• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

Will You Be Surprised If We Lose?

Rate this topic

I've learned not to get very emotionally involved in Round 1's over the years with the red wings. I don't jump in with both feet until after they get out of the first round.

That being said, YES, i'd be pretty shocked. Nashville sucks, whether anyoen wants to admit it or not. They're a terrible team, but they have work ethic going for them and right now they're playing harder than Detroit. Talent wise, they're terrible.

Either that or maybe it's just the parity that pisses me off in the league these days...

I agree, the Red Wings, even back in the day, always had trouble in the first round. If they get back to basics, and play their hearts out ( that means skate fast, and start hitting hard on the forechecks, and making coordinated attacks on the Nashville Net) friday night, then they should be able to get past these players for Nashville.

The parity in the league that bothers me the most is the one these so-called referees bring to the game, I for one am absolutely nauseated at their unprofessionalism and inconsistency, so much so, I won't go on.........I would burst out into a string of expletives that this board has never seen before.

Words to Wings: Settle down, control the puck, forecheck hard, and get Franzen and Homer in front of the net a lot more than you have.

I'd be pissed... and the only reason I'd be pissed would be because there is no doubt we're better than them.

So because we are clearly the better team I would obviously be surprised.

I'm not ready to take a loss. We've got veterans and for the most part they know how to keep their composure. God, they had to have learned something from the last 25 first round exits. There is no way we're losing to Hicktown.

Guest DetroitBoy313
I don't even really get nervous anymore for the games, just because it seems so predictable.

AMEN!!! The Red Wings are just too damn predictable these days.Ever since that damn f--kin Anaheim series in 03' we're f--kin cursed man.First rounds now are a nightmare for Red Wings fans it's absolutely ridiculous.After last night's game believe or not people call me what you want but after that first goal I knew the game was over and I stopped watching after the 2nd Nashville goal.Soo NO I wouldn't be surprised if the Red Wings lost which is really really sad.

I'd be pissed... and the only reason I'd be pissed would be because there is no doubt we're better than them.

So because we are clearly the better team I would obviously be surprised.

I'm not ready to take a loss. We've got veterans and for the most part they know how to keep their composure. God, they had to have learned something from the last 25 first round exits. There is no way we're losing to Hicktown.

Having veterans is the most overrated thing in sprots as the Wings have shown in meltdowns in the past. The younger teams seem to be hungrier than the Wings, which more than makes up for lack of veteran leadership, especially when you consider that the best leadership is that by example.

Individual players start trying to do too much (hello Dion Phaneuf) instead of just playing their role on the team. It doesn't take much for one player to negate everyone else on the ice.

I think that is what is happening to the Wings. They are not playing that complete team game they did through the regular season. They need to refocus on their individual roles on this team and stick to that role. Calm down, play the killer team game. To me the reason for the Wings success is that their style leads to impatience on the part of the opposition - impatience leads to bad decisions and bad decisions lead to Wings goals.

Stop worrying and just enjoy the game. I don't think the Wings will win the Cup, but I think they'll beat the Preds. There's lots of hockey left to play.

I'm outta here.

:burnout:

Great post. I am quite sure that this team WANTS to win the cup. They just need to get their heads out of their collective behinds and play the way that they did for most of the season.

This is a better team than last years team over all. The difference? Last years team didn't sit back and let the other teams dictate the pace. They hit everything that moved. They won the battles in the corners and they TOOK IT to the other teams that were bigger and more physical. They also had a goaltender that had something to prove. Dom isn't playing with the same fire as last year. He needs to be watching from the bench for a while.

Good points. But I'd still rather take a chance on Huet who's been great the past two seasons over a 100 year old goalie who's groin could snap at any second.

Especially if Huet could have been had for a 2nd rounder. That's no gamble at all.

Ray Emery was and is available.

I don't really think Ray would be ok signing with a team that doesn't have a member his age.

Any ways, after the game last night, i really would be surprised if they lost. I mean, Franzy scored the winning goal! Well, preds just have to watch their backs.