• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings1914

JLA Fans Are Pathetic

Rate this topic

I swear to god, how does a team that has been around for 10 years in a redneck city (sorry, anger coming out right now...) has an arena that is that fricken raucous....This is getting pathetic. Nashville feeds off their crowd. If our boys fed off our crowd then they would be anorexic and dying. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE HOCKEYTOWN, THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS EVERYONE GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND MAKE SOME NOISE OR DONT BUY THE TICKETS!!!! I bet if we make it all the way to the cup that our arena wouldnt be that loud. It breaks my heart to see this. Please make noise. Please be raucous. Chant, get the boards rocking, toss those octopi. wear red, hell lets get a sea of red. Those boys will reward you I guarentee it.

Game 1 was loud, Game 2 looked loud.

The Preds fans have a reason to be noisy. They are handing the best team in the NHL their asses. They crippled Hasek in under 40 seconds 3 times in a row. They have a guy that will run around and do what they expect him to do...

AND...

They are the underdog.

Anybody that reads this and has tickets will most likely not be one of the quiet ones.

Yeah I know and if it wasn't for them we would be the quietest arena in the league. I want to be able blast my surround sound during the game and get goosebumps.....not just a headache from loud commentary...

The problem is that half the seats are used for business meetings.

Guranteed income.

Nashville had a writeup last year in their local news paper stating that they need more corporate seats to sell.

its all about mic placement in the arenas and the speakers on your sound system... until you attend a gave live in said arena... your commenting on the sounds of the arena is revoked.

Games 1 and 2 were louder than any concert i have ever been to

for some reason, the broadcasts are distorting the loudness. I'm sure you hear times when the crowd is really loud, and all of a sudden it's like it's tuned out. They have control over the audio in the arena.. for some reason i think they allow more crowd noise to air in the arenas like nashville and calgary/edmonton.. whereas in detroit they tune them out. I honestly think that our fans are just as loud as the other teams', it's just that the noise isn't picked up by our broadcasts.

p.s. anyone agree that the camera man tonight sucked?? It looked like he was shooting from outside the arena, it was so far away. ZOOM IN!!

Game 1 was loud, Game 2 looked loud.

The Preds fans have a reason to be noisy. They are handing the best team in the NHL their asses. They crippled Hasek in under 40 seconds 3 times in a row. They have a guy that will run around and do what they expect him to do...

AND...

They are the underdog.

And, they're happy as hell that they didn't lose their team.

I swear to god, how does a team that has been around for 10 years in a redneck city (sorry, anger coming out right now...) has an arena that is that fricken raucous....This is getting pathetic. Nashville feeds off their crowd. If our boys fed off our crowd then they would be anorexic and dying. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE HOCKEYTOWN, THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS EVERYONE GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND MAKE SOME NOISE OR DONT BUY THE TICKETS!!!! I bet if we make it all the way to the cup that our arena wouldnt be that loud. It breaks my heart to see this. Please make noise. Please be raucous. Chant, get the boards rocking, toss those octopi. wear red, hell lets get a sea of red. Those boys will reward you I guarentee it.
Then why don't you buy $845438905 tickets and "be raucous" yourself!?

:rolleyes:

AND...

They are the underdog.

That's a lame excuse.

Perhaps if the majority of fans in attendance would realize that playoff wins are tough to get no matter against who, the team might do the same.

I don't understand how you can go to a playoff game at JLA and not be loud and excited. I guess majority is corporate guests these days... :angry:

That's a lame excuse.

Perhaps if the majority of fans in attendance would realize that playoff wins are tough to get no matter against who, the team might do the same.

I don't understand how you can go to a playoff game at JLA and not be loud and excited. I guess majority is corporate guests these days... :angry:

have you been to a playoff game at the joe... just asking... cause i have been to several and see all the naysayers claims way off base...

....but i usually find they don't even bother going to the games so their claims are moot anyways.

Honestly though, I thought the Joe was loud in the first 2 games.

It sure as hell doesn't come across that way on TV. Granted that JLA is old and perhaps the way mics are set up to carry the noise for TV is better in the newer arenas, no clue.

