• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Firehawk

What are the preds fans saying after a goal?

Rate this topic

Let's see,

They have:

taken from a Tim McGraw song

taken from Kansas City Chiefs

taken from NHL live

taken throwing catfish over octipus from Red Wings

Is there ANYTHING that they've come up with on their own?

I was at the game last night, and I'll tell you, I'll never go back. One of the Pred "dancers" called me a b.i.t.c.h, as I was walking past her.

I kept getting hit in the back of the head, on purpose, by the guy sitting behind me.

And my family got mooned in the parking garage, while that fan was yelling, "Go home Yankees, Red Wings suck."

I have never been to a game at the Joe, as I live here in TN, but I hope to hell that our fans don't treat visting team's fan's like we were treated last night. For being known for the hospitality, Nashville Pred fans, YOU SUCK!

Wow, classy!

We see a ton of wings fans here in Denver when we go to games at the Pepsi Center but I can tell you that they don't have to go through that. Sure they might get some crap talked to them but I never see nothing more than that. Oh, and the occasional "red wings suck" chant which is followed by "let's go red wings" by a section of red wings fans... lol... We had this one guy sitting next to us and he was worse than anyone in the entire buidling I swear, he wouldn't shut up and alot of the avs fans (including me!) we starting to get sick of him!

Edited by tiff_luvs_homer

I've been to plenty of Blues games where they started up the "red wings suck" chants.....anyone else remember that game in 03 with all the fighting at the end? I was there and had to watch out cause there were reports of Blues fans roughing it up with anyone wearing red, some ppl even ended up in the hospital.

I registered to respond to this thread specifically. I'm a "misplaced" Red Wings fan in Tennessee. I must say that when I moved down here three years ago, I really wanted to support the Predators since they were my new hometown team. I bought a jersey, got season tickets with my husband, and we were off to our first game in Nashville. Simply because I lacked a southern accent and because I was open and honest about moving here from Michigan, I was ridiculed, hit on the back of the head with thundersticks whenever the Predators scored (these were games that Nashville wasn't even playing Detroit), and I was spit on during a game that Detroit played in Nashville and scored a goal. Apparently, I made a huge mistake on day one of being a season ticket holder in Nashville by ever trying to befriend other season ticket holders in my section. Mind you, this is only a handful of Predators fans I'm referring to, but they sure left a bad taste in my mouth. Predators fans are insanely jealous of Detroit's lengthy history, accomplishments, and knowledgeable fans.

Here is a link to cell block 303 at the Sommet Center in Nashville. This is the "taunt" page with a rundown of several repetitive chants by the Nashville fans:

Taunts

If you're talking about the thing during the actual Goal Song....

We're gonna beat the hell outta you! And you! And you! And You-And you-And You!

And that was actually taken from the Kansas City Chiefs.

Well won't that be bleeding with irony when the preds move to KC.

Thing that annoys me most is that they play the I like it, I love it song after EVERY FREAKIN GOAL!! I can't stand that song to begin with, let alone hearing it over and over and over again

We need to keep the puck out of the net for my sanity's sake

I registered to respond to this thread specifically. I'm a "misplaced" Red Wings fan in Tennessee. I must say that when I moved down here three years ago, I really wanted to support the Predators since they were my new hometown team. I bought a jersey, got season tickets with my husband, and we were off to our first game in Nashville. Simply because I lacked a southern accent and because I was open and honest about moving here from Michigan, I was ridiculed, hit on the back of the head with thundersticks whenever the Predators scored (these were games that Nashville wasn't even playing Detroit), and I was spit on during a game that Detroit played in Nashville and scored a goal. Apparently, I made a huge mistake on day one of being a season ticket holder in Nashville by ever trying to befriend other season ticket holders in my section. Mind you, this is only a handful of Predators fans I'm referring to, but they sure left a bad taste in my mouth. Predators fans are insanely jealous of Detroit's lengthy history, accomplishments, and knowledgeable fans.

Here is a link to cell block 303 at the Sommet Center in Nashville. This is the "taunt" page with a rundown of several repetitive chants by the Nashville fans:

Taunts

I've felt that way so many times. I was born in Ypsi but moved here when I was 7. The next year Nashville was awarded a franchise, so naturally I cheered for them. There are an extreme amount of douchebags there. After one game I even saw a Preds couple try to pick a fight with a Red Wings couple....WHO HAD THEIR BABY WITH THEM (almost happened too). I've been through some of the same stuff you had, getting hit on the head, getting stuff thrown at me etc. One person even did it to my mom. But on the other hand, I've had Preds fans come to me after the game and congratulate me or tell me good game. And on the other other hand (I guess this would have to be someone else's hand cause this is my third point) I've seen Detroit fans stand and start taunting Preds fans in the audience after a win or goal. So in the end it goes both ways.

