

That being said, YES, i'd be pretty shocked. Nashville sucks, whether anyoen wants to admit it or not. They're a terrible team, but they have work ethic going for them and right now they're playing harder than Detroit. Talent wise, they're terrible.

Either that or maybe it's just the parity that pisses me off in the league these days...

The way they controlled the 3rd period of game 4 even in a loss makes me think they will come back strong and learn from this game. If they play like that then yes I would be surprised if they lost.

Point to remember many fans here in earlier discussions said there are positives to a 5/6 game series. Hopefully we can focus on the positives of a 2 game win streak momentum going into round 2.

Honestly, no I wouldn't be surprised at all. And I'm not being negative because the Preds tied up the series either. This team just doesn't seem to "have it" if you will. I've felt this way most of the season.

They were on a great run before the all-star break when they were firing on all cylinders. Then they went on their downward slide and haven't been the same since.

Edited by Copenhagen848

So evidently nashville doesnt suck or is not the worst team since yall are bashing us and we just took back our 2 games, yes i will admit you have better players but all the whining and moaning on this site is horrible, what ever happened to sticking by your team (Hasek), the guy played great all season then loses a couple and now he is washed up. If Detroit fans hate him so much why dont you trade him to nashville, im sure will be willing to take him.

I've learned not to get very emotionally involved in Round 1's over the years with the red wings. I don't jump in with both feet until after they get out of the first round.

That being said, YES, i'd be pretty shocked. Nashville sucks, whether anyoen wants to admit it or not. They're a terrible team, but they have work ethic going for them and right now they're playing harder than Detroit. Talent wise, they're terrible.

Either that or maybe it's just the parity that pisses me off in the league these days...

Ditto for me about the emotional part. The 1st Round is always a struggle for the Wings, because they let it be. I don't even really get nervous anymore for the games, just because it seems so predictable.

So evidently nashville doesnt suck or is not the worst team since yall are bashing us and we just took back our 2 games, yes i will admit you have better players but all the whining and moaning on this site is horrible, what ever happened to sticking by your team (Hasek), the guy played great all season then loses a couple and now he is washed up. If Detroit fans hate him so much why dont you trade him to nashville, im sure will be willing to take him.

He'd look perfect in your piss colored uniform.

You can have him.

the guy played great all season

No he hasn't, far from it.

I've wanted Ozzie to be the no. 1 guy all season. When Hasek has a bad game, it's REALLY bad. Ozzie, like every goalie, will let in a soft goal every now and then. Hasek however does it often and and they usually result in huge, momentum changing goals.

But if we were to lose to the Preds in this series will you be genuinely surprised?

Yes, because we are a better team. Of course, if we don't play up to our potential, well... :rolleyes:

Here is something to think about. The Preds were a below average team on the road, and but better than average at home. There were only 6 teams that had a bigger spread between home and away wins than the Preds, and 9 teams with a bigger spread in losses. The Preds are a much better team at home than they are on the road. They remind me a lot of last years Flames.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if they did beat the Wings. All they have to do is win one game at the Joe. Like I said at the beginning of the season, this team isn't strong enough to win the Cup. That's not doom and gloom, just my opinion. The Wings are to weak up front beyond Hank and Pasha, not deep enough on d, and the tandem of Ozzie and Dom isn't good enough to overcome the rest of the shortcomings.