Whatever it is, it seems whichever place we are vistiting is WAY louder than anything at JLA, at least on TV.

have you been to a playoff game at the joe... just asking... cause i have been to several and see all the naysayers claims way off base...

....but i usually find they don't even bother going to the games so their claims are moot anyways.

Never have, wish I could. See my post below about potentially it just appearing less loud on TV.

Believe me, if I was there I would be loud as hell. I had season tickets to hockey in Berlin, Germany, went to literally all games, standing room only with a 1.5 hour drive one way. I didn't come to sit and sip champagne. :D

Forgive me if I'm off base but as a Wings fan I always thought we were so spoiled as fans we have adopted an air of snobbery. We find it silly to cheer so loudly for things as meaningless as clearing the puck out of the zone on a power play, or simply blocking a shot. I know I find it almost annoying at times when teams cheer every single thing like they just won the game, and boo just as commonly. Granted exiling Booing seems more socially accepted, I think feeling that way for being too emphatic is the next step.

Of course you could simply just say we're quieter because much like Barry Sanders never celebrated touch downs because he wanted to act like he'd been their before, and well as fans we've seen out team do it all.

I do have to say this years has been better, I imagine the further those memories of our last come become, the more our fanbase will vocally display themselves at games.

Edit: Just to clear things up I may seem to be overgeneralizing, I don't mean to say everyone feels this way.

Edited by Vincanni

I haven't gotten to one yet this year (hopefully I will have a shot in round two......cough cough) but it sure as hell seems like the preds fans are always standing up and hooting and hollering. They were standing I think the last four mins of the game and going wild. I would kill to see that at our games.

Hell, if its loud now (according to some on here) lets make it louder. Bring bottles full of change or those stupid hand clappers or anything. Hell even sneak an airhorn in like the good old days.

I've been to games at both the Sommet and the JLA and even in a regular season matchup - the Sommet wins for loudness.

disclaimer: I've never been to a playoff game at the JLA - just regular season. I've been to the GEC/Sommet for both regular season and playoffs.

Maybe it's the design of the building, I dunno, but that friggin place is loud.

Or, as someone else pointed out - the JLA crowd could be a tad spoiled.

The Sommet crowd is the group of kids who still believe in Santa Claus - they cheer and scream because it's all new (playoffs, etc).

I was at Game 2 and it was AWESOME! The atmosphere was out of this world and it was loud as HELL! (I imagine hell to be a place where it is very loud...perhaps directly next to some very busy freeway).

I have to think that it has more to do with the mics. Honestly, I have hated these games in Nashville as much as I hate watching an unsuccessful Wings game with my dad and brother (both religious Leafs fans and Wings haters). When the Wings are getting stonewalled, or are getting scored on etc., and the ridiculously proportioned crowd noise is BLARING through the surround sound, it literally pisses me off. I've never been as pissed off after a Wings loss as I have been these past 2, and I honestly think the crowd noise has played a major role. So either the mics are blowing the noise way out of proportions, which is what I suspect, or for some inexplicable reasons, Nashville fans LOOOOVE their hockey. I don't know. I'd love to hear from someone who has been to game (preferably playoff games) in numerous venues to get a realistic comparison. I don't think that people can simply compare TV crowd noise, because there may be more to it than that.

Fackin A!!! you know, you can knock Nashville all you want but thier fans show more support at the game then the JLA. Yes they can afford it easier but still this is supposed to be "hockeytown". I will be at game five and I will be the roudious facker there but when people post threads bitching about the chants said at the Joe it is discouraging to some. Just because some have there undies so far up thier arse that they don;t know how to have a good time. It was said here not a week ago that we should not even leave our seats to get beer or use the bathroom.

Bottom line is the players feel the support. Nashville feed off of it, lets give our boys the same. If it has the slimist possiblity to effect the Preds players should we not?

i wholeheartedly agree! ive been watching games from every series and i swear the JLA is one of the quietest. montreal wins by a mile for volume, boston has been good, washington is completely insane! philly sounded decent, msg and the rock were pretty loud, i saw game 3 in ottawa and it started out rocking, even with that stupid gladiator. our 3rd and 4th line guys especially love it when the crowd is going wild and i can only imagine how d-mac will react. MAKE SOME GODDAMN NOISE!!!!