The best thing to do is let Babcock and crew do your taunting for you. You'll start to notice how less annoying Preds fans become when their team is getting killed on the ice. There is no excuse for what those fans are doing, but they want to to respond and stoop to their level. Also, don't let this deter you from going to anymore Wings games at the Sommet. I've known people that have completely stopped going because they were either annoyed or intimidated. I've been down that road so many times, but in the end I love hockey and I love the Wings, and I'll be there to cheer them on no matter what. So whoever you, I hope to see you at the nest Wings/Preds game.

Taunts

I can definitely say that this kind of thing doesn't happen at the Pepsi Center, or at least I haven't witnessed it myself. Usually when someone is wearing a jersey for another team I just see people talking crap... I'm happy most Avs fans have more class than this.

Thanks RedFX - maybe I'll be lucky enough to sit by you at an upcoming Predators game. I agree there are good and bad seeds at all arenas, but it should never go beyond words/heckling/verbal taunts. Unfortunately, I think it will just get worse and worse each season until the Predators win a playoff series against the Red Wings.

Thanks Preds for ruining a good Tim McGraw song.

Tim McGraw himself recorded the version they play at the games. They play a video clip of him singing it in the studio. So I guess it's not ruined.

I'm really sorry to hear from a few folks who've had bad experiences at the Sommet. The vast majority of Preds fans at the Sommet are very welcoming and friendly to visiting fans - even Wings fans. It always seems the case that the poor actions of a few reflect on everybody else.

There is a certain amount of visiting fan etiquette, though - like not taunting the locals when your team is doing well, not trying to get your neighbors to punch you, etc. I've seen that happen a couple of times. Sat next to a guy in a Hawks jersey at the game they won in Nashville who was so drunk he could hardly stand up and who repeatedly shouted racial and ethnic slurs and tried to challenge all of the men in the section to hit him. (He didn't succeed, but boy was he annoying)

Perhaps part of the "group cheer" thing at the Sommet is related to our history. When hockey arrived in Nashville in the fall of 1998, there were more red jerseys in the crowd by far than blue ones - even when the Preds weren't playing the Wings! Wings games seemed more like home ice for Detroit than for Nashville. There's nothing wrong with that. It's part of growth and our history. Our initial fan base came largely from relocated rust belters. We went through a lot of years of Predwings - fans who supported the Preds except when the Wings were in town. It's been a long, slow conversion. If you've never experienced it, just try to imagine going to the Joe and being outnumbered by supporters of the other team. And in those years it was odds on that the other team was going to win, too. Even in the 2004 playoffs, there were whole sections with more red than blue. So having a group of dedicated people who got crowd chants going was really important. Now it's part of the experience at the Sommet. Our team loves it. The other team hates it - why would we change?

Thanks RedFX - maybe I'll be lucky enough to sit by you at an upcoming Predators game. I agree there are good and bad seeds at all arenas, but it should never go beyond words/heckling/verbal taunts. Unfortunately, I think it will just get worse and worse each season until the Predators win a playoff series against the Red Wings.

For most of those idiots, its just an excuse to start crap with people. Don't feel alone, the Titan fans do it also. Most of those people don't know much about the actual sport, and don't know anyone other than their team. In 5 or 6 years, we probably won't have to worry about them anymore, unless they stop losing money.

Tim McGraw himself recorded the version they play at the games. They play a video clip of him singing it in the studio. So I guess it's not ruined.

Most of us Yankees aren't big country music fans, so we wouldn't know whether it was actually ruined or not. :P

Perhaps part of the "group cheer" thing at the Sommet is related to our history. When hockey arrived in Nashville in the fall of 1998, there were more red jerseys in the crowd by far than blue ones - even when the Preds weren't playing the Wings! Wings games seemed more like home ice for Detroit than for Nashville. There's nothing wrong with that. It's part of growth and our history. Our initial fan base came largely from relocated rust belters. We went through a lot of years of Predwings - fans who supported the Preds except when the Wings were in town. It's been a long, slow conversion. If you've never experienced it, just try to imagine going to the Joe and being outnumbered by supporters of the other team. And in those years it was odds on that the other team was going to win, too. Even in the 2004 playoffs, there were whole sections with more red than blue. So having a group of dedicated people who got crowd chants going was really important. Now it's part of the experience at the Sommet. Our team loves it. The other team hates it - why would we change?

Group cheer is great. We'd just like to see Preds fans cheer for their team rather than spend the whole game denigrating the opposing team. But then, we're picky that way.

And those Predwings - they're still Wings fans. They're just afraid to show it anymore!